剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
Honey?
亲爱的?
Nicole is an avid bird watcher.
妮可尔热衷于观察鸟类
She actually takes her field guide
事实上 每周六她都会带着
to Central Park every Saturday.
野外指南到中心公园去
Well, isn't that wonderful?
噢 这不是很棒么?
This is Richard Caldwell... Doctor Richard Caldwell.
这是理查德·考德威尔医生
Ph.D. Still counts.
博士 也算数的
Charles Brooks.
查尔斯·布鲁克斯
You realize that's not a real bird, right?
你知道那不是一只真的鸟 对吧?
I do, but it's designer, so.
我知道 它是个装饰 所以
She is just adorable. Isn't she?
她真可爱 不是么?
Nicole's been coming to our office
妮可尔上次来我们办公室
since she was three years old,
还是她三岁的时候
and we are great pals, aren't we?
我们上次玩得很好 不是么?
Remember when I... Liza!
记得当我... 莉萨!
She's... she's adorable.
她... 真可爱
Daddy, look, it's so beautiful.
爸爸 看 真漂亮
Yeah, it is.
是啊
Thank you.
谢谢你
Aw, it's fun for me.
对我来说挺好玩的
Hey. You here?
嗨 你到了吗?
I can't come, Kels.
我去不了了 凯尔西
Pippa just gave me her editorial notes,
派帕刚给了我她的修改建议
and she says there are inconsistencies with my timeline
她说我书里的时间线有点矛盾
and the relationship between Nick and his sister is murky.
她还说尼克和他姐姐的关系太暧昧了
What does that even mean, murky?
暧昧? 那是几个意思?
Maybe I should return the advance.
也许我应该把预付的稿费退回去
No, Colin...
别 柯林...
They don't get the book!
他们不懂这本书!
Colin, just... everything is going to be okay, all right?
柯林 别... 一切都会好起来的 好吗?
Just hang tight until I get there.
你先别急 等我过去
Something came up. I'll text you.
出事情了 我短♥信♥跟你说
Okay.
好
Now can you do a butterfly?
你现在可以给我画个蝴蝶么?
Depends.
看情况
What's the butterfly's name?
这只蝴蝶叫什么?
John.
约翰
John the butterfly, coming right up.
小蝴蝶约翰 马上就能画好
He's terrific with kids.
他和孩子相处的很好
Richard, I finally found a decent assistant.
理查德 我好不容易找到一个好助理
Stop putting ideas in her head.
别吓着她了
You're right.
你说得对
They're young. They have all the time in the world.
他们还年轻 他们有的是时间
How can they say they love it and ask for this many changes?
他们既然说喜欢这本书 怎么还让我改这么多?
It's a great novel, Colin, all right,
这是一本很棒的小说 柯林 没事的
but everything can use improving.
只是所有好东西都可以再改好一点
Yeah, but what if it's not great?
但如果这本书不好呢?
What if it's all hype and this is really a giant piece of shit?
如果这只是吹嘘出来的 而这本书真的很糟糕呢?
Every talented writer that I know has that same fear.
我所知道的是 每一个有天赋的作家都有这种恐惧
Yeah, but look at this.
但是看看这个
Hey, no editor expects a writer
没有编辑会指望一个作家
to make every single change.
能按他们的要求全都改了的
This? forget that, okay, and this is just a minor rewording.
这个? 不用管 好吧 这也只是个小小的措辞问题
Really?
真的?
Yes, this is so do-able.
是 而且这事不大的
We'll go it together, one-by-one.
我们一起来改 一个个来
Thank you. No problem.
谢谢 不客气
You're so rare...
你真是世间少有的好...
and generous...
又大方...
and extraordinary.
而且优秀
And you are on a deadline. Let's get to work.
而你要赶稿了 让我们开工吧
I'm so grateful to Empirical,
我很感谢经验出版社
and especially Diana Trout, for taking a chance on my novel.
特别是戴安娜·特劳特 愿意试着出版我的小说
And as a special salute,
作为一个特别的致敬
I would like to present Diana with this gift.
我想送戴安娜一个礼物
"P is for Pigeon" Is about
《鸽子的歌♥》这本书是关于
the world's last passenger pigeon,
世界上的最后一只信鸽
but since they're extinct now, I'd love you to enjoy this--
但是既然它们现在已经灭绝了 我很乐意你会喜欢这个
This equally magnificent creature.
这同样神奇的生物
He may give you a hint
他可能会给你关于
about the subject for my next novel.
我下部小说主题的小线索
I'd also like to thank my husband.
我也要感谢我的老公
He encouraged me to try something
他鼓励我走出自己的小世界
outside my comfort zone.
去尝试新事物
Let go of what you think should happen
抛下你认为既定的事情
and open yourself up to the vast, rich world
然后开启自身的潜能
of possibility. Thank you.
感谢各位
No, there's nothing wrong with it.
没什么别的问题
It's just a parrot in my apartment.
只是现在有只鹦鹉在我的公♥寓♥里
And I would like it to not be here.
我希望它消失
She's listening to you.
她正在听你说话呢
Shh! Thank you.
嘘! 谢啦
The Parrot Rescue said they would take--take her.
鹦鹉救援队说他们会来带她走
Let's get her quick before we have to change
在我们再换报纸之前
the newspaper again.
让它快去解决内急吧
You've haven't even given this bird a chance.
你都没给这只鸟一个机会
I think you should reconsider.
我觉得你应该再考虑考虑
Oh, why? Because she's a beautiful color green?
为什么? 就因为她全身绿得很漂亮?
I'm not a child, Richard, okay, I know how much work a pet is.
我不是孩子了 理查德 我知道养个宠物有多麻烦
We could take care of her together.
我们可以一起养她
That's still a commitment.
这也是个承诺
And what's wrong with a small, bird-sized commitment?
这小小的承诺算的了什么呢?
Look, Richard, please, it doesn't make sense.
理查德 算了 这没有意义
No, what doesn't make sense is a beautiful, talented woman
不 任由一个才貌双全的女子
hiding behind a big brick wall and never letting anyone in.
躲在与世隔绝的砖墙后面才是没意义的事
It's not brick.
才不是砖呢
I don't like brick.
我不喜欢砖
I am co-habitating with a man.
我正在和一个男人同居
What? Richard is moving in.
啥? 理查德要搬进来了
Yeah, so I need you to make a copy of my house key
所以我想让你去配把钥匙
and contact my homeowners insurance.
而且联♥系♥下我的屋主保险
Oh, set up a lunch with Ilan.
准备下和阿朗吃午餐
Ilan?
阿朗?
My closet designer.
我的橱柜设计师
So much to discuss. Come on.
我们得谈谈 来吧
Come!
快来!
Kelsey, I'm so glad we're finally doing this.
凯尔西 真高兴我们终于见面了
Me too. If I had to lose the biggest book of the year,
我也是 如果我注定要失去年度最佳书籍
at least I lost it to one of the best.
至少是你拿到了它
Aw, sweet.
谢谢你这么说
Team Colin. Go Team! Whoo!
我们都是柯林粉 干杯
But even though we're on the same team,
但即使我们在同一战队
we have different roles.
我们的分工也不同
Redmond's the agent. You're the girlfriend.
雷德蒙是总管 你是她女朋友
Right. And I'm the editor,
是的 而我是编辑
so I hope that when Colin submits his next draft
所以我希望下次柯林交样稿给编辑的时候
to his editor, his girlfriend's fingerprints aren't all over it.
他女朋友的文风能不那么明显
Pippa, I was just trying to help--
派帕 我只是想帮忙
Help, I know. I've seen this before.
帮忙 我懂 之前已经见识过了
You must have too, I'm sure, as an editor.
你也必须接受 作为一个编辑 我很确定
You know how hard my job is
你知道 没有其他人的意见
without other voices chiming in with opinions.
干扰我的工作思维是多么困难
You're right.
你是对的
You're the editor, I'm the girlfriend, and...
你是编辑 我是女朋友 而且...
I will let you do your job.
我会让你好好工作的
Thank you.
谢谢你
God, I'm so sorry if that seemed harsh.
如果这看起来很苛刻的话 我很抱歉
We are just under the tightest deadline,
我们离定稿时间已经所剩无几了
and I had to say something before the Hamptons.
我得在汉普顿之前说点啥
This would've been so much more awkward in sarongs.
要不然之后会更尴尬的
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表