剧集 | 不期而至(2010) | 导航列表
My work truly helps humanity in a time of need.
在有需要的时刻 我的工作是人性的展现
I cannot believe that you are making me do this.
不敢相信 你居然让我做这个
Well, it has to be you.
这真的得你来做
I'm not an inspirational speaker, Cate.
我可不是个能鼓舞人心的演讲者 凯特
Great. You made it.
很好 你们来了
Which one of you is going on?
接下来你们谁上
I hate you.
我恨你
Hey, Math.
你好 马斯
That's the guy I was telling you about,
那就是我跟你提过的那个
who was looking at Jamie's room.
看上杰米房♥间的人
Nice guy.
挺不错的人
Lux met him.
莱克丝见过他
Cool.
挺好
Are you going to introduce us
那你是打算介绍我们俩认识呢
or just wait until we're fishing socks
还是等我俩抱着我们的臭袜子
out of each other's laundry pile?
在洗衣房♥遇上了再说
No. that's what sucks. he's not taking it.
没 最郁闷就是这个 他没租
Wait. What?
等等 什么
He's not?
他没租
He called back last night.
他昨晚给我回了电♥话♥
Too bad,
很遗憾
since we could really use another roommate who has a job.
因为我们本来能有个有工作的室友
Pressure. Very helpful.
施加压力 这招真有效
Um, um, you know what?
呃 是这样
I left something in my locker. i'll be right back.
我有东西落在储物柜里了 去去就来
And that's why, to me,
所以 对我来说
The porta-potty service is the number one business to be in.
移♥动♥厕所检修是我的第一份工作
It's also the number two business.
也是唯一一份工作
What's the deal, mr. daniels?
什么意思 丹尼尔斯老师
You're not talking to me now?
现在连话都不跟我说了
Yeah, 'cause that's not childish.
没错 这样才够成熟
There's no point in talking, 'cause you don't get it.
没什么好说的 因为你根本就不懂
I do get that you're not taking the room
我知道 你不租阁楼上的那个房♥间
in the loft because of me.
是因为我
Actually, I want to be closer to school.
其实我是想住得离学校近点
Right. So now
好吧 所以你现在
you're a child and a liar. Got it.
既要当小孩又要当骗子 明白了
I'm a liar?
我是骗子
That's ironic. You were working in a bar.
真讽刺 你当时在酒吧上班
You were wearing an engagement ring,
戴着一只订婚戒指
talking about some guy you'd been dating for years?
跟我聊一个跟你谈了很多年恋爱的男人
You were wearing a U of O t-shirt.
还穿着一件俄勒冈州大学的T恤
We spent the whole night together, and you said nothing.
我们整晚待在外面 你却什么都没说
If I'd known that you were 16--
如果我知道你只有16岁...
Then nothing would have happened.
那一切就都不会发生了
Eric, I am sorry.
艾瑞克 对不起
Maybe I lied because I liked you,
也许我骗了你 那是因为我喜欢你
and I didn't want you to think that I was--
我不希望你觉得我是个...
I was engaged and 16,
是个16岁还订了婚的人
like I was some screwed-up kid.
以为我是个坏孩子
Lux, look, I'm sorry.
莱克丝 听着 我很抱歉
I'm not angry at you.
我没生你气
I'm upset at the situation.
只是这种情况让我很心烦
This whole thing is my fault and that...
整件事都是我的错...
You're right.
你说得对
Maybe we should go somewhere and talk.
也许我们该找个地方好好听谈谈
Thank you, Mr. Franklin.
谢谢 富兰克林先生
Dropped a lot of knowledge on us.
让我们受益良多啊
Okay, people.
好了 各位
Put your hands together
请用热烈的掌声欢迎
for my very favorite radio host,
我最喜欢的电台主持人
Portland's own Cate Cassidy!
波特兰的凯特·卡希蒂
I'm Cate...
我是凯特
...uh, from, uh,
来自...
From Cate and Ryan.
凯特和瑞恩
Okay, now I am just Cate.
现在 只有我凯特
Uh, that's "cat" with an "e."
就是"cat"加个"e"
I know.
我就知道
And she did this for a living.
她就是靠这个吃饭的
Hi, guys.
你们好
Hey. I'm sorry I'm late, everybody.
很抱歉我来晚了 各位
What are you doing here?
你来干嘛
I mean, it's career day,
今天是职业生涯日
and you're talking about our careers, so...
你要跟大家聊我们的职业 所以...
Anybody used to listen to us on the radio, K-100?
有人听过我们的电台吗 K-100电台
Right on.
好极了
I like it.
真好
So, what you're probably thinking is,
所以 也许你们会想
"how do you get a start in radio?"
"你们的电台工作是怎么开始的呢"
Cate, why don't you tell them how this all began,
凯特 你来告诉大家吧
Back in our days at, uh, Z-Rock?
回溯到Z-Rock那天
I was a production assistant.
当时我还是个产品助理
Production assistant?
产品助理
Low man on the totem pole.
公♥司♥里等级最低的那种
I, on the other hand,
另一方面 我
was the host of the afternoon show.
则在主持当天下午的产品秀
You see, Cate's main job was
大家明白吧 凯特主要的工作是
to bring the on-air talent coffee and doughnuts.
帮我拿咖啡和甜甜圈
How many times did you manage
而你有多少次做好了本职工作
to do your job and bring me coffee and a doughnut?
为我拿来了咖啡和甜甜圈呢
Zero.
一次都没有
So, eventually, at some point,
所以 终于在某一天
We had to ask cate point blank,
我们直截了当地问凯特
"Do you even want this job?"
"你真想做这份工作吗"
And the answer was...
答案是
Of course I didn't want the job.
我当然不想做这份工作
What I wanted, and what I've always wanted
我所希望的 一直期盼的工作是
was to be on the air.
做电台主持人
So they put me on,
于是他们就让我上了
uh... One afternoon,
一天下午
from the booth, to banter with Ryan.
在录音棚 和瑞安调侃主持
Yeah, and, oh, by the way, she-she bombed.
是的 而且她搞砸了
Big time.
彻底搞砸了
Yes, and I realized I had a lot to learn.
是的 然后我意识到自己需要学习的还有很多
That instead of being so focused on where I wanted to be,
而不只是关注于自己的梦想
I should be ready when I got there.
在我达到目的前 我应该做好充分准备
So the next time that I got the opportunity...
这样在我下次得到机会时
... I would be ready.
才能准备充分
So, a couple years later, I'm at k100,
几年后 我在K-100电台工作
and I had the opportunity to pick a new co-host,
正好有机会挑选一个新的主持搭档
And I remembered Cate.
于是我想起了凯特
I remembered how she knew what she wanted,
我记得她很明确自己想要什么
And how she wasn't afraid to fail and try again,
而且她一点都不害怕失败 并且不懈努力
And how she'd-she'd taken the time to just step back and learn.
还有她肯花时间回头重新学习
So I chose her.
所以我选了她
That is why I wanted to work with her then,
正因如此 当初我想与她搭档
And that is why I still do.
也正因如此 我至今仍想与她搭档
Where's Lux?
莱克丝呢
I don't know.
我不知道
I should have told you the truth about...
我应该告诉你实话
Who I was.
告诉你我是怎样的人
But if I had, we would have never gone to the ocean,
但如果我说了 我们就不能去看海了
And I would be engaged right now,
而且我现在都该订婚了
Without ever knowing that there was... More.
完全没见识过更多的世面
Now, I know that billboard was just a billboard,
现在我知道广♥告♥牌就是广♥告♥牌
not really the ocean.
不是真正的海洋
and you were just a guy
也知道了你只是个普通人
Who was being nice,
非常好的人
Not a guy that actually liked me.
但不是真正喜欢我的人
And maybe I just...
也许我只是
剧集 | 不期而至(2010) | 导航列表