马上进入全国拼写比赛第十一轮比赛的较量
We'll begin round 11 of the National Spelling Championship
稍事休息五分钟
after a five-minute intermission.
Freddie 你很棒 儿子 很棒
Freddie. You're doing great, son, great.
你一定会赢的
You've got it made,
尤其是那个亚洲小孩被淘汰了
especially since that Asian kid was eliminated.
他们才是你要留心的 - 爸爸 别搞这些成见
They're the ones you have to watch. - Dad, don't stereotype.
夸他们好都不行吗
Not even a positive one?
哦天 这个国家怎么了
Oh, jeez, what's happening in this country?
好吧
Well...
嗨 Freddie - 嗨 Amanda
Hi, Freddie. - Hi, Amanda.
别让她的计谋得逞 儿子
Don't let her distract you with her wiles, son.
只要你赢下比赛 女人有的是 对吧
There'll be plenty of women once you win this thing, all right?
你拼的最后一个词时有点摇摆不定
You were a little wobbly on that last word.
记着 只要是希腊词根的词
Just remember, when the root word is Greek,
发"呃"音的是字母Y
the "Uh" Sound is made with the letter Y.
迄今为止 所有偏门的词汇都是都是希腊词根
So far, all the sneaky ones have had Greek roots.
喔 你就可以带有成见
Oh, so it's okay for you to stereotype.
噢
Oh.
爸爸 我们已经演练过无数遍了 我可以的
Dad, we've gone over this a million times. I got it.
好吧 - 饮料从哪里拿的
All right. - Where'd you get the soda?
来吧 我带你去
Oh, come on, I'll show you.
嘿 你好啊 我是John Clayton - 哦 嗨
Hey, hi there. John Clayton. - Oh, hi.
我儿子是决赛选手之一 - 噢 很高兴认识你
My son is one of the finalists, ha, ha. - Oh, nice to meet you.
Frasier Crane Frederick的爸爸 - 噢
Frasier Crane. I'm Frederick's dad. - Yeah.
你儿子很会拼写啊 - 对啊 你儿子也是
You gotta great little speller there. - Aw, yeah, you too.
我猜第一次参赛吧
Yeah, first year I take it?
听着 给你点小建议
Look, let me give you a little advice.
留心某些家长 他们为了赢可是会不惜一切代价的
Watch out for some of the parents, they can be kind of cutthroat.
哦 好的 谢谢提醒
Oh, well, thanks for the tip.
不用谢 所以 你和Freddie
Yeah, no problem. So you and Freddie,
你们练的是寻常套路吗 词根 后缀 前缀
you working all the usual things: Roots, suffixes, prefixes?
是的 是的 那些都练 - 不错 不错
Yes, yes, all of that. - Good, good.
那有没有练态度 呼吸 耐力
How about attitude, breathing, endurance?
当然 当然 - 恩
Sure, sure. - Yeah.
耐力 - 再见
Endurance? - Excuse me.
Betsy Crane家的孩子输定了
Betsy, the Crane kid's got no legs.
好了 现在比赛继续
All right, we're ready to resume.
Amanda Abrams
Amanda Abrams.
Amanda 你的单词是"环境"
Amanda, your word is "Milieu."
环境 M-l-L-L-l-E-U 环境
Milieu. M-l-L-L-l-E-U. Milieu.
快了快了
Won't be long now.
41个单词以后
一语双叙法 S-Y-L-L-E-P-S-l-S 一语双叙法
Syllepsis. S-Y-L-L-E-P-S-l-S. Syllepsis.
Warren Clayton 回忆
Warren Clayton, resipiscence.
R-E-C-l-P-l-S-C-E-N-C-E 回忆
R-E-C-l-P-l-S-C-E-N-C-E. Resipiscence.
抱歉 错误
I'm sorry, that's incorrect.
如果Frederick Crane能答对最后一个单词
If Frederick Crane gets the next word
他就是全国冠军了
he will be the national champion.
Frederick 你的单词是"解释的"
Frederick, your word is "Hermeneutic."
呃 能告诉我是什么意思吗
Um, may I have a definition?
解释的或说明的
Interpretive or explanatory.
解释的
Hermeneutic.
H-E-R-M-E-N-E-U-T-l-C 解释的
H-E-R-M-E-N-E-U-T-l-C. Hermeneutic.
新一年的全国冠军诞生了
We have a new national champion.
Frederick Crane - 太棒了
Frederick Crane. - Wonderful.
太棒了 哈哈
So wonderful, ha, ha.
恭喜你 孩子
Congratulations, son.
事实上 字母Y并不那么友好
当你拼出最后一个词的时候
When you were spelling that last word,
我以为我的心脏病要犯了
I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.
恭喜Freddy
你不害怕吗 - 有一点 但后来就放松了
Weren't you scared? - A little, but then I relaxed.
拼字专用站姿起作用了
That is your spelling stance working for you.
弯一弯双膝 拼字不费力
Bend at the knees, spell with ease.
好 值得喝一杯
Well, this calls for a toast.
Freddie可以来一点
Is it all right if Freddie has a little
C-H-A-M-P-A-G-N-E(香槟)吗
C-H-A-M-P-A-G-N-E?
Daphne 他是全国拼字冠军
Daphne, he's the best speller in the country.
所以应该来点好的 - 是的 哈哈
So I should get the good stuff. - Yes, ha, ha.
你应该为自己感到自豪 Freddie
You should be very proud of your accomplishment, Freddie.
但也要保持清醒
Just keep it in perspective.
还有别忘了帮你拿到冠军的26个小伙伴哦
And don't forget the 26 little friends who got you here.
快过来 各位
Gather round, everybody.
娱乐体育频道马上要播放Freddie的采访片段了
Almost time for ESPN to air Freddie's interview.
没错
That's right.
呃 我不知道娱乐体育频道是哪个台
You know, I have no idea where ESPN is. Uh...
谢了 爸爸
Thanks, Dad.
我跟你说过那枚硬币会给他带来好运的
I told you that penny would bring him good luck.
其实 Roz 我没把硬币给他
Oh, well, actually, Roz, I never even gave it to him.
你看 Freddie刻苦努力 专心致志
You see, with all of Freddie's hard work and dedication,
又有我的英明教导
inspired coaching,
他不需要你的幸运符
he had no need for your superstitious talisman.
一点心意而已
Just a gesture.
我是说 这是我在铁轨上捡到的
I mean, I found it at the railroad tracks,
又不是在魔法森林里捡到的
not in some enchanted wood.
噢 好一个惊喜 请进
Oh, well, what a surprise. Please, uh, come in.
各位 这是拼字比赛的Bernard Gadston博士
Everyone, this is Dr. Bernard Gadston from the spelling bee.
噢 博士好
Oh, hi, doc.
你能来参加我们的欢庆会真的太好了
It's lovely of you to join us in our little celebration.
要吃点什么吗
Can I get you some refreshment?
很遗憾 我不是来庆祝的
Unfortunately, this is not a pleasure visit.
我必须要告诉你们有人控告比赛中存在作弊行为
I must inform you that there has been an accusation of cheating.
不是那个亚洲孩子
Not the Asian kid.
什么 我说不是那个亚洲孩子
What? I said not the Asian kid.
有人告诉我到底该怎么说吗
Would somebody tell me the rules?
好吧 无论是谁作弊
Well, whoever the culprit is, uh,
我们都不希望有人玷污这场神圣的比赛
we have no wish to soil this noble event
而且会提交正式抗♥议♥
by filing a formal protest.
尽管我们对比赛的结果很满意
We're certainly happy with the way things turned out.
恐怕被控告作弊的是Frederick
I'm afraid it's Frederick who has been accused of cheating.
什么
What?
我不知道你在开什么变♥态♥玩笑
I don't know what kind of sick joke you're playing
但我儿子绝不是会作弊的人
but my son is no cheater.
我也在现场 我什么都没看见
I was there. I didn't see anything.
好吧 但我们掌握了相反证据
Well, we have evidence to the contrary.
Clayton夫妇在逼Warren看录像带的时候
Mr. And Mrs. Clayton noticed an anomaly on the tape
发现了一点蹊跷之处
while they were making Warren watch it.
什么蹊跷
What sort of an anomaly?
很明显你在Frederick拼最后一个单词的时候
You were clearly mouthing the letters
做口型提醒啊 Crane医生
as Frederick spelled the last word, Dr. Crane.
我没有做过这种事 - 都被录下来了
I did no such thing. - We have it on the tape.
好吧 就算我做了 那也是无心之举
Well, if I did, it certainly wasn't a conscious act.
就像在音乐会上跟唱一样
It was like singing along at a concert.
你懂的 我还记得有一次被领座员责骂过
You know, I remember being admonished once by the ushers
因为我在<大地之歌♥>的
for joining in a particularly intense performance
高♥潮♥部分跟唱
of "Das Lied von der Erde."
Das Lied von der Erde <大地之歌♥> 交响乐套曲
但我根本没看他啊
But I wasn't even looking at him.
那就不要再让这件事更加复杂化了
Let's not make this any more painful than it already is.
委员会已经审阅了录像带
The committee has reviewed the tape and
并决定将冠军授予Warren Clayton
decided to award the trophy Warren Clayton.
什么 你不可以这么做 - 这太恶心了
What? You can't do that. - This stinks.
我想你们应该和我们一样 尽力避免丑闻
I'm sure you'd like to avoid embarrassment as much as we would,
所以我们将对外宣称
so we'll just say this was all
一切都是由于一个技术性失误
due to a technicality.
这样的话 Frederick依旧是地区赛冠军
That way Frederick can keep his regional title
也能来参加明晚为决赛选手准备的晚宴
and attend the banquet tomorrow night for the finalists.
这不公平
This isn't fair.
抱歉 孩子
I'm sorry, son.
我希望你能出席晚宴
I hope I'll see you at the dinner.
谢谢了 老爸
Thanks a lot, Dad.
应该把硬币给他吧
Should've given him the penny.
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表