剧集 | 猫头鹰谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表
变成了畅销书
Bestsellers?
太对了
Exactly.
你跟艾伦·康威
You and Alan Conway.
是啊 三叶草出版社的事我很抱歉
Yeah, I was sorry about Clover Books.
我也是
Me, too.
我正在另谋他就
I am looking for another job
任何头脑正常的出版社
Well, anyone in their right mind
都会抢着要你的
would snap you up.
我今天就有个面试
Actually, I've got an interview today
是吗 哪家啊
Oh, really, who with?
帕克·钱斯
Uh, Parker Chance.
你听说过吗 他们是独♥立♥出版社
Do you know them? They're an independent.
规模很小 但很成功
They're small, but, you know, they're successful.
我还以为你在克里特岛很开心呢
Thought you were happy in Crete.
是很开心啊 但我怀念出版业
I am, but I, I- - I miss publishing.
安德里亚斯对此什么看法
What does Andreas think about all of this?
这一切没那么容易
It's not easy
天 咱俩要聊的太多了
God, we've got so much to catch up on.
不一边吃晚餐一边聊吧
Why don't we do it over supper?
街角新开了
There s this new little bistro
一家小酒馆
that's opened up just around the corner,
不知道你想试试不 就简单吃吃
if you're up for it- - I mean, it's very informal.
行啊 我
Yeah, I'd, I'd
我很乐意
I'd like that.
太好了
Great.
顺便一提 我还真
Oh, by the way, I managed to
找到你要的犯人了
track down your prisoner. Mm!
斯蒂凡·莱昂尼达
Um, Stefan Leonida.
他被关押在诺福克的威斯通皇家监狱
He's being held in HMP Weystone in Norfolk
没错
Right, um
你能把我弄进去吗
Can you get me in?
巧的是 我正好认识监狱长
As it happens, I know the governor.
我把你加到了他们的扫盲计划中
Basically, I've added you to their literacy program.
当然 你得填些表格
Obviously, there are some forms to fill in,
单独面谈也得取得莱昂尼达的同意
and Mr. Leonida has to agree to a one- to- one. Mm- hmm.
太棒了 谢谢你 -乐意至极
Brilliant, thank you. I'm glad to help.
知道吗 我的书是去年
Hm. Did you know that last year,
监狱里最受欢迎书籍的第三名
my books were the third- most popular in prison
前两名是詹姆斯·帕特森和杰弗里·阿彻
after James Patterson and Jeffrey Archer?
我就说嘛
I'm not surprised.
嗯 其实
Well, you know.
我在考虑卖♥♥掉酒店
ANDREAS : I'm thinking of selling the hotel.
不行
You can'tl
卖♥♥给谁
Who to?
我
Me?
我想让你买♥♥下我的股份
I want you to buy my share.
你在说啥呢 安德里亚斯 我没那么多钱
What are you talking about Andreas? I don't have the money.
那就去搞钱 雅尼斯
Find the money Yannis
我的生活不能没有苏珊 你知道的
I can't do it without Susan. You know that
这太不符合你风格了
This isn't like you!
我知道
I know.
但我需要她
But I need her.
她不在我很煎熬
I'm miserable without her.
她在你咖啡里下了迷魂药
She's put something in your coffee.
不知道
I don't know
我明天就动身去英国
I'm going to England tomorrow.
我打算劝她回来 要是劝不动
I'm going to talk to her. And if she won't come back with me
我就留在英国
I'm going to have to stay
拉基 上一大瓶
Raki, a large bottle.
苏珊
Susan.
内森 -对不起 让您久等了
Nathan. Sorry to keep you waiting.
又见面了 我很开心
Oh. It's great to see you again.
我也一样
And you.
你还好吗 -挺好的 谢谢
How are you? Yeah, I'm good, thank you.
来 上来聊吧
Yeah. Please, come on up.
所以 你去了雅典
NATHAN: So, you've been in Athens.
什么时候去的
How long is it now?
都一年了
Oh, a year,
其实 我去的是克里特岛
and actually, it's, it's Crete.
哦 没错
Yes, that's it.
你在那边开了家酒店
And you've been, uh, running a hotel.
特菲力酒店
The Trifilli.
对 是希腊语三叶草的意思
Yes, it's Greek for clover.
安德里亚斯起这个名是为了
Andreas named it after...
纪念三叶草出版社
Clover Books. Yeah.
我听说那次的事了 真是难过
I was very sorry to hear about what happened.
是啊 太可怕了
Yeah- - yeah, it was horrible.
所以
So.
你想回来工作
You want to come back.
不然也不会坐这儿了
That's why I'm here.
我怀念出版业
Yeah, I miss publishing.
听说你们在招高级编辑
And I heard you were looking for a senior editor.
我有话直说了哈 你别介意
If you don't mind, I'll just say right from the off,
面试你我觉得有点尴尬 苏珊
I feel a little awkward interviewing you, Susan.
我以为这只是
I thought it was just a conversation
两个朋友之间的谈话
between two friends,
其中一个在15年前
one of whom had given the other
给了另一个人在出版工业的第一份工作
his first job in publishing 15 years ago.
我仍然心存感激 -你不需要的
I'm still grateful. You don't need to be
你干得很出色
You did a brilliant job.
好吧
Okay, then.
听着 作为朋友
Look, as a friend-
开诚布公地讲 苏珊
I'|l be honest with you, Susan-
我非常希望你加入
I'd love to have you on board.
如果我说了算 你明天就可以上班
If it was my decision, you'd start tomorrow.
但我得跟我的合伙人谈谈
But I'll have to talk to my partners.
说服他们 -说服他们
Persuade them. Persuade them?
他们并不知道你是谁
Well, they don't know you.
他们总认识艾伦·康威吧
But they know Alan Conway.
畅销1800万册的作家
18 million copies sold.
他们肯定听过《白色匕♥首♥》系列
I mean, they, they've heard of the "White Dagger" series.
也肯定读过克雷格·安德鲁斯的书吧
They've read Craig Andrews.
艾伦·康威已经死了
Alan Conway's dead,
《白色匕♥首♥》也已停印
"White Dagger's"out of print,
就连克雷格·安德鲁斯的销量也大不如前
and even Craig Andrews doesn't sell like he used to.
嗯 感谢你的直白
Well, that's told me, I suppose.
我不是故意这么直 只是这么一说
I don't mean to do that, I'm just saying.
你已经离开一年了 苏珊
Look, you've been away for a year, Susan
一切都在高速变化
And things have been changing very fast:
读者 这个行业
the people, the industry
你是说我脱离现实了
Are you saying I'm out of touch?
我可没那么说
I didn't say that.
但我觉得你有在暗示
I think you implied it.
好吧 那好
Okay, then, fine.
我问你个问题
Let me ask you something.
你有Ins账号♥吗
Do you have an Instagram account?
你用抖音吗 -不用
Are you on TikTok? No.
你对玄幻爱情题材怎么看
What do you think of romantasy?
你为这个干什么
Why do you ask?
因为已经卖♥♥出了4000万册
40 million copies sold,
主要销♥售♥渠道是书抖
mainly through BookTok
我也不用书抖
I'm not on BookTok, either.
这就是我的意思
And that's what I mean.
这就是我谈的点
That's what I'm talking about.
不 你谈到了小说类型
No, what you're talking about is genre fiction.
玄幻爱情小说或许销量惊人 但
Romantasy may sell millions, but
你真的爱读吗
You're really a fan?
我真的爱销量
I'm a fan of the sales.
还有 当今世上一些知名作家
Ah. And some of the biggest writers
已经不是
in the world aren't writers
剧集 | 猫头鹰谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表