Sorry to keep you waiting, Detective Beckett.
抱歉让你久等 贝克特探长
Not a problem, sir. You're a busy man.
没关系 长官 您很忙
Tell that to the Attorney General.
这话应该对司法部长说
He just had his first grandchild.
他刚刚添了第一个孙子
Now he wants to show me pictures.
正向我炫耀照片呢
So Agent Stack spoke very highly of you.
斯塔克探员对你赞誉有加
Smart, tenacious,
聪明 顽强
innovative thinker.
思路广阔
Said you were a good candidate for the opening
说你是司法部长办公室
on the A.G. Investigative team.
特别调查员的优秀人选
Well, I appreciate his confidence, sir.
我很感谢他的信任 长官
You don't agree?
你不这样想吗
No, sir. It's just that, um...
不 长官 只是
Well, I'm-- I'm a homicide detective.
我是凶案组探长
I-I don't have any federal experience.
我没有联邦案件的经验
The Attorney General's not looking for federal experience.
司法部长不需要有联邦案件经验的人
He wants people who can get the job done.
他要的是能完成任务的人
And from everything I've read,
据我看到的资料
that might be you.
你就有这能力
Well, that's very kind of you, sir.
多谢谬赞 长官
It's not kind.
这不是谬赞
It's what you believe to be true,
你也是这样认为的
isn't it?
不是吗
It's why you got on the plane this morning,
所以你今早才会坐飞机来
because given your background,
因为考虑到你的背景
your qualifications, and your track record,
你的资历 你的工作成绩
you know that you're headed for bigger things.
你知道你有更光明的前途
Just like you know that opportunities like this
你也知道 这样的机会
come along once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
一辈子只有一两次
But if that's not what you believe,
但如果你不是这么认为的
if you think that you're just a homicide cop...
如果你觉得你只是个凶案组警♥察♥
door's right over there.
门就在那边
No, sir. I know why I'm here.
不 长官 我知道我为什么来这里
Well, take a seat.
请坐
Let's get started.
我们开始吧
Dad, we need to talk.
爸 我们要谈谈
Which of these do you like better?
你更喜欢哪一个
Dad, I'm serious.
爸 我是认真的
I like the green one, but it kind of looks like
我喜欢绿色的 但看起来像是
a giant green lizard is attacking the city,
巨型绿色蜥蜴在攻击城市
which is cool, but it's not what the book is about.
这样很酷 但书里内容不是这个
So I either rewrite the book to make it about a giant lizard
要么我重写 把巨型蜥蜴写进去
Or Dad.
或者 爸
Magenta. You're right.
用洋红色 你是对的
It's classic, it's cool, it tells the story--
经典 酷 符合故事风格
Dad.
爸
What? Professor Rankowsky still hasn't received
什么 兰考斯基教授依然没收到
the check for my Costa Rica trip.
我去哥斯达黎加的费用支票
He didn't? That's so weird.
没有吗 真奇怪
You didn't send it, did you?
你没有寄给他 对吗
I'd--why--just why do you want to go study the rain forest
你为什么要去研究雨林
for six weeks anyway?
六个星期
Dad, we talked about this.
爸 我们说过了
I know, but you're gonna be staying
我知道 但你会待在
in the middle of a jungle,
丛林深处
miles away from the nearest phone,
距离最近的电♥话♥有几英里
hours from the nearest hospital.
距离最近的医院有几小时车程
You could be bitten by a poisonous spider
你可能会被毒蜘蛛咬
or a poisonous snake.
或是毒蛇咬
I looked it up.
我查过了
Toucans are extremely aggressive this time of year.
这个季节 巨嘴鸟特别具有攻击性
Is this about Paris?
是因为巴黎的事吗
I will admit to being...
鉴于最近发生的事
slightly overprotective in light of recent events.
我的确稍稍有点保护过度了
Dad, I can't stop living my life because of what happened.
爸 我不能因为那件事就不过日子了
And, yeah, I still have nightmares,
对 我依然做噩梦
but that's one of the reasons I want to go.
但这正是我想去的原因之一
I don't want to let fear win.
我不想输给恐惧
No.
不
No, of course. You're right. I'll...
当然 你是对的
I'll write the check.
我会写支票
But it's not gonna stop me from worrying about you
但我不会停止担心你
or missing you.
或是想你
And I wouldn't want you to.
我不希望你停止
But it's only six weeks.
只是六周而已
It's not like I'm going away forever.
我又不是要永远离开了
No, but it sounds like someone has.
不 但看起来有人永远离开了
Good to see ya.
你好
Hey, 'sito.
西托
Where's Beckett?
贝克特在哪里
How the hell should I know?
我怎么会知道
Aren't you two practically living together now?
你们不是都同居了吗
Ah, well, she left me alone for a couple of days
她有几天没来我家
so I could finish "Deadly Heat", which, by the way,
让我写完《致命希特》 顺便说下
is both deadly and hot, thank you very much for asking.
这本书既致命又性感 多谢你问起
I didn't.
我没问
Right.
是的
Hey. Sorry I'm late.
对不起 我迟了
Everything okay?
还好吗
Um... yeah, fine.
没事
So, um, what do we got?
什么情况
This way.
这边走
The Cedric's pretty typical.
西德克旅馆相当普通
No-star residential hotel.
无星公♥寓♥旅馆
Mostly transients and foreign tourists
住的人♥大♥多数是过客或外国游客
that don't know any better.
不熟悉旅馆情况
Guests started complaining of a strange colored water
住客投诉说 今早开始水管流出的水
and also a foul odor coming from the pipes this morning.
有颜色 而且一股恶臭
When maintenance finally checked it out,
维修工最终来检查时
they found her.
发现了她
Hey, Lanie.
蕾妮
Hey. So we've got a caucasian female.
死者是白人女性
Probably 20, 21 years old.
可能20或21岁
How'd she die?
死因呢
Not sure yet.
还不确定
There's evidence of blunt-force trauma to the head.
头部有钝器伤痕
But I won't know cause until I get her back to the morgue.
但到验尸房♥后才会知道死因
C.S.U. found traces of blood and hair
鉴证组在通风设备上
on that ventilation fan.
找到血迹与发丝
They're running it for a match.
他们在搜索匹配结果
So someone smashed her on the head
这么说有人砸了她的头
and then dumped her in the tank?
然后扔进了水缸吗
Uh, looks like it.
看起来是的
They found blood at the base of that ladder
梯子的底部与扶手上
and on the handrailing.
都有血迹
Also a bloody partial print.
还有部分血指纹
Who else had access to the roof?
谁还能够上天台
Pretty much anyone.
差不多所有人
The latch on the door has been busted for years,
门闩已经坏了几年了
and often, the residents will sneak up here for a smoke.
住客经常会上来抽烟
And what do we know about her?
死者的身份知道吗
Building manager identified her as a resident
旅馆经理确认她是一个住客
named Crystal Sky.
叫做克里斯托·斯凯
checked in 10 days ago to a room on the 18th floor.
十天前入住18楼的一个房♥间
Paid with cash.
用现金付的房♥费
Crystal Sky? That name's so fake,
克里斯托·斯凯 这个名字太假了
It sounds like something out of one of your books.
听起来像是你小说里的人物
Right?
说的是啊
Whoa. What--what--what is that supposed to mean?
慢着慢着 你这话什么意思
What do you mean, what is that supposed to mean?
得了吧 你没听懂吗
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表