好消息
Great news.
我刚和律师谈了一下 他说我们可以提起诉讼
I have just spoken with a lawyer who believes
状告拼字比赛工作人员 是不是很棒
we have a case against the spelling-bee officials. Isn't that great?
Frederick
Frederick,
听着 我知道你很失落
look, I know how upset you are.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
Frederick 你不打算说些什么吗
Frederick, aren't you gonna say something?
我今天和妈妈打了电♥话♥ - 那你比我心大
Talked to Mom today. - You're a bigger man than I am.
她也是这么说的
That's what she said.
这次我真的完蛋了 对吧
I've really done it this time, haven't I?
我感觉很糟
I feel terrible.
他就是恨我 - 不 他很失望罢了
He just hates me. - No, he's disappointed, that's all.
他应该知道 就算我犯错
Still he knows that if I made a mistake,
也是因为我太想让他赢了
it was only because I wanted him to win so badly.
他会想明白的
He'll get over it.
还记得你13岁的时候 做了那个科技作品吗
Remember when you were 13, you had that science project?
我进到你房♥间 一屁♥股♥坐了上去
I came in your room and sat on it.
你也原谅我了 - 没错
You forgave me. - True.
花了六个月做的作品
Spent six months working on that project.
我是说世事难料 他会想通的
Well, my point is accidents happen. He'll come to see that.
我想你是对的
Ah, I suppose you're right.
我房♥间里有三张好端端的凳子
Three perfectly good chairs in my room,
你却偏要坐在我的杂交兰花上
you had to sit on my hybrid orchid.
好吧 希望Freddie跟你一样宽容吧
Well, let's hope Freddie's as forgiving as you are.
所以 想去晚宴吗 Freddie
So, uh, wanna go to that banquet tonight, Freddie?
我想还是算了
I don't think so.
到时候肯定有一帮人说我坏话
It'll just be a bunch of people saying bad stuff about me.
坏话但不是真话 - 但他们以为是真的
None of which is true. - But they think it is.
拿着 - Niles叔叔
Here you go. - Uncle Niles?
他们说你在拼字比赛决胜局时
Is it true that you walked off-stage
径直走下台 是真的吗
on the last word of the National Bee?
你从哪儿听来的
Now, where did you hear that?
爸爸和爷爷那儿 他们说你是佼佼者之一
Dad and Grandpa. They said you were one of the best.
好吧 他们言过其实了
Well, they exaggerate.
他们说你和一个叫Kerek的人一样厉害
They said you were just as good as somebody named Kerek?
一样厉害
Just as good?
真搞笑
Funny.
无论如何
Anyway,
故事是真的
the story is true.
我从没说过这件事 但我会说
Never talked about it before, but I will,
因为你也有这天赋
since you also have the gift.
坐吧
Have a seat.
我那时候年纪比你还小
I was, uh, a little younger than you.
已经赢下了无数场比赛
Been winning numerous competitions,
但让我日思夜想的事情有且只有一件
but, uh, I was obsessed with one thing and one thing only,
那就是全国冠军
the national championship.
那一天终于到来 我就站在台上
The time finally came and there I was, standing on that stage,
等着裁判说出最后一个词
waiting for the judge to say the final word.
就在此时 一切发生了
And suddenly it happened.
我一下子豁然开朗 所有拼字规则 I在E前
It all clicked. All the rules: I before E,
同化现象 词源学
assimilations, etymologies,
全都融为一体
they all became one,
然后化为乌有
and then became nothing.
那一刻 我意识到这世上没有我拼不了的单词
In that moment I realised there was no word I couldn't spell.
比赛输赢也无关紧要
Competitions didn't matter anymore
因为我收获了更高真理 那就是拼写的真谛
because I was one with the higher truth, that is spelling.
所以当裁判说出最后一个词时
So when the judge said that last word,
我就这么走了
I simply walked away.
你不关心别人说什么吗
Didn't you care what people said?
别人说的很多话都不是真的
Ho, people said a lot of things that weren't true.
"他不知道那个词 他害怕了 有黑幕"
"He didn't know the word. He was scared. Mafia this."
不 我一点也不困扰
No, didn't bother me
因为心中的知识是别人抢不走的
because they couldn't take away what I knew in my heart.
你知道如何拼写
You know how to spell.
别人说什么就无关紧要了
And it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.
嘿 嘿 冰激凌你不吃了
Hey, hey, don't you want your ice cream?
不了 我还要去晚宴呢
No. I have a banquet to go to.
就是这儿 - 嗨 Amanda
Ah, here we are. - Hi, Amanda.
别理她 Freddie
Never mind her, Freddie.
这是她的问题 不是你的
It's her problem, not yours.
你没做错什么
You didn't do anything wrong.
我知道 你也没有
I know. Neither did you.
我出去一下
Excuse me.
晚上好
Good evening.
我想借此机会欢迎各位
I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you
参加年度拼庆会
to this year's annual Spell-a-bration.
由于今年的活动不同以往
Because of the irregularities with this year's event,
所以就改名为联合晚宴
this gathering has been renamed the Unity Dinner
以祝贺所有的决赛选手
and is in honour of all the finalists.
"不同以往"是什么意思
What is that supposed to mean, "Irregularities"?
Frasier Frasier 算了吧
Frasier, Frasier, let it go.
Crane 没生气吧
Crane, no hard feelings.
什么感觉都没有 - 噢 别这样嘛
No feelings at all. - Oh, don't be like that.
你不是第一个想要钻空子的人
You're not the first person tempted to get around the rules.
只是第一个被抓的而已
You just got caught.
我没被抓
I did not get caught.
好吧 相机不会撒谎 骗子不会成功
Well, cameras never lie and cheaters never prosper.
你也不会闭嘴 - Frasier Frasier
And you never shut up. - Frasier, Frasier,
咱们应该学学Frederick
let's try to follow Frederick's example
宽容大度一些
and carry ourselves with dignity.
你们俩的家长在哪儿
Where are your parents?
Freddie 发生什么事了
Freddie? What's going on?
这两人在厕所打架被我抓到了
I caught these two fighting in the men's room.
他打我 - 是真的吗
He punched me. - Is this true?
他活该
He deserved it.
你为什么要打他 Freddie
Why'd you do it, Freddie?
他说我爸爸作弊 - 你是在维护我
He called my dad a cheater. - You were defending me?
你的外套呢 - 在厕所间
Where's your blazer? - It's in the bathroom.
哦天 如果掉到地上 我们就要把它销毁掉
Oh, dear. If it's touched the floor, we'll have to destroy it.
Freddie 我要你立刻和Warren道歉
Freddie, I want you to apologise to Warren right now.
是的 然后 Warren 你也要道歉
Yes, and then, Warren, you apologise too.
辱骂他人和比赛作弊一样糟糕
Being a name-caller is almost as bad as being a cheater.
我没有作弊 你就是个小偷
I am not a cheater. You are a thief.
我儿子是真正的冠军
My son is the true champion.
是啊 因为有你♥爸♥帮忙嘛
Yeah, when your dad's here to help you.
嘿 我随时随地都拼得过你
Hey, I can out-spell you any time, any place.
哦 是嘛 那现在呢
Oh, yeah? How about right now?
等下 儿子 我们不用证明什么
Hold on, son. We don't have to prove anything.
我五个词之内就能拿下你
I can take you in five words.
好啊 放马过来 为了奖杯
Okay, you're on. For the trophy.
为什么 我们已经拿到奖杯了 哈哈
Why? We already have the trophy. Ha, ha.
Crane 好好和你儿子讲讲道理
Crane, why don't you talk some sense into your boy there?
Freddie - 爸爸 我想拼写
Freddie... - Dad, I wanna spell.
怎么了 John 你怕了
What's the matter, John? You scared?
为了奖杯
For the trophy.
我们已经正式评选出了一名冠军
We have already selected an official winner.
如果你们要打架 就到别地打去
If you would like to brawl, take it someplace else.
那就出去比 - 到马路上比
Let's take it outside. - To the street.
即刻淘汰制 Scripps Howard规则
Sudden death. Scripps Howard rules.
Scripps Howard 全美拼字比赛发起人
放马过来 - 各位 暂停
Bring it on. - People, stop, please.
看看你们自己
Look at yourselves.
这是不对的
This is wrong.
单词是什么的
What are words,
归根结底 是用来沟通交流的
after all, but a way to communicate,
把我们团结到一起的
to bring us together?
但是你们 你们却把它当成武器
But you... You're using them as weapons.
现在 我们还有机会
Now, we still have an opportunity
以胜利者的姿态离开
to walk away from here as winners.
这难道不是最好的拼庆会吗
And wouldn't that be the greatest spell-a-bration of all?
他说得对 儿子 咱们回家
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表