那您该听听他们没吃药前是什么声音
You should hear them when they don't have it.
他们为什么要吃止泻药
And, um, why do they need poo medicine?
他们得了痢疾 腹泻非常严重
They suffer terrible with diarrhoea from the dysentery.
小伙子 我说的对不对
Isn't that right, me child?
就是这样 完全康复
There we go - right as rain!
我必须说 我们要了解一下房♥屋的建筑情况
I must say, I feel we should have been warned about the building work.
算不上建筑工程
Ah, that's not building work.
这旅馆是用战场附近的破铜烂铁
The hotel is built with metal
和腐烂的浮木搭建的
and rotten driftwood found lying around the battlefield.
我自己搭的
I made it myself.
能带我们去看看卧房♥吗
Would you please show us to our bedroom?
-我们其实没有床 -你家订满了吗
- We don't actually have any beds. - You're fully booked?
不是 我们真的就是没有床
No, we literally don't have any beds.
这正是我家旅馆的野趣
It's part of the hotel's rustic charm.
我们有再生的木质躺椅
We do have these reclaimed wooden recliners.
-我绝不睡木板 伯蒂 -不 你得睡
- I am not sleeping on a plank, Bertie! - No, you should.
如果你睡地上 老鼠会咬你的
If you sleep on the ground, the rats will get you.
尝尝这个 你这卑鄙的小怪物
Have that, you sneaky wee beast!
天 伯蒂 我要回国
Oh, gosh! Bertie, I'm going home to Mother!
不 克莱米 等下
No, no! Clemmie, wait!
什么都阻止不了我
Nothing can stop me!
你可以试试这个
You should try some of this.
免费帮你止一下
Bung you up a treat.
克莱米 让我帮你吧
Clemmie? Let me help you.
真棒 玛丽 你真是意外之喜
Top stuff, Mary! You rarely came up trumps.
聊回弗洛伦斯
Now, back to Florence.
战争结束后 她回到了英国
When the war was over, she returned to Britain
继续投身于改善医疗条件的事业
and continued her work improving hospital conditions.
1860年 一家以她命名的护理学校建成
Then, in 1860, a nursing school was founded in her name,
培养了第一批正规的专业护士
creating the first properly qualified professional nurses,
不过 找到适合在那里学习的人
although finding the right people to study there
并非易事
wasn't always easy.
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔护理学校
我是弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
I'm Florence Nightingale,
这里是弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔护理学校
and this is the Florence Nightingale School Of Nursing.
竖拇指
Thumbs up!
要感谢公益捐赠 这是有史以来第一次
Thanks to public donations... for the first time ever,
有十五女士位可以将护士当作养家的职业
15 of you can choose nursing as an actual paid career.
我们在等你 指一下 你
We're waiting for you. Point! You!
要想合格 请回答以下几个简单的问题
To qualify, simply answer these simple questions.
你是否冷静[清醒]
Are you sober?
-再说遍第一题 -你不行
- First question again? - Not you.
你是否诚实
Are you truthful
-是的 -真的吗
- Yes! - Really?
-不 -果然不行
- No. - Certainly not!
你是否守时
Are you punctual
-抱歉我来晚了 错过了车 -你不行
- Sorry I'm late. I missed the carriage. - No, thank you!
你是否干净整洁
Are you clean and tidy?
-我是的 -你绝对不是
- Yeah! - Definitely not!
你是否守序
Are you orderly
-没错 我很年长 -我是说守序
- That's right, love! I'm elderly. - Orderly!
-你需要大声些 -不行
- You need to speak up. - No!
我诚实整洁 冷静准时和守序
I'm honest, tidy, sober, punctual and orderly.
我很乐意接受训练 成为护士
I'd love to train to be a nurse.
你会成为一个好护士
You'll make a great nurse.
肯定行
Definitely!
-我聋了而且八十岁 -走开
- I'm deaf and 80! - Go away.
维多利亚时期的尴尬身体
你好 我是个英俊的医生
Hello, I'm a handsome doctor,
英俊医生
我来到维多利亚时代的英国
and I've come to Victorian Britain
来和这位女士聊聊让她非常窘迫的问题
to chat to this lady about her very embarrassing problem.
艾米丽 有什么我们能帮你的吗
Emily, how can we help you?
你好 英俊医生
Hello, handsome doctor.
你看 我的问题是 我特别丑
You see, the problem is, I am hideously ugly.
不 你...
No! You're...
-你很美 -你没看到我的水桶腰吗
- You're beautiful. - Have you not seen my elephantine waist?
特别丑的维多利亚女人
我的腰若不细成这样 没男人愿意娶我
No man will marry me unless my waist looks like this.
不 艾米丽 那样很不健康
No, you see, Emily, that's, um, pretty unhealthy.
能有那样细腰的唯一办法就是
I mean, the only way you could get a waist that small
需要用铁制的束身衣
would be to use some kind of iron corset
去挤压你的胃
to literally squeeze your stomach...
好主意
Good idea!
她们真的这样做
我马上就觉得自己更有魅力了
I instantly feel more alluring!
你要知道 去外面会更安全些
Tell you what - it would be a little bit safer outside.
我不能出门 就是因为出门才晒得这么丑
I can't go outside! That's how I got this hideous suntan!
您是因为担心皮肤癌吗
Because you're worried about skin cancer?
不 我怕自己看起来像个农民
No, I'm worried I'll look like a peasant.
为了拥有理想的肤色
Emily has some pretty extreme ideas about
艾米丽有不少极端的办法
how to get her desired complexion.
醋可以提亮肤色
Vinegar to lighten the skin.
她们真的也会这么做
含砷的肥皂
Arsenic soap.
就一点点
Just a little.
最后再画上几道
And a few finishing touches.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
沿着血管画画 让我看起来苍白透明
Drawing on veins to make myself look all pale and see-through.
你是不是被我迷住了
Aren't you captivated?
是
Yeah.
纸牌狂潮
风靡十九世纪的卡牌收集游戏
The card-collecting game that's sweeping the 19th century!
戴维·利文斯通 眼镜男
David Livingstone, glasses man,
不认识 阿瑟·柯南·道尔爵士
don't know, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
感谢摄影这一全新发明
Thanks to the brand-new invention of photography
照相机
也要感谢更多的名人
and the larger number of celebrities,
路易斯·卡罗
所有你喜爱的维多利亚时代人物均可收集到
you can now collect pictures of all your favourite Victorians!
我是伊桑巴德·金德姆·布鲁内尔
I'm Isambard Kingdom Brunel,
我把照片打印出来当名片
and I printed my pictures as calling cards.
但从没想让人去收集这些照片
I never intended for people to collect them.
运气真糟 羊排络腮胡
Tough luck, mutton chops!
伊桑巴德·金德姆·布鲁内尔
大家都在收集照片 人人都这么做
They're collecting them now, and everyone's doing it!
-哈里特·比彻·斯托 -有了
- OK, Harriet Beecher Stowe. - Got.
-埃克托·柏辽兹 -有了
- Hector Berlioz. - Got.
-拿破仑 -哪个
- Napoleon. - Which one?
-三世 -有了
- Third. - Got.
没错 收集所有你喜爱的维多利亚时代名人
Yes, collect all your favourite Victorian celebrities!
你有弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔吗
Have you got Florence Nightingale?
别傻了 没人有她的照片
That's silly. No-one's got her.
她拒绝拍照
She refuses to be photographed.
我一点也不想出现在镜头里
I don't want any personal publicity,
我也不想跟纸牌狂潮扯上任何关系
and I don't want anything to do with Cartomania!
收集几乎所有你喜欢的维多利亚时代名人
Collect almost all your favourite Victorian celebrities.
如果我觉得没问题 那么你也不应该有问题
If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for you,
维多利亚女王
这是命令
and that's an order!
遵命女王陛下 您希望我怎么做 笑一下吗
Yes, Your Majesty. How do you want me? Smiling?
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
不是这样
Certainly not!
如果上帝想让我们把牙露出来
If God had wanted us to show our teeth,
就不会给我们嘴唇了
he wouldn't have given us lips!
恶心
Disgusting!
维多利亚女王
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
纸牌狂潮 自面包后第二伟大的创造
Cartomania. The best thing since bread.
令人敬畏的弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
是真的 我们维多利亚人喜爱收集名人照片
It's true - we Victorians loved collecting photos of celebrities,
而且我们对名人的热爱不仅于此
and our obsession with celebs didn't end there.
弗洛伦斯在斯库台的工作受到广泛报道
Florence's work in Scutari was all over the newspapers,
她迅速收获了很多死忠粉
and she quickly gained an army of die-hard Florence fans
狂热程度连单向乐队的粉丝都望尘莫及
that would put Directioners to shame!
但有一个人对南丁格尔的大受欢迎
But there was one person who wasn't at all
并不是十分满意
happy with Florence's A-list status.
快来看看 南丁格尔纪念品
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表