Because a lot of what we think of
在当时有很大一部分属于法国
as America today was actually owned by France,
法国殖民地
包括像新奥尔良这样的重要城市
including important cities like New Orleans.
新奥尔良
但改变即将发生
But things were about to change.
第三任总统 托马斯·杰斐逊
President No.3, Thomas Jefferson,
三号♥
找到了一笔好买♥♥卖♥♥
knew a bargain when he saw it.
拿破仑·波拿巴
女士们先生们
Mesdames et messieurs,
我是拿破仑·波拿巴 法国的领导人
I am Napoleon Bonaparte, the leader of France,
我脑子肯定进了很多水
and there must be something very wrong with me
法兰西帝国最爱买♥♥船
想轻松卖♥♥船 今天就来吧
因为我要卖♥♥掉新奥尔良
because I am giving away New Orleans!
没错 我要卖♥♥掉它
That is right, I am giving it away!
只要两千万
For just 20 million.
我得先下手为强 以免被别人抢先
I got to get my mitts on this before somebody else snaps it up.
托马斯·杰斐逊
浪费时间
呼叫拿破仑
总统先生 很荣幸
Ah, Monsieur President, mon plaisir!
直奔主题 我想买♥♥新奥尔良
Yeah. Well, straight to the chase. I want to buy New Orleans.
两百万美元
Two million American dollars.
两百万
Two million?
乱联网浏览器 货币转换
快速转换
两百万美元 九百五十万法郎
两百万 我要两千万
Two million? I want 20!
两百万只是毛毛雨
Two million is chump change.
有别人在呼叫我 我会打给你的
I have someone on the other line. I will call you back.
乔治三世呼叫
矮子老伙计 只是想提醒你
Boney, old chap. Just giving you the heads-up,
下周四我们要向你开战
we're declaring a war on you next Thursday.
-什么 -只是想看看你有没有
- What? - Anyway, just checking you've got
足够的钱大战一场
the necessary wonga to fund a jolly good war.
可能会花很多钱
Can be rather expensive.
除非你现在就想投降
Unless of course you want to give up now?
绝不
Never!
杰斐逊
乔治三世
比尔·普雷斯顿[《阿比阿弟的冒险》中人物]
我有多少钱
How much money do I have?
法国银行
欢迎 拿破仑
账户余额
连两个钢镚儿都没有
don't even have two beans to rub together.
-拿破仑 -杰斐逊
- Napoleon. - Jefferson!
我想了很久 我爱美国
I have been thinking. I love the USA.
爱死啦
I love it! Yes.
西蒙大叔
Uncle Simon! Ha-ha!
山姆大叔指代美国 此处为误称
新奥尔良只要花上你
New Orleans is yours for just...
-一千五百万美元 -最多一千万
- 15 million dollars. - 10 million, and that's my final offer.
一千五百万 路易斯安那领地也送你了
15...but I will throw in the rest of the Louisiana Territory.
真牛逼
Hot dang!
路易斯安那领地
九万平方米的土地
That's a million square feet of land.
你们美国人怎么说来着
Oui. What the Americans call...
来个超大号♥ 是吧
going super-sized, non?
就这么说定了 皇上
You've got yourself a deal, Emperor.
今儿个真高兴
Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!
托马斯 你真是个爽快的顾客
Thomas, you are one cool customer.
天啦噜
Oh, no!
太划算了 整个州买♥♥♥一♥送♥一♥
Bargain! They did a two-for-one on whole states,
不久 美国的领土又加上了西属佛罗里达
and soon afterwards the United States added Spanish Florida too.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国
美国的正在扩张
The USA was growing,
一波又一波来自世界各地的人们
and more and more people from around the world
正前往那里开启新生活
were heading there to start new lives.
那是个激动人心的时期
It was an exciting time,
但也有些让人糊里糊涂
but it could be pretty confusing too,
因为大家说的语言都不一样
because not everyone spoke the language you might expect.
狂野西部
您好 我是警长
Guten Tag! Ich bin the Sheriff.
-有什么可以帮您的 -你说啥
- Was kann ich fur Sie tun? - What in tarnation?
英格丽 麻烦你过来一下
Ah, yeah, yeah. Ingrid, konnten Sie kommen hier, bitte?
早上好啊
Ah! Guten Tag!
你是谁 这牛仔在说什么呢
Who are you, and what is this cowboy talking about?
我们说的是德语呀
Oh, we are speaking German.
-一起来吧 -不 我才不要
- Join us. - No, I will not join you.
你们为什么都说德语
Why are you all speaking German?
因为德语是美国第二大流行的语言呀
Cos German is the second most popular language in America.
事实
简直扯淡
That's hogwash.
这戴帽子的老兄说的什么
Er, was hat er gesagt?
我猜 你是要给他的猪洗洗澡
I think you are... offering to wash his pig?
-不用了 谢谢 -才不
- Nein, danke! - No!
我是来自西班牙的牛仔
Soy un vaquero Espanol.
这我也听不懂
Ah, now I don't understand that.
好像是西班牙语吧
I think it was Spanish?
-对 对 -西班牙语
- Si, si. - Spain-ish?!
世界各地的人都来到了美国
Yes, people have come to America from all over the world,
不仅仅是英国人而已
not just England.
我们中有些人早就来了
Und einige von uns waren schon hier!
我们中有些人早就来了
Yah, some of us were here already.
别告诉我他也是德国人
Don't tell me he's German too!
不是 但有些人会努力学外语
No, but some people make an effort to learn a language.
德语可不是这里的语言
Well, German ain't the language here.
我们是说美语的
We speak American.
您可瞧好了女士 这里是美♥利♥坚♥合众国
Take a look around you, lady, this is the US of A.
你想说的是英语吧 老兄
I think you'll find it's English we speak here, old bean.
我说的不是英语 老家伙
I don't speak English, old bean.
我说的是女王殿下的美语
I speak the Queen's American.
这个白♥痴♥在说什么
Was ist diese Idiot reden?
他刚刚在骂我白♥痴♥吗
Did he just call me an idiot?
没错 没错
Ja, ja, ja!
你看 你学得不是挺好的吗
You see, now you are learning the language.
真聪明
Clever, clever, clever.
这里不欢迎外国牛仔
Foreign cowboys ain't welcome here.
你们最好快点跳上马鞍
So y'all can just saddle right on up...
来一段愉快的骑行
..And have a lovely ride of your horse
尽情享受这里美丽的风光
amidst our beautiful scenery.
我们都是移♥民♥
I mean, we're all from somewhere, right?
和平共处 我总是这么说
Live and let live. I always say that.
不管怎么说 我已经消磨够久啦
I've had a hog killing time and all, but by hook or by crook,
我该快马加鞭 赶紧回去吃顿大餐
I've got to giddy on up and get my chow from the chuck wagon.
回见 伙计们
Well, see you all later, partners.
有人听懂他说了什么吗
Did anyone understand a word of that?
我想他应该不是这里的人
I don't think he's from round here.
-音乐 -很好
- Music! - Ah, sehr gut!
可笑的美国总统
再来一个
Time for another.
太好了
Ah, yes.
第七任总统 安德鲁·杰克逊
President number seven, Andrew Jackson,
绰号♥老山胡桃
who was nicknamed Old Hickory,
因为他的士兵都觉得
because his soldiers thought
他像山胡桃木一样强硬
he was tough as hickory wood.
杰克逊于1837年去世
Jackson died in 1837,
他的葬礼很庄严肃穆
his funeral was a sombre affair
但却有一位举止极其失礼的宾客出席
with one very badly behaved guest.
再见
Good day!
我谨代表杰克逊总统一家
On behalf of President Jackson's family,
田纳西州 1845年
在这个悲伤的日子迎接各位到来
it's my honour to welcome you on this sad day.
今天出席的还有
We're joined, of course,
杰克逊总统的鹦鹉 保罗
by President Jackson's parrot, Paul,
在他漫长的职业生涯中
who was by his side
保罗一直陪伴在他身边
throughout his long career,
并学会了许多他的口头禅
and picked up many of the words he used to say.
安德鲁·杰克逊是一个
Andrew Jackson was a...
-白♥痴♥ -白♥痴♥ 白 不
- Nitwit! - ..Nitwit. Nit...not...
绝不是一个迟钝的人 与此相反
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表