剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
Do you think your husband might be able to assist me?
你只能自己问问他了
You will have to ask that of him yourself.
-他很少回家 -真遗憾
- He is so rarely at home. - I am so sorry.
有什么可遗憾的
Whatever for?
其实和丈夫分开生活
It is quite the ideal situation
是很理想的状态
to live a separate life to one's husband.
我能享受婚姻带来的所有自♥由♥
I am afforded all the freedoms of marriage
也不用承受和他一同生活的负担
while bearing none of the burden of his company.
那你的孩子呢
Well, what of your children?
他们不想念父亲吗
Do they not miss their father?
从不了解 谈何想念
It's difficult to miss someone you've never known.
你忘了公爵夫人才新婚不久
You forget the duchess is still in the first bloom of marriage.
是啊 家喻户晓的爱侣
Yes, the famous love match.
别在意我的话
Pay me no heed.
我敢肯定 公爵的陪伴对你绝非累赘
The duke's company, I am sure, is anything but a burden to you.
我能告诉你写信到哪 给我丈夫
I can tell you where to write. My husband.
或许将军会给你一个答复
Perhaps the general will grant you a response.
你又不是他妻子
It is not as if you are his wife.
公爵夫人 你又赢了
Duchess, you win again!
看到您使自己快乐
Seeing how you entertain yourself,
我觉得您才是赢家 丹布里夫人
I rather think you the victor, Lady Danbury.
我也这么觉得
I rather think so too.
再来一局
Again.
颜色不错
It's a fine color.
还有泡沫
And the bubbles...
恰到好处
Just right.
别误会 我爱喝白兰地
Don't get me wrong. I love a good brandy.
但有时只有啤酒才称心
But sometimes, nothing'll do but a beer.
你能不能直入主题
Would you just get to the point?
恐怕我不知道你在说什么
I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.
不 你知道
Yes, you do.
你说得对 我知道
You're correct. I do.
就像我知道很明显
Just like I know that you've obviously
你对我妹妹犯下了大错
made a considerable error with my sister.
我能不能问问 你是怎么推断出
How, may I ask, could you infer that
我是犯错的那个
I was the one to make the error?
我很了解我妹妹
Well, I know my sister quite well.
她是个非常能干的女人
And while she is an unusually capable woman,
但她的能力不是把事情搞得一塌糊涂
she is not capable of fucking up this severely.
你不累吗 一直假装这么完美
Do you not ever get tired of pretending to be so perfect?
看着你就够累了
It's exhausting just watching you.
我们可能不完美
We may not be perfect,
但至少会遵守自己的承诺
but at least we keep our promises.
你对我的承诺一无所知
You know nothing of my commitments.
我在努力当个守信之人
I am trying to be a man of my word.
我在努力遵守
I'm trying to keep--
我不指望你理解
I would not expect you to understand.
那是什么意思
What do you mean by that?
我的意思是你所到之处
I mean that you leave a litany of broken promises
都留下一连串破碎的诺言
behind you everywhere you go.
你保护达芙妮远离奈杰尔·巴布鲁克的责任
Your duty to protect Daphne from Nigel Berbrooke?
还有你自己乱来的事
Or what about your own reckless affairs,
你还在私会那个歌♥女吗
are you still seeing that opera singer
还自以为没人知道
you believe no one knows about?
你看不起我
You judge me,
但你不可能理解
yet you cannot possibly understand
一家之主的责任
the responsibility of heading a family,
因为你从未有过
because you've never had one.
但达芙妮现在是我的家人了
But Daphne is my family now,
这一点无可改变
and there is no changing that.
不过很遗憾我永远也不可能成为
Though it is most unfortunate that I shall never quite reach
你表现的那种"理想典范"
the lofty ideal you have demonstrated.
最遗憾的是你父亲的缺席
What is most unfortunate is the fact that your father was so absent,
他从未言传身教过真正一家之主的样子
he never gave you a proper example of how to lead a household.
你确实让那显得很艰难
Well, you certainly make it look difficult.
-你说什么 -你持续不断的挣扎
- I beg your pardon? - With your constant struggles.
-你应付不了 不是吗 -黑斯廷斯
- You cannot manage it, can you? - Hastings--
你的责任
Your responsibility.
你要实现每个长子
You, fulfilling the promise
在父亲弥留之际许下的承诺
that every firstborn son makes to his father before he dies.
你觉得他在天之灵正看着你吗
Do you think he is looking down on you now,
无地自容
ashamed?
为你做的事羞愧不已
Mortified at what you have done?
我在想前子爵会怎么想
I wonder, what would the former viscount say?
冷静点
Calm down!
我和威尔训练时好像过于粗暴了
It seems I became a little too rough training with Will.
-我要叫杰弗里斯吗 -不用了
- Shall I call for Jeffries? - No.
让我来吧
Let me.
我有四个兄弟 你想象不到这些年来
With four brothers, you cannot imagine the nasty cuts
我处理了多少严重的伤口
I have tended to over the years.
你为什么不对我袒露真心呢
Why will you not unfold yourself to me?
达芙妮
Daphne...
孩子会是上天的恩赐
A child would be a blessing.
告诉我你为什么这么坚决
Tell me why you are so adamant.
因为很久之前我发誓永不生子
Because I swore a long time ago that I would never sire a child.
我不明白
I do not understand.
我父亲
My father...
在乎黑斯廷斯血统的延续
cared more about the continuation of the Hastings line...
胜过世间一切
than anything in the world.
胜过我母亲
More than my mother.
胜过我
More than me.
所以我发誓
And so I made a vow
要让他的努力付之东流
that his efforts would be in vain...
要让家族血脉在我这里终结
that the line would die with me.
所以这全都是
So this is all...
因为一个誓言
because of a vow?
你也向我发誓了
You made a vow to me too.
还是说你已经把婚礼抛诸脑后了
Or has our wedding day slipped your mind?
我告诉过你
I told you--
你告诉我你无法有孩子
You told me that you could not have children.
你没告诉我这是某种复仇的象征
You did not tell me it was some-- some token of revenge
报复一个已经离世的人
against a man who no longer walks this earth.
我在他临终之际发誓了
I swore to him on his deathbed.
你也在新婚之际背叛了我
And you betrayed me in our marriage bed.
让我确认自己明白了
Let me be certain I understand.
你既不要孩子
You will neither have children,
也不要我们可以拥有的幸福
nor the happiness we could have together,
因为你对你父亲承诺了不会生子
because you promised your father you would not?
我
I...
说啊
Say it.
说啊
Say it.
已经覆水难收了
It cannot be undone.
那我谢谢你的澄清 公爵大人
Then I thank you for your elucidation, Your Grace.
如果你对父亲的憎恨
If your hatred for your father
远超你对我可能抱有的任何爱意
outweighs any affection that you might bear towards me...
那你说得对
then you are right.
确实覆水难收了
It cannot be undone.
再过几天 我的月事就该来了
My courses are due within the next few days.
到时候你就会知道你打破了哪些誓言
You will know then which vow you have broken,
也会知道我们将如何度过余生
and how we are to spend the rest of our lives,
痛苦地生活在一起
miserable together...
还是各自安好
or perfectly happy apart.
亲爱的读者们 请回答这个问题
Dearest reader, a question.
有什么比赌博更让人兴奋吗
Is anything more exhilarating than taking a gamble?
毕竟 常常是冒最高的风险
For it is often the highest risk
才会有最大的回报
that carries the greatest reward.
不过 如果下错了注
Yet, wager wrongly,
你可能将一无所有 只剩悔恨
and you might find yourself left with nothing but regret.
-确保它邮寄到这个地址 -好的 夫人
- Ensure it is delivered to this address. - Yes, Your Grace.
当然 没人能保证
Of course, one can never know for sure
费瑟英顿勋爵
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表