剧集 | 寻找阿拉斯加 | 导航列表
如果我们生前为善
If we live a good life,
下一世是否能得到奖励
are we rewarded in the next one?
如果我们伤害了别人 那我们会怎么样
If we hurt others, what becomes of us then?
古印度教认为比死亡更可怕的
Ancient Hindus believed there's only one fate
只有更多的轮回
worse than death and that was more life.
那些沉浸于短暂的欢愉和自身的欲望中的人
Those who live motivated by transitory pleasures,
注定只能回到这世上
self-interest were destined to return to this earth.
如果你够格 就会重新轮回
Recycled, if you will,
被迫再次开始为人的旅途
forced to commence their journey
一遍一遍又一遍
again and again and again.
那些自律 自爱的人
Those who lived with presence, self-examination,
则会飞升成神
they climb to a higher path of the gods.
虽然还有一点时间
While it's not due for some time,
但我要给你们期末的课题了
I am going to give you your final exam topic now.
人类需要回答的
What is the most important question
最重要的问题是什么
human beings must answer?
好好选择你们的问题
Choose your question wisely
然后探索佛教 伊♥斯♥兰♥教和基♥督♥教
and examine how Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity
都是如何回答这个问题的
attempt to answer it.
用书
彼此彼此
Mi casa, su casa.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
听起来很严肃
Sounds serious.
坐下
Sit down.
保罗和玛瑞亚转到了哈斯顿
Paul and Marya transferred to Harsden.
他们的篮球队应该比我们的更烂
Guess their basketball team is even shittier than ours,
因为保罗是队员
'cause Paul's on it,
他们今晚都会来球赛
and they'll both be at the game tonight.
太好了
That's great.
我很想念玛瑞亚
I miss Marya so much.
我到现在之前才发现我的衣服这么逊
I never realized how uncool I dressed until this second.
你这个朋友真糟糕
You know, you're kind of a bad friend
平时都不告诉我
for not talking to me about it.
这两件衬衫都很满意
Both of those shirts are completely satisfactory.
我想要的不是满意
I'm not going for satisfactory.
阿♥拉♥斯加怎么说第一次约会要怎么穿的
What did Alaska say about dressing for a first date?
我觉得我应该正式点
I feel like I should be kind of formal,
但我们是一起在体育馆里
but it is a group thing and in a gym.
所以也许还是不要那么正式
So maybe not too formal.
马球衫配领带不大对吧
Hey, a polo with a tie isn't a thing, right?
我直接去问问她吧
I'm just gonna go ask her.
你知道你是要和劳拉约会
You do realize you're going on a date
而不是阿♥拉♥斯加吧
with Lara not Alaska, right?
伙计
Hey, man.
帕吉
Pudge.
你真的坠入爱河了 哈尔特先生
You ready to fall in love, Mr. Halter?
你喜欢这一套吗
Do you like this?
还不行
Hmm. Not yet.
交给...交给我吧
Uh, oh. Um...I can--I can do that.
我听说我很反对
I've heard you have strong feelings
熨烫和父权制度
about ironing and the patriarchal paradigm.
没错 但我喜欢劳拉
I do indeed, but I like Lara.
她值得一个能好好表现的男人
And she deserves a man who presents well.
那么
So, um...
我该和她说什么
what do I talk to her about?
就像你和我聊的事一样
Just the same stuff you talk to me about.
但是和你不一样
Yeah, but it's different with you.
好好了解她
Get to know her.
问她问题
Ask her questions.
和我练练
Practice on me.
好吧
Okay.
为什么叫阿♥拉♥斯加
Why Alaska?
最终总是会问这个问题
Always comes up eventually.
我的妈妈
Hmm...my mom,
我小时候 她算是个嬉皮士
she was something of a hippie when I was kid.
穿那种大码的衣服
You know, wore oversize sweaters,
抽很多大♥麻♥
smokes a lot of pot...
我爸爸则是个共和党人
and my dad, he was more of a Republican type.
所以我出生后
So when I was born,
她希望给我取名叫哈莫妮·斯普林斯·杨
she wanted to name me Harmony Springs Young,
他想给我取名叫玛丽·弗兰西斯·杨
and he wanted to name me Mary Frances Young.
所以在学校表格之类的东西上
So on school forms and everything
我七岁之前 他们都叫我玛丽
up until I was seven, they named me Mary.
后来我就自己选自己想要的名字
And then I got to choose my own name.
好吧 但为什么叫阿♥拉♥斯加
Okay, but why Alaska?
是阿留申语 阿列斯加
It's from an Aleut word, Alyeska.
意思是"打碎海洋之物"
It means "that which the sea breaks against."
我很喜欢
And I love that.
但是当时
But at the time,
我只是看着我爸爸的地球仪
I was just looking at my dad's globe,
然后就看到了阿♥拉♥斯加
and...and I saw Alaska up there.
那里很大 就像我想成为的那样...
And it was so big, just like I wanted to be...
而且离阿♥拉♥巴马的奥文站又那么远
And so damn far away from Vine Station, Alabama,
就像我想离开的那样
just like I wanted to be.
你现在都长大了
Well, you're all grown up now
离家也很远了
and fairly far away from home,
所以恭喜你
so congratulations.
离开没有那么简单
Getting out isn't that easy.
你好
Hi!
我想这是杰克吧
Uh, so I--um, I take it this is Jake.
我应该忘记告诉你了 但今晚是六人约会
I think I forgot to tell you, but tonight's a triple date.
三对半 因为铎美也会来
I mean, triple and a half, because Takumi's also coming.
杰克 这是帕吉
Jake, this is Pudge.
听说了很多你的事
Hey. Heard a lot about ya.
希望你今晚约会顺利
Hope your date works out tonight,
因为我可不希望你在我眼前
'cause I wouldn't want you stealing Alaska
偷走阿♥拉♥斯加
out from under me.
天啊 你真可爱
God, you're so adorable.
好吧
Oh, okay.
今晚比赛见
Um, I-I'll see you guys at the game.
再见
Um, bye.
-你好 -你好
- Hi. - Hi.
现在回头还不算太晚
It's not too late to turn back.
你和杰克还是能够享受没有篮球的
You and Jake can still enjoy a nice quiet evening
宁静夜晚
away from the basketball game.
那杰克要怎么见识
But then how will Jake see how much
我们最爱的队伍有多烂
our beloved team sucks?
好吧
Okay.
你喜欢篮球吗
Do you like basketball?
不怎么喜欢
Not really.
我也是 我是说 我也不喜欢
Me too. I mean, me neither.
我不喜欢
I--I don't like it.
我总是能在赛场看到你
I always see you at the games.
不 那是因为上校的把戏
Yeah, no, that's just 'cause The Colonel has a thing,
你知道的
you know.
-而且体育馆里有空调 -没错
- And there's AC in the gym. - Yes.
嗯 还有那个原因
Yeah, that--that too.
那么 为什么叫劳拉
So, why Lara?
为什么什么
Why what?
对不起
Oh, I'm sorry.
你为什么叫劳拉
Um...why is your name Lara?
我父母有一本宝宝名字大全
Oh, um--uh, my parents had the book of baby names
他们喜欢这个名字
and they liked it.
不错 很不错
Cool. That's cool.
不要坐在劳拉边上
Don't sit next to Lara.
我为什么不能坐在我的约会对象边上
Why am I not allowed to sit next to my date?
我们其中一个一直是女孩子
One of us has been a girl her entire life,
另一个从来没有上过二垒
and the other one has never gotten to second base.
所以如果我是你的 我会坐下
So if I were you, I would sit down,
看上去帅帅的 然后
look cute and be your pleasantly aloof self.
你好 你好
剧集 | 寻找阿拉斯加 | 导航列表