剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
比赛即将开始
The match is about to begin!
我们在女装店的信用还非常不稳定
Our credit at the modiste, it is still rather precarious.
其实就是没有
As in, it is nonexistent.
小姐们可以直接
The young ladies will just have
穿她们穿过的衣服
to wear something they've worn before.
穿过的 妈妈 那我还不如不去
Before? Mama, I would rather not attend.
有人会穿她们穿过的衣服吗
Can one even wear a dress worn before?
不好意思 夫人
I beg your pardon, my lady,
但是我在这的事务还没有完全结束
but it seems my business here is not quite finished.
我非常想和汤普森小姐谈谈
I would very much like to speak to Miss Thompson.
我有个问题想问她
I have a question for her.
嫁给你
Marry you?
我不明白
I do not understand.
很显然 我哥哥夺取了你的...
After my brother clearly took liberties with your...
贞洁
virtue.
我仅仅是履行我的职责
I would merely be doing my duty.
体面的婚姻
A respectable marriage!
汤普森小姐
Miss Thompson!
这太好了
What a fine thing.
菲利普爵士继承了克兰家族的头衔
Sir Phillip inherited the Crane title.
他完全有足够的资产来养你
He has a perfectly adequate estate to support you
或许还能连带上你的远房♥亲戚一起
and perhaps your distant cousins too.
我不能答应
I cannot.
我不了解这个人
I do not know this man.
我不爱这个人
I do not love this man.
我不能和他结婚
I cannot marry this man.
乔治非常在乎你 汤普森小姐
George cared for you very much, Miss Thompson,
这一点永不会变
and that will never change,
但他一定也希望你能被好好的照顾
but he would have wanted you to be looked after.
他一定希望有人可以供养你
He would have wanted you to be supported.
请允许我帮哥哥实现他的遗愿
Allow me to realize my late brother's wishes.
谢谢你的提议 菲利普爵士
I thank you for your offer, Sir Phillip,
但是我想你现在该离开了
but I believe you should now take your leave.
好吧
Very well.
希望你一切安好 汤普森小姐
I wish you all the best, Miss Thompson.
你都做了什么
What have you done?
那是个非常合适的求婚
That was a perfectly acceptable proposal.
我已经没有孩子了 费瑟英顿夫人
I am no longer with child, Lady Featherington,
所以我既没必要也无需接受
so it is neither necessary, nor acceptable,
参与任何我不想要的安排
for me to participate in any more unwanted arrangements
亦或是虚伪的阴谋
or disingenuous schemes.
给点力 威尔
Come on, Will!
很好
Yes!
打他
Hit him!
把他击晕
Knock him out!
老天
Oh, my word!
让爷赚一笔
Make me some money!
你可以的
You can do this!
来啊 加油 野兽
Come on! Come on, The Beast!
没错 就这样
Yeah. Yeah.
很好
Yes!
很好
Yes!
站起来 蒙德里奇
Get up, Mondrich!
我赢了
I won!
我赢了
I won!
公爵夫人
Your Grace.
丹布里夫人
Lady Danbury.
你是不是忘了
Did you forget we were to come
我们要来帮你准备舞会
and help with preparations for your ball?
你妈妈正在客厅等你
Your mama is waiting in the parlor.
我稍等片刻就过去
I shall be there momentarily.
丹布里夫人
Lady Danbury?
你知道这些信吗
Did you know about these letters...
这些貌似是公爵小时候写给他父亲的信
the ones the duke seems to have written to his father as a boy?
我知道
I did.
显然 现在你也知道了
And now, apparently, so do you.
我不知道
I had no idea...
西蒙小时候有口吃
that Simon had trouble speaking as a child.
如果是你 你会怎么做
How could you have done?
他很努力地去克服困难
He worked so very hard to eliminate the difficulty.
他
He was...
他自尊心很强
Well, he was so very proud.
这也是他起初写这些信的原因
It is why he wrote those letters in the first place.
为了及时让父亲知道他的进步
To keep his father informed of his progress.
已故公爵甚至不屑于读这些信
The late duke never even deigned to read them.
他怎么可以
How could...
什么样的父亲
What kind of father--
一个不仅期望
One that not only expected
还要求起自己儿子完美无缺的父亲
but demanded perfection in his son.
而当事与愿违时
And when that was not achieved...
这个嘛
Well...
我就让你自行想象了
I shall leave it to you to imagine.
西蒙与他的父亲实在太大相径庭了
Simon could not be any more different from a man such as that.
当然了
Of course.
我们都知道这点 公爵夫人
We know that to be true, Your Grace.
你帮助了他
You helped him...
克服他的...
overcome his...
不足
impediment.
我只是让他知道了自己一直以来的能力
I merely showed him what he was capable of all along.
如果他需要鼓励
And if he needed some encouragement,
或偶尔的激励
a push from time to time,
那我很乐意提供
that was something I was happy to provide.
但说到底
But at the end of the day,
公爵的胜利全靠自己
the duke's triumph was his and his alone.
必须如此
It had to be.
看上去我似乎
It appears I could have used
今天能用些你的运气 公爵大人
that luck of yours today, Your Grace.
确实
Indeed.
但你还是上演了一出好戏
Though you still managed to put on quite a performance.
如果你需要其他投资者或更多钱 威尔
If you needed another investor or more money, Will,
你可以来找我
you could have come to me.
谢谢你的好意 朋友 但我不需要你的施舍
I appreciate the offer, friend, but I do not need your charity.
-那你的荣誉呢 -我的荣誉
- What happened to your honor? - My honor?
告诉我 公爵大人
Tell me, Your Grace,
这难道不是最体面的事吗
what ever could be more honorable
供养自己的家庭
besides taking care of one's family?
做该做的事情
Besides doing what needs to be done?
你想这样告诉爱丽丝吗
Is that what you hope to tell Alice?
你真以为这样她就能理解你的欺诈行为吗
You truly believe she will come to understand your deceit?
或许你不该担心我的婚姻
Perhaps you should stop worrying about my marriage,
而多操心下自己的婚姻
and instead put your mind to your own.
-与那无关 -无关吗
- That is not what this is about. - Is it not?
因为我愿意打赌你妻子会有异议
'Cause I'd be willing to wager your wife says differently.
别过分了
Watch yourself.
你很生气
You're angry,
但不是生我的气
but not with me.
所以去别的地方出气
So take it somewhere else
做点什么解决问题吧
and finally do something about it.
这是什么 更重要的是 你怎么拿到的
What is this? And more importantly, how did you get it?
-我得到了内部消息 -什么消息
- I had an inside tip. - What kind of tip?
-好消息 -但你从哪...
- The good kind. - But where did you--
这有关系吗 波茜娅 我们的问题解决了
Does it matter? Portia, our problems are solved.
而且这才是一半的赢钱
And this is only half the winnings.
-那另一半呢 -我用来答谢我的人了
- Where is the other half? - I used it to pay off my man.
无所谓 因为这已经足够了
No matter, because this is more than enough.
瓦利
Varley?
我们明天一早就去女装店
We're off to the modiste straight away in the morning.
小姐们还是能够买♥♥新裙子的
The young ladies shall have new dresses after all.
我以为你更喜欢在晨用起居室吃早餐
I thought you enjoyed breakfast in the morning room.
今天我想换个风景
I wished for different scenery today.
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表