Good day.
维多利亚女王购物频道
欢迎来到QVC 维多利亚女王频道
Welcome to QVC, the Queen Victoria Channel,
赶紧拨♥打♥08081570000订购吧
感谢万国工业博览会为我们
for our round-up of the hottest new products
独家赞助最新潮的产品
from The Great Exhibition.
今天你给我穿的是什么款式呢 康斯坦斯
Now, what have you got me wearing today, Constance?
是件紧身内衣 维里蒂
It's a corset, Verity.
紧身内衣
无聊 太过时了
Oh, yawn, so last season.
其实它很时髦
It's actually very much this season.
-这是带电的 -怎么个带电法
- It's electrical. - Electrical? How's that?
今日上新
带电紧身内衣
电力在许多
Electricity occurs naturally
保健产品中都存在
in a whole range of new health-giving products,
供精明的维多利亚时代消费者挑选
ready to buy for the canny Victorian consumer.
我今天早上费劲把它穿上时
When I was struggling to put this on this morning,
你是不是给它连上了电池
you hooked it up to that battery, didn't you?
维里蒂演示的功能是强化胸部
What Verity is demonstrating is designed to strengthen the chest.
他们确实干过这事
我看不见了
I can't see!
-感觉如何 -太雷了
- How does it feel? - Shocking!
我们还准备了这款梳子
We've also got this hairbrush...
今日上新
梳子
像样多了
That's more like it.
今日上新
带电梳子
怎么又是我
Oh, why me?
普通的梳子可没这效果
You just don't get these results with a normal hairbrush.
今天的节目大概到此为止...
I think that's all we've got time for on today's...
你忘了我们可爱的珠宝了
You're forgetting our lovely jewellery.
别告诉我
Please, don't tell me...
老天啊
Oh, gosh!
这些存货不多
Now, there are only a few of these remaining,
所以你可要抓紧时间
so you have to be quick.
别跟我说这些东西真有人买♥♥
Don't tell me people are actually buying these?
不 它们大多都起火烧掉了
No, they've mostly caught fire.
能帮我把带电灭火器拿来吗
Can someone grab the electrical fire extinguisher, please?
维多利亚时代的人
确实非常迷恋带电的保健设备
八
Eight...
九
Nine...
-鼠君 -一百
- Rattus! - 100.
零九十九
And 99.
一千
1,000.
完事了 我现在像跳蚤一样强壮
That's it - I'm as fit as a flea.
我之所以知道 是因为我身上就有不少
And I should know, I've got plenty of them.
抛开从穿颅手术到电磁梳子
From trepanning, electric hairbrushes,
再到上千种其他古怪可笑的医学点子
and the thousands of other weird and wacky ideas about health,
接下来要介绍的三大发现
it was these next three huge discoveries
才真正地改变了我们的世界
that really changed the world we live in today.
爱德华·詹纳
The amazing work of Edward Jenner,
爱德华·詹纳
路易斯·巴斯德
亚历山大·弗莱明
路易斯·巴斯德和亚历山大·弗莱明的研究成果
Louis Pasteur, and Alexander Fleming
是历史上拯救生命最多的事物
saved more lives than anything else in history.
也许你讨厌打♥针♥
You might not like having your injections,
但是这会保护你避免许多疾病和感染的侵扰
but they protect you from lots of nasty illnesses and infections.
多亏了他们 我们如今活得更长寿 更健康
Thanks to them, we now all live longer, healthier lives.
放音乐
Take it away, boys.
戏仿The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
*我是爱德华·詹纳*
*I'm Edward Jenner and I was told*
爱德华·詹纳
*我听说牛痘只会感染一次*
*Mates who got cowpox once never had another episode*
*所以我给詹姆斯·菲普斯打了一针菌株*
*So I-I-I injected James Phipps with a strain*
*他没再得过天花*
*He didn't catch smallpox*
*他健康完好*
*He was as right as rain*
*我给他接种*
*I gave him inoculations*
*虽然有些牢骚*
*Despite some protestation*
*让他保持健康的*
*It was the first vaccination*
*就是这第一个疫苗*
*Led to his rehabilitation*
*-接种 -让我手舞足蹈*
*- Inoculation - Imagine my elation*
*-药物 -都是由我创造*
*- Medication - At my creation*
*-我的疫苗 -疫苗*
*- And so my vaccination - Vaccination*
*引来更多试验
*Led to experimentation...*
是我做的
By me!
*路易·巴斯德 就是我的名号♥*
*Louis Pasteur, if you please*
路易·巴斯德
*如果这个有效 那任何的疾病*
*Thought if that worked Surely you can vaccinate*
*应该都能使用疫苗*
*Against all disease?*
*于是我*
*So I*
*给母鸡注射了霍乱疫苗*
*Injected cholera into a hen*
*结果它活下来继续下蛋*
*Turns out I was right*
*证明我的想法♥正♥确可靠*
*It lived to lay eggs again*
*我使它免疫*
*I gave him immunisation*
*因为这个人工疫苗*
*It was a made-up inoculation*
*-有点像我的疫苗 -疫苗*
*- Bit like my vaccination - Vaccination*
*-但是有所提高 -提高*
*- But with a modification - Modification*
*结果是它的使用*
*Turns out this application*
*带来的变化极为地重要*
*Was a critical transformation*
*二者加在一起*
*It was a combination*
*体现了科学献身精神的崇高*
*Of scientific dedication...*
*亚历山大·弗莱明*
*Alexander Fleming*
亚历山大·弗莱明
*我发明了青霉素*
*I invented penicillin*
*只是碰巧*
*Accidentally*
*所有最牛的发现都是碰巧*
*Like all the best discoveries*
*-他 -还有他 -还有我*
*- Him - And him - And me*
*拯救的人比历史上任何人都只多不少*
*Saved more lives than anyone in history*
*消灭致命的疾病*
*End disease that's killing*
*全靠青霉素和疫苗*
*With vaccinations and penicillin!*
*-我们奉献了疫苗 -好的 好的疫苗*
*- We gave you vaccination - Good, good, good, vaccination*
*-青霉素和免疫 -免疫*
*- Penicillin and immunisation - Immunisation*
*-我们奉献了疫苗 -好的 好的疫苗*
*- We gave you vaccination - Good, good, good, vaccination*
*-青霉素和免疫 -疫苗*
*- Penicillin and immunisation - Vaccination*
*-我们奉献了疫苗 -好的 好的疫苗*
*- We gave you vaccination - Good, good, good vaccination*
*-青霉素和免疫 -免疫*
*- Penicillin and immunisation - Immunisation*
*-我们对付了致病的细菌 -疫苗*
*- We left a world that's cheerier - Vaccination*
*让这个世界更加美好*
*By dealing with bad bacteria.*
*历史不再是个谜*
*The past is no longer a mystery*
*但愿你喜欢糟糕历史*
*Hope you enjoyed Horrible Histories*
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表