剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
I've got a proposition.
我有个提议
Meet me at the Carlyle tonight at 9:00.
今晚九点在卡莱尔饭店跟我碰面吧
You're gonna kiss him again. I know you.
你还会再吻他的 我了解你
I'm so sorry about last night.
昨晚真的很抱歉
I just want you to know...
我只是想告诉你...
It was just a kiss, Liza. Let it go.
只是个吻而已 莉萨 放其远行吧
Nobody at work knows this, but I'm 40.
我的同事没人知道 但其实我已经四十岁了
I'm gonna sign with Millennial on one condition:
我决定和《千禧一代》签约 但有一个条件
I use you as a case study.
让我以你作为案例研究
Yeah,that's the...exactly. That's the same issue.
对啊 是的... 是同一个问题
Yes.
是的
Morning.
早上好
Well, it's all open for discussion.
都可以再商讨一下
Okay, that's his people calling me now.
好的 他的人现在是这么叫我的
I'll try you back from the office.
让我回办公室后再打给你
I'll be there in five.
五分钟之后到
Hello? Hi, yes. Charles.
喂 你好 是的 我是查尔斯
You are being blogged and podcasted
所有重要的博客和播客
everywhere that matters.
都在宣传你
Oh, and we've got you listicled
还有 你还登上了
on Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
各大新闻网站的热搜榜
By Wednesday, there won't be a millennial
预计到本周三 所有的八零后
who hasn't heard, read, or socially transmitted
都将对《决定性的十年》
"The Deciding Decade."
这本书有所耳闻
And we were saving the best news for last.
我们把最好的消息留在了最后
Ellen's producer said Ellen read
艾伦的制片人说艾伦看完
the advanced copy and loved it.
样书后爱不释手啊
Love her. Fantastic.
更爱她 太棒了
There's one little hitch.
但有一个小问题
She really responded to the chapter
她非常喜欢有一章里提到的
where your 40-year-old patient pretends to be
你四十岁的病人伪装成
a 26-year-old assistant.
二十六岁的助手
So, she'll have you on the show
所以 如果你能把那位病人带上
if you bring that patient with you.
她就请你做客艾伦秀
And reveal her identity on national television?
然后在国家电台上泄露她的身份?
That's impossible--that would be totally unethical.
不可能啊 那样太不道德了
Not if the patient agrees.
如果病人同意就没问题啊
It would be such incredible publicity.
这样的宣传效果的却会非常好
That...maybe I could reach out and ask.
我...我可以去问一下
Why would the patient consent?
那病人为啥会同意呢
I mean, wasn't she promised anonymity?
她当时难道不是要求保密吗?
Well, she's clearly an opportunist.
她明显是个机会主义者
More like a sociopath. Yeah.
反♥社♥会♥者更贴切吧 对啊
Shaving one or two years off your age is one thing,
少说几岁也就算了
but living a double life?
但你玩双重生活?
That is a very disturbed individual.
这人有点太变♥态♥了
Well..., in the chapter, she said
但是...在这章中 她说
that she applied for a lot of jobs as a 40-year-old,
她作为四十岁的自己申请了很多工作
and got turned down every time, so she had to find
但每次都无果 所以她只好在
a way around this institutionalized ageism.
这年龄歧视的制度中另辟新路
I don't see ageism, I see someone
我看到的不是年龄歧视
who stepped out of the industry and paid the price.
而是选择离开这个行业后的代价
She probably wasn't hired because she doesn't have
她不被雇佣可能是因为自己
the skills or talent.
没有能力和天赋吧
Well, I can certainly reach out to her.
我可以联♥系♥一下她
I think it's risky.
我觉得这很冒险
Staking the campaign of Millennial's first book
把《千禧一代》第一本书的利益
on a con artist?
放在一个骗子身上?
I bet you make the deal with Ellen,
我打赌你要是同意艾伦的条件
and that lunatic sues us.
那疯子一定会起诉的
Oh, my God. We can't chance that.
天哪 咱们可不能冒这险
We'll keep working and get in touch soon.
让我们再想想 然后再和你联♥系♥
All right. Thank you, Charles.
好的 多谢了 查尔斯
Our pleasure.
没问题的
Get on the ball. Pre-orders are dismal.
都打起精神来 预估销量很不乐观
Excuse me?
不好意思
I'm still here.
我还在这儿呢
Moving on.
继续吧
Where are we on "P is for Pigeon"?
《鸽子的鸽》弄得怎么样了?
It's gone to copy editing.
已经开始审稿了
The early buzz on GoodReads has been great.
在好书网上的前期反响不错
And I sent an advanced copy
我还给《纽约客》的
to Anthony Lane at "The New Yorker."
安东尼·莱恩发了样书
What on God's green earth is so important?
亲娘啊 到底啥事能这么重要?
Have I been unclear about devices in the conference room?
我对会议室的电子产品说的不够清楚吗?
I always keep it face down, except...
我总是把手♥机♥反着放的 只不过...
Face down or put away, that's the policy.
反着放或者拿走 这是规定
We're done. Thank you.
完工了 谢谢大家
I haven't seen him in a mood like this
自从他老婆离开他后
since his wife left.
我还没见过他这样
Something is really under his skin.
有什么事让他很不爽啊
Um, I'm making a Juice Press run.
我打算去榨点果汁
Can I get you anything?
你想要什么吗?
Uh, no, thanks. I'm good.
不用了 谢谢
Uh, look, I know I might be
听着 我知道我可能会错意了
misreading the situation, but are you okay?
但你还好吗?
With me? What?
关于我的事 什么?
I just want you to know
我只是想让你知道
that I think you're amazing,
我觉得你人真的很好
and I...I just... I feel so lucky
然后...我... 我觉得自己非常幸运
and so grateful to be working here,
很感激自己能在这儿工作
and I just...
那啥...
not even a cucumber coconut water?
连黄瓜椰子汁都不想要吗?
No, I'm fine. Really, I am.
真的不需要了
Uh, company, that's another story.
至于公♥司♥嘛 那就不一定了
Oh? There might have to be
是吗? 公♥司♥可能
some changes around here.
会做出一些变动
What kind of changes?
是哪种改变?
I'm sorry. I'm late for a meeting.
抱歉啊 开会要迟到了
Don't worry about it.
别担心了
God, I hope I don't lose my job.
天啊 希望我不会失业
You wouldn't have to lie anymore.
那样你也不用再撒谎了啊
Yeah, and Caitlin wouldn't have to go to college anymore.
对 然后凯特琳也不用再上大学了
I mean, I can help with tuition.
我其实可以在学费方面提供帮助的
My business is doing really great these days, so...
我生意现在特别好 所以...
I would never let you do that.
我不可能会让你那么干的
But I can't tell you how much that means to me.
但你这么说对我意义重大
Yeah, well, I'm kind of crazy about the mom.
对啊 我对这位母亲有点如痴如醉了
Ah, I've missed that.
啊 我好想念你的吻呐
Mm, me too.
对啊 我也是
So want to go back to my place?
想去我家不?
I changed the sheets today.
新换的床单哦
Josh, are you familiar with the marshmallow experiment?
乔什 你熟悉棉花糖实验吗?
Yeah, where you try to see
嗯 就是看你一次
how many you can fit in your mouth at once?
能在嘴里塞下多少个棉花糖?
No, it's, um... it's this parenting thing.
不是 是...一种教育孩子的方法
Children were given one marshmallow
给每个孩子一个棉花糖
and told that they could eat it immediately,
告诉他们可以立刻吃掉
or they could wait 15 minutes,
或者等十五分钟
and get two marshmallows. What?
然后就能得到两个棉花糖 什么?
Why would anybody do that to a kid?
为什么会有人对孩子做这种事?
I mean, it's...that's torture. I know.
这...这就是折磨啊 我知道
But anyway, they followed the kids for like 20 years,
之后专家们对这些孩子进行追踪调查大概有二十年
and they found out that the ones that could
他们发现能够
delay gratification had better life outcomes.
延迟享受的孩子生活水平更好
Higher self-reported happiness.
对自己的幸福评价更高
Okay, um...
好吧 那...
so who's the marshmallow in this scenario?
你想说谁是这颗棉花糖呢?
Am I the marshmallow?
是我吗?
Actually, I'm the marshmallow.
事实上 我是那颗棉花糖
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表