剧集 | 直言真相(2019) | 导航列表
你到底是怎么保住饭碗的
How the hell do you even keep your job?
你知道吗 训练我的教官是欧文凯夫
You know I trained under Owen Cave?
那又怎样
So?
-你毁了他 -是他毁了自己
-So you've ruined him. -He ruined himself.
波比帕内尔 法官 陪审团兼刽子手 对吗
Poppy Parnell. Judge, jury, executioner, right?
无论你这次想毁掉谁 绝对不会是我
Whoever you're gunning to destroy this time, it won't be me.
如果你不深入调查 你会毁了你自己
You'll destroy yourself if you don't dig a little deeper.
嗨
Hey.
他们结案了
They closed the case.
我知道
I know.
你在哪
Where are you?
我常去买♥♥醉的酒吧
Just my old stomping grounds.
这不是我想要的答案 你是知道的
That's not the answer. You know that.
我爸是怎么对你说的 “你总是可以到我们这里来”
What did my daddy say to you? "You can always come to us."
到我身边来 亲爱的 到我身边来吧
Come to me, honey. Just come to me.
你有什么需要的吗
You need anything?
没有 我只是在努力
No, I'm just doing the work.
做自我肯定
Affirmations.
要不要休息一下
How about taking a little break?
悲伤不会妥协 我们也不应妥协
Grief doesn't settle. Neither should we.
听着
Now, look...
你知道 在我面前你不必如此
You know you don't have to do that with me.
嗨 我是乔希亚 请留言
Hey, it's Joshua, leave a message.
如果是你 亲爱的 给我发短♥信♥
And if it's you, honey, send me a text.
你知道我不听留言的
You know I don't listen to these things.
跟我来
Come with me.
你在这里是安全的
You're safe here.
你想待多久都可以
Take as long as you need.
你能和我一起祈祷吗
Will you pray with me?
嘿
Hey.
我…
I...
打算做有关乔希的播客
Gonna do the podcast about Josh.
但我们必须对彼此坦诚 你必须对我坦诚
But we have to be honest with each other. You have to be honest with me.
-好 -如果不坦诚 那风险就太高了
-Okay. -The risk is too high if we're not.
但你说得对
But you were right.
乔希会为我冒一切风险
Josh would've risked it all for me.
你再一次拯救了我
You save me once again.
不 我们是互相拯救
No. We save each other.
我们必须公开调查
We have to do it publicly.
用播客的形式
On the podcast.
迫使警方深入调查此案
Force the police to look deeper into the case.
好吗
Okay?
好
Okay.
谢谢你
Thank you.
休息吧
Get some rest.
“其他人的眼泪只是水而已”
"Other people's tears are only water."
这是我朋友乔希亚基思 去世那晚对我说的话
My friend, Joshua Keith, said that to me the night he died.
我当时不知道他是什么意思 他为什么要说这话
I didn't know what he meant. Why he said it.
但现在感觉就像他…在坟墓里对我说话
But now it feels as if he's... speaking to me from the grave.
今天我听说警方结案了
Today, when I heard that the case was closed,
他的遗孀永远不会得到应得的答案
that his widow would never have the answer she deserved,
他的话一语成谶
his words became prophetic.
对那些不认识他的人来说 乔希的死是一个故事
To the people who didn't know him, Josh's death is a story.
一则头条新闻
A headline.
一个案件编号♥
A case file number.
但对我们这些爱他的人来说
But for those of us who loved him,
这是令人心碎的失去
it's a heartbreaking loss.
应该得到答案的失去
A loss that deserves answers.
乔希亚不信教
Joshua wasn't religious.
我用的这个词和教堂无关 但他是个…
Not in the churchgoing sense of the word, but he was...
有精神信仰的人
He was spiritual.
是个驰骋天下并以好奇心为动力的人
A man of the world that made curiosity his lodestar.
他还是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的年轻记者时
As young cubs at The New York Times,
他对我虔诚地参加主日弥撒感到无比惊奇
he was endlessly amused by my devotion to Sunday mass.
他觉得很有趣
It tickled him, and...
直到我向他解释了我对弥撒的感受
until I explained it the way I felt it.
它源自我第一次领圣餐时听到的一句祝福
And it came from a blessing I heard at my first communion.
“尽早教你的孩子们习读经♥文♥
"Teach your children scriptures early
他们便能获得 连自己都不知道已经拥有的保护”
and they'll be able to access armor they didn't even know they had."
这是我的祝福
That was one of mine.
另一个我们共同分享
The other, we shared.
即我们20年友情的纽带
It was the tether of our 20-year friendship.
对真♥相♥的追寻就是我们的纽带
What tethered us together was the pursuit of truth.
我会沿着他的道路继续追寻下去
I will continue that pursuit on his path,
在得到全部答案前决不放弃
and I will not give up until I have all the answers.
真♥相♥将为我们照亮前进的方向
The truth will be the light that shines us through.
所以…我们开始吧
So... here we go.
再说一次 我是波比帕内尔
Once again, my name is Poppy Parnell.
希望大家能够重新考虑
And I'd like you to reconsider.
剧集 | 直言真相(2019) | 导航列表