*恐怖都铎 华丽乔治*
*Terrible Tudors, gorgeous Georgians*
*卑劣斯图亚特 邪恶维多利亚*
*Slimy Stuarts, vile Victorians*
*悲惨战役 凶残争斗*
*Woeful wars, ferocious fights*
*昏暗古堡 英勇骑士*
*Dingy castles, daring knights*
*恐怖难以言表*
*Horrors that defy description*
*凶狠凯尔特 可怕古埃及*
*Cut-throat Celts, awful Egyptians*
*凶残维京 冷血罪行 远古的惩罚*
*Vicious Vikings, cruel crimes, punishment from ancient times*
*罗马人 堕落恶心又冷血*
*Romans, rotten, rank, and ruthless*
*穴居人 野蛮残酷不长牙*
*Caveman, savage, fierce and toothless*
*绝妙古希腊 聪明大圣人*
*Groovy Greeks, brainy sages*
*卑鄙又卑微 就是中世纪*
*Mean and measly Middle Ages*
*血腥故事无限多*
*Gory stories we do that*
*且听鼠君对你说*
*And your host a talking rat*
*历史不再是个谜*
*The past is no longer a mystery*
*欢迎收看*
*Welcome to*
糟糕历史
《糟糕历史》本期带来...
Horrible Histories presents...
令人敬畏的弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
提灯女神
在战争时期
In a time of war,
克里米亚 1855年
有一位护士改变了医学的面貌
came a nurse who changed the face of medicine -
提灯女神
the Lady with the Lamp.
提着灯有什么特别的
What is the obsession with the lamp?
每个人都需要灯 天太黑了
Everybody needs a lamp, it gets dark.
德比郡 1829年
从孩提时期起 她就喜欢照顾...
Even as a child, she loved to care...
那是我妹妹帕耳忒诺珀
Er... That's my sister Parthenope.
我在这里
I'm over here.
这是弗洛伦斯
帕耳忒诺珀 我要你帮我检查一下
Parthenope, I need you to check my Latin translation
我翻译的去年流感数据的拉丁语版本
of last year's flu statistics.
弗洛兹 你真是个书呆子
Flozza, you are such a spod.
当战争爆发...
When war broke out...
命运的齿轮转动
destiny called.
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔的命运就此改变
And it called Florence Nightingale,
斯库台医院 1855年
提灯女神
the Lady with the Lamp.
老天啊
For goodness' sake,
你能不能别再提灯这回事了
will you please stop going on about the lamp?!
我为什么要和灯联♥系♥到一起
I will not be defined by a lamp.
我还有顶帽子 你是不是要叫我
I've got a bonnet as well - are you going to start calling me
"软帽甜心"
"The Babe with the Bonnet?"
软帽...
The Babe with the...
-你还真敢 -不好意思
- Don't you dare. - Sorry.
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
Florence Nightingale,
世界最著名的护士
The World's Most Famous Nurse.
不止是提灯女神
And not just the Lady with the Lamp.
不是
No.
快走吧你
Just...go away!
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
主管
这里面真黑
Terribly dark in here.
有人看见我的灯了吗
Has anyone seen my lamp?
这是真的
It's true.
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔成了世界上最著名的护士
Florence Nightingale became the world's most famous nurse
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔
是因为她提出了关于清洁的革命性观点
with her revolutionary ideas about cleanliness.
你总被要求洗手就是她的错
It's her fault you're always being told to wash your hands.
她发起的清洁医院的运动
Her campaign to clean up hospitals
对我们老鼠来说是一场灾难
was a disaster... for us rats...
但对病人和其他人来说非常棒
..But it was GREAT for the patients and everyone else.
这么多年来
Over the years,
她拯救了数百万生命免受感染困扰
she must have saved millions of lives from infection,
但你知道吗 刚开始时
but did you know, early on,
有人还想阻止她从事护理
people actually tried to put her off nursing.
请进 请坐 您是...
Ah, come in, take a seat, Miss...?
就业办公室 德比郡
-南丁格尔 -南丁格尔
- Nightingale. - Nightingale.
我猜你一定很擅长唱歌♥
Bet you'd be rather good at singing.
我确实喜欢唱歌♥
I do so love to sing,
但那无聊又无用
but it is frivolous
不能治愈不幸或是抚慰将死之人
and cannot heal the wretched or soothe the dying,
所以上帝赐予我咽喉痛
so God has blessed me with a sore throat
让唱歌♥的诱惑烟消云散
to take the temptation away.
如果你能告诉我你真正擅长的
If you'd like to tell me what you ARE good at
还有你真正想做的事
and what sort of thing you DO like,
我们会找到适合你的职业的
we can find the right career for you.
我能流利地使用几种欧洲和古典语言
I'm fluent in several European and classical languages,
精通算术 物理
I excel at arithmetic, physics
还有化学 对统计学和贝壳学充满热情
and chemistry and I have a passion for statistics and conchology.
贝...
Con...?
-是研究贝壳的 -当然了 贝...
- It's the study of seashells. - Course it is. Con...
贝壳学
Conchology.
根据我的考量
Righty-tighty! Well, according to my calculations,
最适合你的职业是
the perfect career for you is...
妻子
wife!
妻子
Wife?
这是份全职工作
It is a full-time post.
离开学校后 你将会在家工作
After leaving school, you would be working from home,
发展空间极好 有潜力晋升为
excellent prospects and potential for promotion to...
母亲 仅需要差不多九个月 薪水是
mother in just nine months. Salary is...
不用担心薪水
Yeah, don't worry about the salary.
但我跟你说了那么多 我的才能
But after everything I've told you, my skills and talents?
是 但你是女性
Yes, but you're female.
对像你一样的富家女孩儿来说
And wife is pretty much the only job
妻子基本上是唯一合适的工作
going for a rich girl like you.
不知道你为什么排斥 我都想成为"妻子"
I don't know why you're knocking it, I'd...LOVE to be a wife.
"亲爱的 你怎么回来这么早
"Oh, darling, you're home early,
我的发卷还没拿下来呢
I've still got my curlers in!
让我先解掉围裙
"Let me take my pinafore off,
翘起脚 我来给你..."
pop your feet up and I'll give you..."
我得到了上帝的召唤
I've had a calling from God!
他想让我去外面的世界 帮助需要帮助的人
He wants me to go into the world and help the needy.
早说嘛
You should have said!
这个 修女
Here we go, nun!
但我不是天主教♥徒♥
But I'm not a Catholic.
那么我们又回到了 妻子
And we're back to...wife.
这太荒谬了
This is absurd!
我知道我想做什么 做一名护士
I know what I want - to be a nurse,
将我的毕生奉献给救死扶伤
to dedicate my life to helping the sick.
没有人能阻挡我
And no MAN can stand in my way.
你父亲对此怎么看
What does your father say about that?
非常感谢您抽时间见我 先生
Well, I thank you for your time, sir,
但你的卡片不能给我提供想要的工作
but your cards have nothing to offer me.
护士是我命中注定的事业
Nursing is my destiny.
但凡有一丝尊严的女性
No woman with a shred of dignity
都不会屈服于这样的安排
should ever have to accept this.
-我可以 弗洛兹 -帕耳忒诺珀
- I'll take it, Flozza! - Oh, Parthenope!
欢迎收看《历史版阳光
Welcome to Historical Sun,
历史版阳光 海洋和多疑的爸妈
海洋和多疑的爸妈》
Sea and Suspicious Parents,
年轻的弗洛伦斯将要去索尔兹伯里的
where young Florence is off to a nursing college
一所护士学院开启她奋斗终生的事业
in Salisbury for the trip of a lifetime.
我死也不会让她去
Over my dead body, she is.
但是父亲 我想去照顾病人
But, Father...! I want to care for the sick.
真的吗 为什么你不能像你姐姐那样
Really?! Why can't you be more like your sister?
她做过什么吗 什么也没有
Oh, what's she ever done? Nothing.
没错 这才是维多利亚时代名门淑女该做的
Exactly. That's what rich Victorian ladies are supposed to do.
你有毛病吗
What's wrong with you?
南丁格尔一家决心要改变弗洛伦斯的想法
Determined to change her mind,
和关爱世人之心
and caring attitude,
于是全额资助送她去
the Nightingales sent Florence on an all-expenses-paid
欧洲大游学
Grand Tour of Europe.
英国上流社会青年的欧洲大♥陆♥游学旅行
他们真的这样做了
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表