剧集 | 猫头鹰谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表
传统意义上的作家了
in the old- school sense, not anymore.
他们是网红
They're influencers. Oh!
行吧 行吧
Right, yeah, okay.
你真这么相信吗
Do you really believe that?
真的吗
Do you?
没错 时代是变了
Times have changed, yes.
时代当然在变
Of course they have.
但你跟我一样清楚
But you know as well as I do
能让书大卖♥♥的
that what sells books
绝不是任何形式的社交媒体
isn't social media in any shape or form.
而是会讲故事的作家
It's writers who can tell stories
讲出能够触达人们生活的故事
that mean something to people's lives.
这才是我擅长的领域
That's my world,
如果你眼中的我
and if you want to make me feel like
只是一个老气横秋的老前辈
I'm Methuselah's great- aunt,
那我对你很失望
then I'm disappointed in you,
因为我不是那样的
because that is not who I am
你刚出道的时候也不是这样的
and it's not how you were when you started out.
好吧 那
Okay, then, um
我再问你一个问题
AlI right, let me ask you something else,
既然都聊到了老派
if you want to talk old school.
我们打算出版露西·福利的犯罪小说
We're publishing a crime novel by Lucy Foley.
她是个好作家
She's very good.
这是目前的封面
Here's the cover.
你怎么看
What do you think?
书名不错 我喜欢这个颜色
: It's a good title, I like the colors.
但这张图我不太喜欢
But, um, I'm not sure about the image.
为什么
Why not?
因为有点
Because it's
太直白 也很老套
It's crass and cliched, and it's,
说差劲也不为过
it's actually rather horrible.
露西·福利是个才华横溢的作家
Lucy Foley's an intelligent writer.
她根本不需要直白的怼脑输出
She needs this sort of image like a hole in a head,
恰如你封面的画一样
which is actually what it shows.
但我们营销团队很喜欢 -他们错了
Our marketing team liked it. Well, they're wrong.
露西的读者喜欢开动脑筋
Lucy's readers use their brains.
他们不需要看到脑浆飞溅
They don't need to see them splattered over the page.
这其实是我的主意
And it was my idea.
我觉得这个主意不咋地
Well, I don't think it's a good one.
我们有了结论会通知你
We'll let you know.
我觉得你们已经有了
I think you already have.
我们来瓶
We'll have a bottle.
特级的夏布利
Oh! ...of the Chablis Premier Cru.
完美
SERVER: Perfect.
谢谢
SUSAN: Thanks.
这才中午 我们不该喝酒的
I shouldn't be drinking at lunchtime.
理查德会生我气的
Richard'll be mad with me.
理查德是谁
Um, who's Richard?
我现在的房♥客
My current live- in.
其实 他可不止是房♥客
Ooh! Actually, he's more than that.
我们在考虑结婚
We're thinking of getting married.
天啊 好可怕啊
God! Isn't that awful?
说明我老了
Must be getting old.
你日子过得很不错
You've done very well for yourself.
你是说艾伦·康威让我日子过得不错吧
You mean Alan Conway did well for me.
那座房♥子我卖♥♥了两百万呢 苏珊
I got two million for that house, Susan.
你有没怀疑过 可能是我杀了他
Did you ever think I was the one who did him in?
你是我的头号♥嫌疑人
Oh, you were my number- one suspect,
你这么说我就放心了
Glad to hear it.
可怜的艾伦
Poor Alan.
哪怕过去这么久
Even after all this time,
我都很难相信他被杀了
it's still hard to believe he was murdered.
是啊
Mm, it is.
再见到你我很开心 詹姆斯
Oh, it's good to see you again, James.
来点夏布利吗 -好的 倒吧
SERVER: Chablis? JAMES: Yeah, that's fine, just pour it.
你又接了第二起谋杀
: Now a second murder.
真是永远都停不下来 是吧
SUSAN: Oh. You never stop, do you?
全世界都觉得
the whole world believes
是一名叫斯蒂凡·莱昂尼达的
that a Romanian hotel worker,
罗马尼亚酒店员工 杀了弗兰克·帕里斯
Stefan Leonida, killed Frank Parris.
塞西莉·特雷赫恩表示过怀疑
Cecily Treherne had her doubts,
而她现在消失不见了
and now she's disappeared.
而现在人们怀疑艾伦在书中
Now, it may be that Alan hid something
留下了线索 而你比任何人都了解他
in the book and you knew him better than anyone.
嘿 我还了解弗兰克·帕里斯呢
Yeah, well, I knew Frank Parris too.
是
Did you?
当然了 天
God, yes.
在以前过苦日子
In the bad old days,
还要工作的时候 弗兰克
when I was working, Frank
以每次300磅的价格
took me to bed maybe half a dozen times
睡了我六次
at 300 quid a pop.
老实说 他这人不咋地苏珊
To be honest, he wasn't a very nice man, Susan.
你是指什么
In what way?
他控制欲很强
He liked to have all the power.
他喜欢玩游戏
He liked to play games.
完全不是我的菜
Not at all my cup of tea
但他给的钱多 所以我就忍♥了
but he was paying top whack, so I didn't complain.
我其实还要感谢弗兰克呢
And actually, I should be grateful to Frank.
是弗兰克把我介绍给艾伦的
It was Frank who introduced me to Alan.
是在艾伦出柜之前吗
That was before Alan came out?
对 很久以前
Oh, yeah, long before!
艾伦是同性恋 毋庸置疑
Yeah, Alan was gay, obviously,
但他不想让任何人知道
but he didn't want anyone to know it.
他那时刚写完第二本书
He'd just finished his second book,
而且也已结婚
and he was married.
他很害怕被有人发现性取向
He was terrified if anyone found out about him,
这会毁了他的事业
it would just ruin his career.
但是弗兰基改变了这一切
But it was Frankie who changed all that.
怎么改变的
In what way?
弗兰克算是
Frank was a sort of
他的导师吧
mentor to him,
鼓励他 你懂的
encouraging him to, you know
探索他的性取向
: ...explore his sexuality.
弗兰克把你介绍给艾伦 是为了帮他探索吗
So Frank introduced you to Alan to...help him?
绝对是
Absolutely.
我是他疗程的一部分
I was part of his therapy.
我第一次见到艾伦就很喜欢他
JAMES: I quite liked Alan when I first met him.
他当时没那么自信
He was so unsure of himself.
直到很久以后
It was only much later,
他成为畅销书作家后
when Alan's book sales went ballistic,
他才变得那么专横的
he became a monster.
艾伦
Alan,
你是同性恋 你喜欢男人
you're gay, you like men.
你怎么就不肯承认呢
Why don't you just admit it?
我还有老婆孩子
I have a wife and son.
你不觉得他们已经
And you think they don't
开始怀疑你有问题了吗
suspect that maybe something isn't quite right?
一家之父一半的时间都待在伦敦
What do they think that Daddy's doing in London
他们会觉得你在做什么
on his own half the time?
还不止这个原因
It's not just that.
我可是一名人♥民♥教师
: I work at a school.
艾伦 大把的同性恋在当老师
Alan, there are hundreds of gay teachers out there.
不代表他们就很危险 就会占学生便宜
Doesn't make them dangerous or predatory.
你只是害怕而已 你在找借口
You're just scared, and you're making excuses,
你没意识到你在糟蹋自己的人生
and you don't see it, but you're harming your own life.
做自己
Be what you arel
要开心
Be happy.
我得撤了
: I've got to dash.
里奥在外面等我呢
Leo's waiting for me outside.
你干嘛不请他进来
Why didn't you invite him?
剧集 | 猫头鹰谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表