你伪造了自己的死吗
You faked your death?!
我那么爱你们
I loved you both.
而你们居然任我往最坏的地方想
And you just let me think the worst?
我差点就活不下去了
I almost didn't survive it.
但你活下来了
But you did survive.
而且活得还很好
And in some style.
顺便 恭喜你结婚了
Congratulations on the nuptials, by the way.
真快
That was quick.
不然你想怎么样
What did you expect?
我在这世界上孤身一人
I was all alone in the world.
我决定
I decided that
如果我注定活在悲痛中
if I was to live in grief,
那就不如
I might as well...
被美丽的东西
be surrounded by...
所包围
beautiful things.
即使是和一个
Even if it was with a man
我毫无感觉的人在一起
for whom I felt... nothing.
我被他身上的那种黑暗所吸引
I was drawn to the darkness I felt within him,
我渴望
I ached...
被它
to be...
吞噬
consumed by it.
亲爱的
Darling...
你真让我耳目一新
You are a revelation.
他是谁
Who is he?
只是个流浪汉而已
Just a hobo.
你不赞同吗
You disapprove?
是不赞同
I do.
为什么要把时间浪费在干掉这些没钱的穷♥人♥上呢
Why waste your time killing some destitute beggar?
你能得到什么
What's to be gained?
挑个有钱有珠宝的人下手
Select a victim with money or jewels.
这样你的小爱好就能使我们都获益
Then your little hobby can benefit us both.
下一次
And next time...
我想看着
I want to watch.
你受了太多苦
You have suffered too much.
我没受苦
I don't suffer.
不再受苦了
Not anymore.
你的眼泪可是另一番说辞
Your tears tell me otherwise.
我毫无感觉
I feel nothing.
我们没想让你变成这样 宝贝
We never meant to leave you this way, little one.
那你为什么这样做了
Then why did you?
命运作梗
Fate intervened.
我游历全国
I was travelling the country,
给《酋长的儿子》做宣传
promoting Son of the Sheik.
订的是二十世纪特快线的票
Booked on the 20th Century Limited,
旅行计划是从旧金山到纽约
the tour would take me from San Francisco to New York,
沿途为媒体做短暂停留
with press stops all along the way.
每次停站 我注意到一个人
At each stop, I began to notice a man.
起初 我还以为他是媒体记者
At first, I thought he was a member of the press,
但他从不问问题
but he never asked any questions,
也不记东西 他只是盯着我看
never wrote anything down. He just watched me,
他的眼神从未从我身上移开
his eyes never leaving me.
这也不算奇怪
This was not unusual, of course.
但那双眼睛里有些东西
But something in those eyes...
令人着迷
mesmerizing.
还是在那列火车上 我感到了某些东西
Again on the train, I began to feel a presence
它让我寒毛倒竖
which raised the hairs on the back of my neck.
我觉得我在火车的任何角落
I imagined I was seeing him
都能看见他
all throughout the train.
我开始怀疑自己的感觉
I began to doubt my senses.
恐惧像裹尸布一样将我笼罩
A feeling of dread hung over me like a shroud.
在某个地方
And somewhere,
在中西部一望无垠的平原上
along an endless expanse of Midwest plains,
我从无梦的睡眠中醒来 进入了梦中
I woke from a dreamless sleep into a dream itself.
是一场引诱 但他的目标不只是肉♥欲♥
It was a seduction, but mere carnality was not his aim.
我既拒绝又被他深深吸引
I was repelled and drawn in all at once.
他说的是
When he spoke, it was in Italian
带着浓重德语腔的意大利语
but with a thick German accent.
他告诉我他的名字 F·W·茂瑙
He revealed to me his name, F.W. Murnau,
伟大的德国导演
the great German director.
他想让你做什么
What did he want from you?
我以为他想杀我
I thought he meant to kill me.
但其实他想保护我
But instead he wished to preserve me.
我不明白
I don't understand.
起初我也不明白
Neither did I, at first.
这位伟大的导演在拍摄巨作《诺斯费拉图》时
The great director had uncovered many secrets
揭露了许多秘密
in the making of his masterpiece, Nosferatu.
为了拍摄场景
To make his picture,
他去了喀尔巴阡山脉深处
he travelled deep into the Carpathian Mountains.
他要求的是真实性
He demanded authenticity,
他在那个古老的世界里找到了真实
and that is what he found in that old world.
他在银幕上描绘的那种生物
Creatures like the one he was depicting onscreen,
不像他的男主角麦克斯·史莱克那么可怕
though not hideous like his star, Max Schreck,
而是美丽绝伦
but beautiful beyond compare.
被古老的血液病毒感染
Infected with an ancient blood virus,
其结果是寿命无限
the consequence of which was eternal life,
青春永驻
endless youth.
但随之而来的还有极度的渴望
But also a terrible thirst.
他说 他跟我说这些是前奏
He was telling me all this, he said, as a prelude,
警告的前奏和礼物的馈赠
a prelude to a warning and the offer of a gift.
茂瑙向我悲叹他所预见的一切
Murnau lamented to me what he foresees,
有声电影的出现
the coming of talking pictures.
随之而来的是 神灵的死亡
And with that, the death of the gods.
不出一年 我们的世界就会崩塌
Within a year, no more, our world would be gone.
他救不了世界 他说 但可以救我
He couldn't save the world, he said, but he could save me,
永久维持我的美貌
Preserve my beauty for all eternity,
但前提是我准备好离开荧幕
but only if I was ready to leave the screen.
永远
Forever.
这样 只要轻轻一碰
And so, with a cool touch,
一个温暖的吻 我就自♥由♥了 永生
and a warm kiss, I was truly free. Immortal.
而不再只是个影子
No longer just a shadow.
我刚到纽约的时候
When I arrived in New York,
媒体报道说我生病了
the press reported that I had fallen ill.
我让他们信以为真 因为我知道
I let them believe it, knowing the reports
报道才能让娜塔莎来到我的身边
were all I would need to have Natacha fly to my side.
她来找我的时候
When she came to me,
我与她分享了茂瑙给我的黑暗礼物
I shared with her the dark gift Murnau had given to me.
现在我们想与你一起分享
And now we want to share it with you.
和我们一起走吧
Come away with us.
明晚有一班火车开往纽约
There's a train that leaves tomorrow night to New York.
再从那里转乘去欧洲 去任何地方
From there, to Europe. Anywhere.
任何地方
Everywhere.
永远
And forever.
你听说了那个舌头的事吗
You hear the one about the tongue?
用钢锯切下了被害人的舌头
Cut out of the victim's head with a hacksaw,
然后用锤子把它钉在地板里
Then nailed to the floor with a hammer.
在她还活着的时候
While she was alive.
你要吓死我了
You're freaking me out.
那个恶魔就在门后吗
That monster is here, right behind that door?
什么样的变♥态♥才会想出这种残忍♥的招数
What kind of psycho thinks of that shit?
更不用说他居然真的下手了
Much less do it.
门口只有一个守卫吗
And they only have one guard at the door?
我♥干♥什么都够了
I'm plenty enough for anything.
你最好注意这扇门
You better pay attention to that door,
确保没什么坏东西跑出来
make sure nothing bad comes out.
老兄 你还好吗
Hey, man, you okay?
你是谁
Who are you?
我是任
I'm Wren.
你没吃晚餐
You didn't eat your dinner.
我不想吃那种东西
I'm not hungry for that.
他们可以给你准备点别的
They can get you something else.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表