剧集 | 球手们 | 导航列表
Eddie, hey. Uh, do you mind if we have a word?
进去吧 两位
Go in, guys.
你是新秀吗
Uh, you a new rookie?
是啊 没错 我是
Yeah, yeah. Yeah, that's right. That's me.
乔·库特尔 阿♥拉♥巴马大学全明星左截锋
Joe Krutel, all-American left tackle at Alabama.
-红潮滚滚 -红潮滚滚
- Roll Tide! - Roll Tide!
-你有什么事吗 -其实 不是我的事
- How can I help you, man? - Well, not me, actually.
-是我朋友 -真实还是想象的朋友
- It's my friend. - Real or imaginary?
真实的 没错
Real. Yeah.
我有真实的朋友 是斯宾塞
I got a real friend. Um, it's Spencer.
我就是招他进安德森理财的人
I'm the guy that hired him at ASM.
你就是让他走到这步的狗逼
So, you're the motherfucker that got him to this point.
我就是那个狗逼
I'm that motherfucker.
但斯宾塞和我终于步入了正轨
But Spencer and I finally got our shit together.
-埃德华 -你好 杰
- Edward! - What's up, Jay?
你好 兄弟 乔
What's up, bawg? Joe!
-你的乳环今天怎么样了 -操♥你♥妈♥的
- How's that nipple ring feeling today? - Ah! You fuck!
好吧 我们还在步入正轨的路上
Okay, we're in the process of getting our shit together.
但我真的想让你知道
But I really wanted you to know
当斯宾塞走进我办公室时
that Spencer's not the same guy he was
他不再是原来那样了
when he walked into my office.
你利用他接触球员们
You used him to get access to the players.
是 一开始当然是这样
Yeah, of course I did. At first.
然后我们的关系改变了
But then it turned into something different,
变得单纯
something pure.
我看着他从一个小隔间 一步步走到办公室
I watched him work his way up from a cubicle to a corner office.
他让员工们
He had the whole staff
开始相信除了金钱之外的东西
believing in something besides numbers for once.
更重要的是 更重要的
And most importantly-- most importantly,
他能从自己的错误中学习
that's a guy who's learned from his mistakes.
很高兴能听到他会吸取教训
I'm glad to hear that he's learned from his mistakes,
但每个人都要为自己的行为负责
but every man needs to be held accountable for his actions.
那就相信他
Then hold him accountable.
安东尼的脚步速度 平衡感
Anthony's got outstanding foot quickness,
和技术都很出众
good balance and technique.
他身材有些小了
Yeah, he's a little undersized
人盯人阻截还有待提高
and needs to improve as a drive blocker,
但我觉得他有天赋
but I think he's a natural.
也愿意下苦功去训练
Definitely ain't scared to put in the hard work.
你也是这样
Same thing could be said for you.
我看到你这周都是早上五点就来了
I've seen you in the building at 5:00 AM all week.
-您怎么知道 -我四点半来
- How you know that? - I'm here at 4:30.
如果你开始四点半来 我会四点一刻来
And if you start coming at 4:30, I'll come at 4:15.
我一直在研究外侧冲传手
You know, I've been doing research on edge rushers.
如果一个球员10码冲刺跑不到1秒6或更快
If a guy can't run a 10-yard dash in 1.6 seconds or less,
他成为联盟里高效突击手的概率
his chances of becoming an effective pass rusher
会大幅下降
in this league drops severely.
同时 这届选秀里
Meanwhile, maybe two players
-或许就两人能跑出这水平 -没错
- run that split the entire draft. - Thank you.
教练们却天天逼着我选线卫
And the coaching staff is up my ass to pick linebackers.
安东尼是职业碗的料
Anthony could become an All-Pro
教练们会骂我们把他俩都放走的
and the coaches will bitch that we didn't find two of them.
再输一个赛季只会加剧
Another losing season has only dialed up
球队里的混乱
the dysfunction around here.
我需要能信任的人
I need someone I can trust.
我想提拔你 查尔斯
I wanna promote you, Charles.
让你做我的副手
Make you my number two.
上任第一件事就是出差
First order of business will be to get you out on the road.
去俄亥俄州立看比赛
Scarlet and Gray game at Ohio State.
我从没去过俄亥俄体育场
I've never been to the Horseshoe.
从那开始 你要去每一场重大♥比♥赛
From there, you hit all the big-time programs.
早点为2017届选秀做功课
Get an early look at the 2017 draft class.
球员在季前赛中展现出来的素质
You know, you could tell as much about a player's character
和他在冠军赛中所展现的一样多
in a May scrimmage as you can from playing in a Bowl game.
接下来你个月你需要一直出差
You'll be on the road for the next couple of months.
可以接受吗
That's gonna be all right?
是 先生 没问题
Yes, sir. No problem at all.
很好
Good.
能在NFL打球不是权利 是特权
It's not your right to play in this league, it's your privilege.
我现在告诉大家 外面还有很多人
I'll tell you right now, there's a ton of guys out there
比你们所有人都更高 更快 更壮
who are bigger, faster, stronger than all of you,
而他们正在当售货员
and they're working retail right now.
在联盟里成功并不难 各位
It's actually not hard to succeed in this league, guys.
你们只需要别搞砸场下的生活
All you gotta really do-- don't screw up off the field
在场上比所有人更拼命
and outwork everybody else on it.
之前我说了特权
I talked about privilege earlier.
现在我要动用我的特权 请出一位
It's my privilege right now to bring somebody on
并未被安排讲话
who wasn't scheduled to speak,
但想占用大家一点时间的人
but wants a couple minutes of your time.
好好听他要说的话 他也经历过这些
Listen to what this man has to say. He's been around the block.
掌声有请 斯宾塞·斯特拉斯莫
Everybody, Spencer Strasmore.
大家好
Hello, rookies.
在座各位或许有人认识我
Some of you out there may know me,
或许看过我打球
some of you have seen me play,
我也相信有很多人
and I'm sure just as many of you
根本不知道我是哪根葱
have no idea who the fuck I even am.
没关系
That's okay,
因为很多时候我醒来 我也不知道自己是谁
'cause most days I wake up and I got no fucking clue either.
我猜我该在海豚队
I guess I should've retired
把我交易去圣徒以后就退役的
when the Dolphins traded me to New Orleans.
但橄榄球是残酷的比赛
But, you know, this is a cruel game we play.
你深陷其中
You get so hooked on it,
人们需要把你五花大绑
they gotta put you in a straitjacket
才能把你抬出场外
and drag your ass off the field
因为当你们打球时 各位也知道
because when you're playing, as you guys know,
你们就是一国之王
you're all king shit.
对吗 就是宇宙之主
Right? You're the masters of the universe.
年轻 强壮 帅气 有钱
Young, tough, good-looking, rich,
女人往你们身上贴
getting all kinds of pussy.
你们认为自己坚不可摧
Yeah, you think you're indestructible.
认为只要下定决心 什么都能做到
You feel like you can do anything you set your mind to.
你们中的多数很快就会发现
Well, a lot of-- a lot of you are gonna soon find out
你们做不到
that you can't.
看到那个男人了吗
You see that man right there?
他是埃迪·乔治 海斯曼奖得主
That's Eddie George, Heisman Trophy winner,
最佳新秀 四次入选职业碗
Rookie of the Year, four-time Pro Bowler,
冲球距离超过1万码
over 10,000 yards rushing,
同时
and at one time
也是我的密友
my very close friend.
我以为自己能让他发财
I thought I could make him a rich man
说服他投资一项房♥地♥产♥生意
and I convinced him to go in on a real estate deal...
把他的钱给我
and give me his money.
不是一点钱
Not just a little bit.
所有的钱
All of it.
然后我亏了
And I lost it.
亏得一分不剩
I lost every fucking cent.
也失去了一位朋友
And I lost a friend.
但事实是 我根本不配做他的朋友
But the truth is I don't even deserve to be that man's friend.
根本不配上台来教育你们
I don't even deserve to be up here talking to any of you.
我只配我现在的下场
I deserve exactly what I got--
一无所有
nothing.
如果台下的你们不聪明起来
And if some of you assholes out there don't smarten up,
这也会是你们的下场
that's exactly what you're gonna wind up with.
让你们一无所有的
And it won't be some shark
不会是什么衣着光鲜的骗子
in a $5,000 suit who takes you.
而是你们的兄弟 姐妹
It's gonna be your brother, your sister,
父母 是你们的朋友
your parents, it's gonna be your friend.
是像我这种
It's gonna be someone like me
人人都夸"他是个好人"
who everyone says, "He's a good guy"
可内心深处
when beneath it all
是个自私 虚伪
剧集 | 球手们 | 导航列表