剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
这一注会让你大赚一笔还是千金散尽
whether a wager will make a fortune or ruin it,
除非他选择一个更加稳妥的方式
unless one chooses a more secure pursuit.
但本次社交季尚未结束
But as the season continues,
最大的玩家还没有摊牌
the biggest gamblers have yet to truly show their hand...
这就导致了近期八卦短缺
which leaves gossip in short supply in recent days.
实际上 笔者没有想到
In fact, this author can think
任何值得一提的事
of no other event that merits a mention.
"没什么事"
"No other event."
但我的午宴呢
But my luncheon.
至少她没有说什么恶毒的话
At least she did not say anything odious.
这更糟糕
It is far worse.
她什么也没报道
She wrote nothing.
微声到夫人社交小报
然而 确实值得注意的是
It is worthy of note, however,
黑斯廷斯公爵夫妇
that the Duke and Duchess of Hastings
还没有一同招待过客人
have yet to entertain callers together.
毫无疑问 我们的这对新人仍在
Our newlyweds are no doubt still secluded
花烛之喜中
in nuptial bliss.
谁会指责他们呢
Who could fault them?
如果他们正努力
And who could be surprised
在今年内迎接新生命
if their diligent efforts are rewarded
谁又会感到惊讶呢
with a new arrival within the year?
过去 微声到夫人以往的爆料
In the past, every Whistledown revelation
都是来源于公众活动
appeared to be plucked from a public event,
在那里任何人都可能是目击者
where any of our town could have borne witness.
但这次针对玛丽娜的文章不太一样
But the column that singled out Marina was different.
这是私密的
It was personal.
你妈妈不是一个人
Your mama did not just help Marina
帮玛丽娜掩饰她的状况的
hide her condition all on her own.
当然不是 家里所有佣人都知道
Of course not. Every servant in our household knew.
不太可能是佣人
A servant is unlikely.
不过 或许是个商人
Though, perhaps a tradesperson.
一个定期要来拜访你们家的人
Someone who visited your household regularly
她或许看到或是偷听到了什么
might have seen or overheard something.
是有可能
It is a possibility.
这样的话 我们得重新考虑
In that case, we must reconsider
我们的调查方法了
our methods of inquiry to this end.
这太棒了 小佩 我得去告诉女王我们的新推测
This is wonderful, Pen. I must tell the queen of our new theory.
那你在今晚的音乐会上告诉她
Then tell her at tonight's concert.
我知道你还没有亮相过
I know you are not yet out,
但是我相信你妈妈会同意你参加的
but I am sure your mama would still allow you to attend.
一旦我们发现微声到是谁
Once we unmask Whistledown--
是 是 费瑟英顿家的名誉就可以重塑
Yes, yes, the Featherington honor will be restored.
我得回家了
I must return home.
我最好走后门 这样没人能发现我
I shall take the back stairs so no one will see me.
对了 小埃
And, El?
谢谢你
Thank you.
我已经给兰厄姆将军写过信了
I wrote to General Langham,
我把所有乔治爵士的事都告诉了他
and I have told him all about Sir George.
如果他是一个有信誉的人
If he is a man of honor--
-你给将军写信了 -是的
- You wrote to the general? - Yes.
那公爵他是否也在信上签名了
And did the duke sign his name as well on this letter?
这个嘛
Well...
没有
no.
但是
But--
玛丽娜 怎么了
Marina, what is it?
将军不会费心
The general will not concern himself
给你回信的 公爵夫人
to write back to you, Your Grace.
你怎么知道不会
You do not know that.
他会重视公爵夫人的话
He will pay attention to the words of a duchess.
他一定会
He must.
你怎么如此天真
Are you so unworldly?
我 抱歉
I... I'm sorry. I...
我很感激你帮我
Your help is greatly appreciated,
但是你再做什么也无济于事了
but there is nothing more you can do.
-玛丽娜 -结束了
- Marina- - It is over.
我已经接受现实了
I have already accepted the fact.
谢谢你的努力
Thank you for your efforts.
-不去音乐会 -是的
- Missing the concert? - Indeed.
今晚我对音乐和丽人都没什么兴趣
Not exactly in the mood for music and finery this evening.
我想向你道歉
I want to apologize.
街上闹蝗灾了吗 还是血染了泰晤士河
Are there locusts in the streets? Blood in the Thames?
末日降临了吗
Are the end of days upon us already?
我最近可能对你有些严厉
I may have been a trifle harsh with you.
我很抱歉
And I'm sorry.
你只是想要保护我 以免我做
You merely wished to protect me from my more...
更多的蠢事
foolish impulses.
所以你现在承认你像个蠢蛋一样了吗
So you admit it now, you were acting a fool?
-你这道歉可真新奇 -闭嘴吧
- As apologies go, this is certainly novel. - Hush, you.
你现在会很痛苦 不过这都会过去
You may hurt now, but the pain will pass.
我们全家人都很爱你
You have the love of all your family
你的行为也很有信誉
and the honor of your actions.
不久你就会忘记汤普森小姐 一切也会
Soon you will forget Miss Thompson's name, and it will--
也会像你从没爱过她一样
It will be as if you never loved her at all.
那这些箴言帮到你了吗
And how have these precepts served you?
除了让你变得抑郁 烦恼
Aside from being the most dismal, troubling ones
你的事我早有耳闻
I've heard in quite some time.
这肯定不是一蹴而就
It's a working progress, to be sure.
我很意外听说
I suppose I was surprised to hear
你今晚想跟我们一起去
you wished to join us this evening.
我想我要感谢您
And I suppose I must be grateful
克制住了给我用羽毛的想法
for your restraint in not using any feathers.
你看上去很美
You look lovely.
埃洛伊丝
Eloise...
进入社交圈应该是
Taking your place in society should be
年轻女人生活中的一个兴奋时刻
an exciting time in a young woman's life.
如果你真的没准备好 我不会让你演戏
If you are not truly ready, I shall not ask you to play pretend.
或许是我一直在催你
Perhaps I have been rushing you.
我们无需在你没准备好前 催促你进入社交圈
We need not hasten your coming out before you feel prepared.
女王会参见
The queen will be in attendance
今晚的音乐会 对吧
at tonight's concert, will she not?
我想是的
I believe she will.
那我非常期待去
Then I am looking forward to it.
确实是令人兴奋的时刻 妈妈
An exciting time indeed, Mama.
你准备好了吗
Are you ready?
是的
I am.
失陪
Excuse me.
格兰维尔先生
Sir Granville.
布里奇顿
Bridgerton.
抱歉
Sorry.
失陪
Excuse us.
我只是想理解一下你的...
I would simply like to understand your...
状况
situation.
-我只想理解 -很简单
- I would just like to understand. - It is simple.
我爱上了韦瑟比勋爵
I am in love with Lord Wetherby.
但你结婚了
You're married.
我们的婚姻给予了我妻子自♥由♥和保护
And our marriage affords my wife her freedoms and protections.
我向你保证
It is a happier union
我们的婚姻比在场大多数人都要幸福
than most of the people in this room have, I assure you.
那这对韦瑟比勋爵正在追求的
What is the advantage for the young ladies
那些年轻女士有什么好处吗
Lord Wetherby is courting?
她们也知道这件事吗
Do they also share this understanding?
那荣誉呢 浪漫呢
What about honor? Romance?
关于这些你又知道什么呢
What would you know of either?
我们每天都生活在危险之中 布里奇顿
We live under constant threat of danger, Bridgerton.
我每天都为爱冒生命危险
I risk my life every day for love.
你不知道这是什么感受
You have no idea what it is like
与一个无法厮守终身的人共处一室
to be in a room with someone you cannot live without...
却依然感觉你们之间隔着汪♥洋♥大海
and yet still feel as though you are oceans apart.
偷偷♥窥♥探 掩饰触碰
Stealing your glances, disguising your touches.
我们都不能对彼此微笑
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表