剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
亲爱的读者
Dearest gentle reader,
我必须恭贺
I must send felicitations
新晋黑斯廷斯公爵大人和公爵夫人
to the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings.
恭喜他们开启了年轻夫妇生活中
Congratulations and stamina as they embark
最令人振奋 最耗费耐力的时刻
on the most exhilarating time in a young couple's life.
当然 我说的是蜜月期
I am, of course, talking of the honeymoon.
还有比这更浪漫的吗
Is there a more romantic notion?
-一同离开社交圈 -早上好
- To retreat from society together... - Good morning.
-终于逃离了众人的目光 -早上好
- ...finally leaving watchful eyes behind. - Good morning.
欢迎回到克莱维登 公爵大人
Welcome to Clyvedon, Your Grace.
久违了公爵
It has been so long
您好久都没有回家了
since we have been blessed with your presence,
但我相信您会发现一切都如您所好
but I trust you will find everything to your liking.
我丝毫不怀疑 科尔森太太 我希望你一切都好
I do not doubt it, Mrs. Colson. I hope you have been well.
请允许我介绍黑斯廷斯公爵夫人
May I introduce to you the Duchess of Hastings?
我很期待与你好好相处 科尔森太太
I am looking forward to making your acquaintance, Mrs. Colson.
谢谢 公爵夫人
Thank you, Your Grace.
我安排了一些活动 为了让您感到舒适
I have planned everything to make you both comfortable.
首先 在露台上享用简餐
First, a light meal, served on the terrace.
然后带您去看看我对庄园的改善 之后...
Then a tour to show you all the improvements I have made. Then--
我相信那一定很有趣 科尔森太太
I am sure it will be most diverting, Mrs. Colson,
但恐怕你的计划要等等了
but I am afraid it will have to wait.
我已经给新娘做了安排
I have plans of my own for my new bride.
我想让你看看卧室
I want to show you the bedroom.
你的还是我的
Yours or mine?
你不会真以为我们要睡不同的房♥间吧
You truly believe we are to have separate rooms?
我想不是
I should think not.
别闹 他们会看见
Stop! They shall see!
那他们该怎么想啊
Whatever will they think?
有什么关系吗
Does it matter?
与此同时 笔者和其他人一样
While this author, along with the rest of the ton,
会在伦敦想念这对最被人津津乐道的夫妇
will certainly miss its most-remarked-upon couple back in London,
或许能给我们慰藉的
perhaps we might find solace
就是期盼着公爵和公爵夫人
in the promise of the duke and duchess
能带着惊喜回到我们中间
returning to us bearing a surprise.
不知道达芙妮现在正在干什么
I wonder what Daphne is doing at this very moment.
我想她作为公爵夫人肯定有很多职责
I am sure she has many new duties to attend to as duchess,
你该学学新东西 为初次亮相做准备了
new things you should be learning for your debut.
矫揉造作地聊天 即使有男人
Making simpering conversation, pretending not to wince
在跳华尔兹时踩到我的脚 也要面不改色
every time a man treads on my toes during a waltz?
-埃洛伊丝 -我不擅长那些
- Eloise! - I'm no good at those things.
我只会出丑
I'll only make a fool of myself.
或许如果你像热衷写作那样
Well, perhaps if you devoted as much time to your deportment lessons
多花时间上礼仪课
as you did to writing in your journal,
你会感觉好很多
you might feel rather better.
说起这个 为了准备你的出圈季
And on that subject, in preparation for your season,
我们该在家让你穿更短的裙子了
it is high time we lowered your skirts to wear at home.
我没时间去女装店
I have no time for a visit to the modiste.
我很忙
I am busy.
女王本人派我
The queen herself has charged me
查明微声到的真实身份
with discovering Whistledown's identity.
你不会让我违背女王陛下吧 对吗
You would not have me cross Her Majesty, would you?
劳烦各位往这边看
May I have everyone's attention?
我想做一个虽小 但重要的宣布
I would like to make a small but important announcement.
我很高兴告知各位
I have happy news to impart.
我向玛丽娜·汤普森小姐求婚了
I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife,
她也答应了
and she has accepted.
祝贺
Congratulations!
干得漂亮 先生
Bravo, sir!
你知道这事吗
Did you know about this?
大家都在看 亲爱的
People are looking, dear.
祝贺这对幸福的夫妇
Congratulate the happy couple.
你几乎不了解她 你到底在想什么
You barely know the young lady. What on earth were you thinking?
我想的就是你会有这种反应
I was thinking you'd respond like this
而我一点也不想听你说
and how little I would care to hear.
你觉得这是个笑话吗 可怜的母亲都失态了
Do you think this is a joke? Poor Mother was beside herself.
我觉得母亲看着很开心 她祝贺了我们
Mother seems perfectly happy to me. She congratulated us.
你玷污了这位女士吗
So, you compromised this young lady?
-当然没有 我是个绅士 -那你为什么
- Certainly not. I am a gentleman. - Then why ever would you--
其他人为什么结婚 哥哥
Why does anyone marry, brother?
当然是为了爱
For love, of course.
听着 我知道你还青涩 这是我的错
Look, I know you are still rather green, and that is my fault.
你从伊顿公学毕业回来后 我就该带你去妓院
I should've taken you to brothels when you returned from Eton.
如果这是关于到你的个人需求
If this is a matter of wetting your wick--
你真是混♥蛋♥ 你知道吗
You are an ass. Do you know that?
这就是年轻时不多采采野花的后果
This is what comes of not sowing your wild oats.
向你看到的第一个小妞求婚
Proposing to the first chit you set your cap at.
够了
Enough!
你侮辱了我和我的打算
You insult me and you insult my intended.
你无法与人产生感情
It is not my fault, nor Marina's,
这既不是我的错 也不是玛丽娜的错
that you cannot fathom true attachment.
-你还是个孩子 科林 -我比达芙妮年长
- You are still a child, Colin. - I'm older than Daphne.
-你很乐意把她嫁出去 -那不一样 你知道的
- You were happy to marry her off. - It is not the same, and you know it.
-我认为没什么不同 -那你就太天真了
- I know nothing of the sort. - Then you betray your immaturity!
如果我今天让母亲难过了 我很抱歉
If I caused Mother discomfort today, I am sorry for it.
我会向她道歉
I shall speak with her.
事实是 我不需要
The truth is, I do not require
你的允许去娶汤普森小姐
your permission to marry Miss Thompson...
但我很希望能得到你的祝福
but I would very much prefer to have your blessing.
那恐怕我必须要让你失望了
Then I am afraid I must disappoint you.
是的
You have...
在很多方面都是
in more ways than one.
布里奇顿
第一季 第六集
我现在知道为什么
I believe I now know the reason
镇上所有的母亲都不让自己的女儿知道
why every mama of the ton keeps her daughter in total darkness
这种...消遣方式了
about certain... diversions.
真的吗
Do you?
如果她们告诉我们真实情况
Should they have told us what it was truly like,
那我们还怎么能干好其他事呢
however would we get anything else done at all?
我必须得走了
I must go.
如果我要成为这里的公爵夫人
If I am to be duchess of all of this,
我必须开始了解这里的情况
I must start learning the lie of the land.
你已经是这里的公爵夫人了
You are already duchess of all this.
我也很期待
And I look forward
更进一步探索某一处的情况...
to exploring that particular land further...
晚点再说
Later.
西蒙
Simon!
你明明说公爵领地很吓人
You said the duchy was most intimidating.
为什么不留下当这个房♥间的主人就好
Why not stay and lord it over this room?
你也许会发现这里更刺♥激♥
You may find it a bit more titillating.
我毫不怀疑
I do not doubt it.
但我觉得如果不让科尔森太太带我转转
But I suspect Mrs. Colson shall always resent me
她会一直生我的气
if I do not take her tour.
那就让她气着
Then let her resent.
我可不能做那种事
I shall do nothing of the sort.
我母亲教导我 夫人离了管家寸步难行
My mother told me a lady is nothing without her housekeeper.
我必须给她留下好印象
I must make a good impression,
不然这里的一切都没法顺利进行
or nothing in this house shall run smoothly.
那就祝你好运吧
Then I wish you well.
-公爵大人 -公爵夫人
- Your Grace. - Your Grace.
书房♥已经准备好供您工作了 公爵大人
I have prepared the study for you to work, Your Grace.
杰弗里斯 我还在度蜜月
Jeffries, I am on my honeymoon.
管家的记录有点乱
The steward has left the records in some disarray.
我理不清庄园的账目
I cannot make head nor tail of the estate's accounting,
另外还有些佃户来信
and there are several letters from farm tenants
请求公爵大人的大驾光临
begging an audience with Your Grace.
好吧
Very well!
如果必须得去的话
If I must.
城♥堡♥是1706年为海军上将托马斯修建的
The castle was built in 1706 for Admiral Thomas,
是安妮王后御赐的礼物
a gift from Her Majesty Queen Anne--
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表