剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
I misjudged you, and I wanted to tell you
你之前认为你必须做的事...
that what you felt you had to do...
我能理解
I understand.
我真希望事情不像现在这样
I wish it had not happened this way.
不只是你这么希望
You are certainly not the only one.
乔治是一名士兵
George was a soldier...
但他同样温柔善良
but he was also gentle and kind.
他非常完美
He was perfect.
我以为自己坠入了爱河
I fancied myself in love.
后来我发现我月事停了
The next thing I knew, my courses stopped,
接着我发现自己怀孕了 还有...
and I found myself with child, and...
独身一人
and alone.
乔治爵士姓什么
What is Sir George's surname?
或者你知道他驻扎在哪吗 他的团在哪
Or do you know where he is stationed, his regiment?
问这个干什么 公爵夫人
Whatever for, Your Grace?
我听说兰厄姆将军和他的妻子恰好在伦敦
I hear General Langham and his wife are in London.
或许我能和他或她谈谈 然后...
Perhaps I could speak to him or her and have...
找到乔治爵士
have Sir George found.
那有什么用
What use would that be?
乔治不想和我在一起
George does not want to be with me.
但你真想孤身一人吗
But do you really want to be alone?
没有地位 没有保障
No rank, no protection,
没人供养你和你的孩子
no support for you or your child.
什么都比那强吧
Surely anything is better than that.
为什么让他来选择你的未来
Why should he be the one to choose your future
很显然 他并不在乎后果
when he clearly cares not for the outcome?
他才是做错事的人
He is at fault here.
或许我能让他回来...
Perhaps I can make him come back...
对你和他的孩子负起责任
and take responsibility for you and his child.
为什么他犯下的错
Why should you be left all alone
要让你一个人承担
to bear the punishment for his crime?
你确定你能做到吗
You truly think you can do this?
我向你保证 汤普森小姐
I assure you, Miss Thompson.
我能做的比你想象的更多
I am quite capable of doing more than you think.
铁拳王威尔·蒙德里奇对野兽雷·皮尔森
年度拳击盛宴
我打败过最厉害的拳手
I have defeated the best,
我相信胜利还将继续
and I'm confident I shall continue to do so.
人们喜欢看我在台上的表现
There is an appetite for my exhibitions,
但这笔花销不小 所以我
but they are expensive, which is why--
我并不是来资助你
I am not here to invest.
我有一个能赚更多钱的建议
I have a more lucrative proposition in mind.
比如 我们就你下一场比赛的结果
Say, for you and I to come to some arrangement
能达成共识的话
as to the outcome of your next fight?
很抱歉耽误您的时间了 大人
I'm sorry to have taken your time, my lord,
但我想您最好现在离开这里
but I think you would be wise to leave.
我想你最好听清楚
And you'd be wise to listen.
你是愿意将筹码全押在
Would you rather stake your fortunes
一项很可能失败的商业计划上
on the outcome of a business scheme,
还是选择押在你能确定的事情上
which may very well fail, or back the sure thing?
你若同意输掉下一场比赛
You agree to throw your next match
我会为你的对手下注
and I will make such a wager on your opponent
我赢得的钱即使分你一半
that even half my winnings
也够你一家过上更好的生活
will set you and your family up for life.
我的荣誉 绝不出♥售♥
My honor is not for sale.
你的赞助者减少是有原因的
There is a reason your backers are dwindling,
蒙德里奇先生
Mr. Mondrich.
你是个演员 供人娱乐消遣而已
You're a performer, a mere entertainment.
我们很乐意为你的拳击赛下注
We are happy to trade wages on the outcome of your fists,
但没有任何一位绅士会将你
but no gentleman will ever see you
视作受人尊敬的生意对象
as a respectable man of business.
我知道你很有斗志
I know you have a fighting spirit
毋庸置疑遗传自你父亲
passed down by your father, no doubt.
他曾是一名军人 对吧
He was a soldier, yeah?
在邓莫尔麾下服役后逃离了殖民地
Managed to flee the colonies after serving in Dunmore's regiment.
你认为他追求自♥由♥是为了
Do you think he sought his freedom
让儿子成为一名精疲力竭的拳击手吗
all for his future son to become some exhausted fighter,
从拳击台蹒跚走下 只为给家人养家糊口吗
stumbling into the ring to put food on the table for his family?
不许再提我的家人
Do not dare speak of my family.
当然
Of course.
我 我道歉
I, I apologize.
我只是想告诉你
I only mean to say, I
我也是为了自己的家人才这样做
I'm doing this for my family too.
听着 只需要一场交易
Look, one simple arrangement,
能解决两个家庭的难题
and both our problems will be solved.
我只是希望你能至少
I merely ask that you have a think on it
再考虑考虑
at the very least.
自您回来后 邀请函铺天盖地而来
The ton has been desperate for you since you returned.
人们都急切地想见见您
We've been drowning in calling cards.
丹伯里夫人请您参加她周四举办的聚会
Lady Danbury requires your attendance at her party on Thursday.
一群已婚女士的聚会
A collection of married ladies.
完全能想象出她们会问些什么问题
I can only imagine the questions they will have for me.
那我去回绝她的仆人
I shall inform her footman that
就说您旅途疲乏 需要休息
you are not feeling well from the travel.
-公爵大人 -公爵夫人
- Your Grace. - Your Grace.
你觉得将军夫人
Do you suppose the general's wife will be
会出席丹伯里夫人的聚会吗
in attendance at Lady Danbury's soiree?
兰厄姆太太
Mrs. Langham?
听说她挺喜欢上流社会
I heard she enjoys society.
那就回复
Then send word back.
说我很乐意参加
I would love to attend.
公爵夫人
Your Grace.
欢迎来到我的恶之巢
Welcome to my den of iniquity.
我想您已经认识乔布瑞奇夫人了 公爵夫人
I believe you already know Lady Trowbridge, Your Grace,
但你见过露茜·格兰维尔吗
but have you met Lucy Granville?
这位是凯蒂·兰厄姆
And this is Kitty Langham.
将军夫人 当然
The general's wife, yes.
很高兴认识你们
Well, lovely to meet you all.
别光站着了
Well, do not just stare.
快给公爵夫人发牌
Deal the duchess in.
我们会教你规则的
We shall teach you the rules.
首先一位女士宣读结婚词
First, a woman takes her wedding vows,
然后我们就赌她的美德
then we gamblers take her virtue.
如果她丈夫还给留下一些的话
If her husband has left any to be taken.
别害怕
Have no fear.
每轮庄家会翻一张牌
Each turn, all you have to do
你只需将筹码
is set your token on the card
放在你认为的那张牌上就行
you believe the dealer will turn over.
女士们 请下注吧
Now, ladies, place your bets.
来点酒也许能让你忘记输钱的痛苦
Takes away the sting of losing, I rather think.
公爵夫人学东西很快
The duchess is a quick study.
我相信她要不了多久就能学会
I'm sure she will have the measure of things in no time.
只需要一些练习和坚持
All it takes is a little practice and perseverance.
晚上好 公爵大人
Evening, Your Grace.
没想到能在这儿碰见你
It's funny meeting you here.
我也没想到
I am utterly comical.
-你一直在躲着我 -你在说笑吗
- You've been avoiding me. - Now you are being the jester.
如果你不是躲着我
If you're not avoiding my company,
那一定不介意我和你喝一杯吧
you won't mind if I join you for a drink?
-我需要一个大点的玻璃杯 -好的 先生
- I shall need a large glass. - Yes, sir.
伯爵若是知道我输了多少
The earl would have my head
一定会要了我的命的
if he knew how much money I have lost.
伯爵只不过是个两岁的孩子
The earl is but two years old.
那我可真幸运 不是吗
Well, then, I'm in luck, am I not?
看起来我新人手壮
Seems I have been blessed with some beginner's luck.
游戏还没结束呢 公爵夫人
The game is not over yet, Your Grace.
兰厄姆太太 我在想
I wonder, Mrs. Langham
请叫我"凯蒂"
"Kitty," please.
你赢了我这么多钱 这样称呼就可以了
You have won so much of my money, it is only right.
凯蒂
Kitty, then.
我想帮一位朋友找一名军人
There is a soldier in service I am hoping to find for a friend.
你认为你丈夫愿意帮忙吗
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表