剧集 | 新费雪小姐探案集(2019) | 导航列表
比赛当天 我都会惯常地做些事 比如...
I have a special routine on race day. Starts off with...
行了 不用太具体
Right. We don't need the details.
看来再比一场本赛季的冠军就诞生了
One race to go in the championship season.
维吉尔比你和迪米特里都略胜一筹啊
You were narrowly trailing Virgil, with Dimitri not far behind.
维吉尔确实很厉害
Hell of a competitor was Virgil.
不过我敢打赌他用游隼
I'm pretty sure he used a peregrine falcon to try
干掉了我这里速度最快的鸟
and take out my fastest bird, though.
游隼
A peregrine falcon?
鸽子的天敌
Natural predator to the pigeon.
也不知他哪里搞来的
Come out of nowhere,
或许是从率先返巢的游隼群里抓的吧
just as the lead pack were arriving home.
对鸽子爱好者而言 这确实很奇怪
A strange move for a pigeon enthusiast.
维吉尔就是个疯子
Virgil, he was a nutter.
总想把我挤兑出俱乐部
Trying to get me kicked out of the club.
为什么 - 谁知道呢
Why? - Who knows?
他就是以激怒别人为乐
He just likes to get under people's skin.
看来他招惹过你咯
Sounds like he got under yours.
不 他倒是没找我麻烦
Nah, he never bothered me.
但迪米特里可就很苦恼了
Dimitri, though, he couldn't cop it.
他确信维吉尔生前在作弊
He was convinced that Virgil was cheating.
赛鸽怎么作弊
How do you cheat in a pigeon race?
偷换参赛鸽子就行
Well, you switch birds.
俱乐部附近有个秘密鸽舍
You have a secret loft near the club.
藏着兴♥奋♥剂♥ - 毒品
There's doping. - Drugs?
对 鸟食里放点可♥卡♥因♥
Yeah, put a bit of cocaine in with the seed
鸟儿就会叫个不停
and watch the bird zing.
这很明显
Apparently.
不过 迪米特里没法证明
Anyway, well, Dimitri couldn't prove it.
他肯定抓狂了
Must have drove him mad.
甚至想杀人
Mad enough to kill?
维吉尔扬言要毒死我的飞行高手
Virgil said he was going to poison my best flyer,
安娜·卡列尼娜
Anna Karenina.
回去吧 安娜
Oh. Back you go, Anna.
迪米特里 你今早在做什么
Dimitri, what were you doing this morning?
我和尼克开车去往罗斯巴德
Well, Nick and I went for a drive to Rosebud,
训练鸽子
for a training run.
大概六点十五离开
Left around, oh, 6:15.
大概七点到的半岛
Arrived down the peninsula around 7.
你们开同一辆车吗
In the same car?
尼克和我是两路人
Nick and I don't have much in common.
他是个年轻气盛瑞士人
He's a good deal younger than I am. Swiss.
我更愿意边听柴可夫斯基边开车
I prefer to share my drive with Tchaikovsky.
离开罗斯巴德后 你去了哪里
Where did you go after Rosebud?
我直接回家了
Uhh, I went straight home.
普里瓦洛夫太太可以作证吗
Is there a Mrs. Privalov to vouch for that?
可以
Mrs. Privalova.
不过她四年前去世了
And she died, uh, four years ago.
无意冒犯
Oh, I'm so sorry.
你们继续
Carry on.
既然你和尼克相处不来
If you and Nick didn't get along,
干嘛和他一起训练鸽子
why bother joining him on a training run?
我想让我的宝贝鸽子们多多练习
Oh, I was keen to get more miles into my youngsters.
尼克想送走他们的不善比赛的小鸽子
Nick's rehoming some of their lesser flyers.
他们
"Their"?
尼克和维吉尔是队友
Well, Nick and Virgil were a team.
尼克的名字不在参赛名单里
Nick's name isn't on the championship board.
他相当于隐名合伙人
He was very much the silent partner.
他们联合后 维吉尔才能频频胜出
Even though Virgil only started winning once they joined forces.
尼克对此有何感受
How did Nick feel about that?
没人比维吉尔更懂鸽子
No one understood pigeons like Virgil.
鸽子的喂食 配餐等事 他都非常上心
He was fastidious about breeding, diet, everything.
你的鸽子会飞回维吉尔的鸽舍吗
Do your birds fly to Virgil's loft?
比赛当天我还有其他事要做
I have other responsibilities on race day.
我要开车去放飞点
I drive the truck to the liberation.
放飞点
The liberation?
就是放鸽子比赛的地点
It's where the birds are released for the race.
看着鸽子成群齐飞
To watch a kit of pigeons rise as one,
然后彼此分开 回归自己的巢穴
before they must leave each other to fly home
很解压
is, um, cathartic.
你最后见到维吉尔活着是什么时候
When did you last see Virgil alive?
就这里 在他昨晚的庆生酒席上
Here, at his birthday drinks last night.
昨天是维吉尔的生日
Yesterday was Virgil's birthday?
那谁最后离开酒席
So, who was the last to leave the drinks?
最后就剩我和维吉尔
Well, in the end, it was just me and Virgil.
大清早就开车去罗斯巴德
It's a good effort to drive to Rosebud
很辛苦吧
first thing in the morning.
为了赛鸽 义不容辞
I promised the birds I would.
放完鸽子后你做了什么
What did you do after you released them?
直接开车回家
I drove straight home.
有人能证实吗
Can anyone attest to that?
这些鸽子
My birds.
我记录过它们飞到家的时间
I clocked them when they got home.
最后一只是在八点五十五到的
Last to arrive was, uh, 8:55.
我可以把时间戳给你们 - 还有计时钟
I can bring you the timestamp. - And the clock.
只要能帮忙抓住杀人凶手 尽管提
Anything to help catch the monster that did this.
我简直不敢相信有人会通过鸽子来犯罪
I can't believe someone would commit murder over pigeons.
可能是犀鸟干的
Toucans, maybe.
我能理解对鸽子的热爱
I understand the passion for pigeons.
我爸以前也赛鸽 - 是吗
My dad raced them. - Oh.
小时候就 我周六下午我喜欢望向远处
Yeah, as a kid, I loved waiting and watching for his birds
等待它们返巢归来
to arrive home on a Saturday afternoon.
它们回来后 你会做什么
And what would you do when they'd get home?
把它们扔进车里
You...Do you throw them in the car
然后火速前往俱乐部吗
and drive as fast as you can to the club?
不是 得记录鸽子返巢的时间
No, no, you...you clock your birds at home.
过来 给你演示下
Here. I'll show you.
比赛开始前 要在鸽子的腿上
Before each race, a numbered rubber ring
绑上有编号♥的胶圈
is placed on each bird's leg.
调准时钟并锁起来
And then the clocks are synchronized and locked.
美国著名作家及漫画家
上锁的钟 很有苏斯博士的样子
Locked clocks? How very Dr. Seuss.
时间不可更改 而且要精确到秒
The clock must be tamper-proof and accurate to the second,
鸽子飞回来后 你需要解下胶圈
because when the pigeon returns, you remove their rubber ring,
放进时钟
you put it into the clock,
最后打下准确的时间标记
and then it stamps the exact time.
真巧妙
Ingenious.
那是最先返巢的鸽子获胜
So first bird home wins.
不 每只鸽子要飞回不同的笼子
No. Each bird's flying to a different coop,
所以是平均速度最快的鸽子获胜
so the winner is the bird with the fastest average flying speed.
这项运动里 起点相同 却有无数终点
It's a sport with one starting gate and a thousand finish lines.
它们怎么能找到回家的路呢
How do they find their way home?
有些人认为鸽子能感知地球磁场
Well, some believe that they sense the Earth's magnetic field,
有些人认为它们体内有个
and others think it's an internal compass
依靠太阳位置定位的指南针
that relies on the sun's position.
确切答案无从得知
No one knows for sure.
真是有趣的谜题
It's a beautiful mystery.
你和维吉尔的婚姻状况如何
How would you describe your marriage to Virgil?
你觉得是我杀了他吗
You think Ikilled him, don't you?
肯定是谁把我的话告诉你了
Someone told you what I said!
格拉迪斯 没事的 放轻松
Gladis! Slow down! It's alright.
你刚说什么
What are you talking about?
不久前 我在大家面前
A few days ago in front of everyone.
对维吉尔说 "你干脆变成鸽子得了"
I told Virgil I wished he'd turn into a bloody pigeon.
你们是要把我送进监狱 关一辈子吧
Oh. You're gonna lock me up and throw away the key.
来吧 做个了断吧
Go on, then. Get it over with.
我们不用那么心急 比斯利太太
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Mrs. Beasley.
所以你和维吉尔相处得不好
So you and Virgil weren't getting along?
不过是夫妻拌嘴罢了
It was just a little lovers' tiff.
他的眼里除了鸽子装不下其他人
Not that he could love anyone as much as he loved his birds.
你的茶 格拉迪斯
Your tea, Gladis.
你们有孩子吗
剧集 | 新费雪小姐探案集(2019) | 导航列表