剧集 | 直言真相(2019) | 导航列表
我这一生中当了近20年猎物
I was prey for nearly two decades of my life.
童年便被抛弃 是一名弃子
A throwaway child. A discard.
童年便被抛弃 是一名弃子
A throwaway child. A discard.
没人要
Discard.
我不得不照顾自己
I had to fend for myself.
抵御风吹日晒
Against the elements.
抵御其他人的伤害 抵御自己的伤害
Against other people. Against myself.
抵御我的心魔
My demons.
我想感谢今天的嘉宾 记者波比帕内尔
I'd like to thank our guest today, journalist Poppy Parnell,
她是热门播客《重新考虑》的主播
host of the smash-hit podcast, Reconsidered.
波比 最后一个问题 你接下来准备做什么
Poppy, one last question. What's up next for you?
沃伦凯夫案之后你打算做什么新内容
How do you follow up the Warren Cave season?
沃伦凯夫的故事 让我个人付出了沉重的代价
Well, doing the Warren Cave story came at a huge personal cost for me.
所以我会慢慢来
So, I'm just gonna take my time
仔细考虑接下来该选择什么故事
and be very thoughtful about the next story I choose to take on.
别像劳伦希尔那样让我们一直等 波比
Well, don't pull a Lauryn Hill on us and keep us waiting, Poppy.
我们现在就想听新一季故事
We want a new season now.
但各位听众都听见了 再等等吧 再次感谢你上节目
But you all heard it. A little bit longer. Thanks again for joining us.
谢谢你的邀请
Well, thank you for having me.
嗨 波比
Hey, Poppy.
-嗨 赫比 -老样子
-Hey, Herbie. -The usual?
-当然 嗨 -好
-Always. Hey. -All right.
惊喜吧
Surprise!
好 我们吓到她了
Yep, we got her.
嗨
Hi.
-嗨 -见到你真高兴
-Hey. -So good to see you.
见到你真高兴
It's so good to see you.
-你好美 -你真美
-You look beautiful. -You look gorgeous.
要得起吗
Beat that.
我刚才差一点就要得起了 这次真的要得起
I almost got you there. Then I really got you there.
不是吧
Come on.
-对 我都不知该说什么 -该死
-That's right. I don't know what to say. -Goddamn.
-谢谢 -拜托
-Thank you. -Come on.
你还在出老千
You still cheating.
爸爸 你不能那么说
Daddy, you can't say that.
-我当然能 -拜托
-Course I can. -Come on.
她第一天走进这个酒吧就偷了我的钱
She stole from me the first day she came into this bar.
小脏手伸进了收款机抽屉 在我抓到她之前逃走了
Grimy little hands right in that till and slipped off before I could catch her.
我只跑出一条街 就被这两位堵在了巷子里
Only got a block until these two cornered me in the alley.
然后你们就袭击了她
So then y'all jumped her?
那当然
We sure did.
但她很狂野 我们费了好大力气
But she was feral, so we had to work at it.
我们打了起来 互相扔垃圾
We tussled and threw trash at each other
扔到后来都认不出谁是谁了
until you couldn't tell one of us from the next.
她们三个回来时 身上气味难闻极了
All three of them came back smelling like fresh hell.
你们当时几岁 10 11岁
What were y'all? Ten, 11 years old?
是
Yeah.
世界著名作家
World-famous author.
我们已经好久没见你了
Been a long time since we've seen you.
我住酒店的时间比住自己家里还多
Well, I spend more time in hotel rooms than my own bed.
我不喜欢的是你在街上混了那么多年 却从未想过到这里来
Hate that all those years in the streets, you never thought to come here.
到我们身边来
To us.
你在出老千
You over here cheating?
天啊 这名声我永远摆脱不了
Oh, my God! I'm never gonna live that down.
-对 -没错 看起来你最近发财了
-Nope. -Never. Looking like new money.
嗨…
Hi, hi.
好了 来吧
All right, come on.
真不敢相信我们又聚到一起了
Can y'all believe we're back together again?
很抱歉 事情乱成一团时 我没能在你身边支持你
I'm sorry I wasn't here for you when things got crazy.
你打了电♥话♥ 写了信 对我来说这就足够了
You called, and you wrote, and that was all I needed.
我也挺过来了
And I survived.
没错 亲 我们总能挺过来
That's what we do, hon. We survive.
挺过来后我们更强
Makes us stronger.
他们最爱用这句话了
It's what they sold us.
英格拉姆呢 他明天来吗
Ingram? Is he coming tomorrow?
希望如此
One hopes.
还有些棘手 但我们在努力回想浪漫时光
It's still a little tricky, but we're just trying to remember the romance.
听起来不错啊
Sounds kind of nice, actually.
乔希呢 他会来吗
And Josh? He'll be there?
当然
Of course.
为什么不来
Why wouldn't he?
-明天见 -明天见
-See you tomorrow. -See you tomorrow.
(体验米卡基思的人生 《弃子》)
见到你们俩真是太高兴了
I am so happy to see you both.
在一起
Together.
-好耶 -我去给大家拿点喝的
-Yay. -I'm gonna get us some drinks.
-好 -好啊 嘿 跟我来
-Okay. -Yeah. Okay. Hey, come with me.
等等
Wait.
这是…
Is that...
这是《弃子》的第一版手稿
This is the very first draft of the Discard manuscript.
还有你的编辑批注
Complete with your editing notes.
这本书没有你就无法出版
This wouldn't have happened without you.
我第一次读的时候 就直起鸡皮疙瘩
It gave me chills the first time I read it.
从我们在那辆巴士上相遇之后 你已在成功之路上走了这么远
You've come a long way since you sat next to me on that bus.
那两个小女孩 从来都没有离得太远 不是吗
Those two little girls are never far enough away, are they?
没错 但这一点不必公诸于世
No, but the world does not need to know that.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
嘿 那些拿奖学金的孩子到了
Hey, so some of the scholarship kids are here.
-你能去见见他们吗 -好 行…但是首先…
-Would you come meet them? -Okay, yeah-- yeah. But first...
这位是艾维阿伯特 是避风港的二把手
This is Ivy Abbott. She's my second here at Shelter,
没了她我可不知该怎么办
and I don't know what I'd do without her.
艾维 这位是波比
Ivy, this is Poppy.
见到你非常高兴
Very, very nice to meet you.
幸会
Nice to meet you.
我要把米卡借走一下 希望你不要介意
Would you mind if I steal Micah away for just one moment?
-我不介意 -太好了
-Not at all. -Perfect.
-我去去就回 -好
-I'll be back. -Okay.
哇
Wow.
人可真多 是吧
Quite the turnout, huh?
乔希 天啊
Josh. Oh, my God.
来抱抱
Come here.
我想死你了
I missed you.
我也想你
I missed you too.
哇
Wow.
你们俩现在成了大腕夫妻了
The two of you have become quite the power couple.
米卡世界闻名
Micah is world-famous
你那部有关埃瓦尔之子的纪录片 到处都在播放
and your documentary about the Sons of Ivar is everywhere.
谁知道它能取得今天的成绩呢
Who knew it would lead to all this?
谁知道呢
Who knew?
怎么了
What's going on?
你还好吗
You all right?
什么意思
What does that mean?
不必在意 我的俄♥罗♥斯♥情结被唤起了
Don't mind me. I have Mother Russia coursing through my body.
宿♥命♥论♥和愤懑之情 这些都融在我血液之中
You know, fatalism and-- and angst. They run in my blood.
你什么事都可以告诉我的
You know you can tell me anything.
晚些时候到工作室来吧 我们那时再谈
Come by the studio later. We'll talk then.
这一切早晚都会结束 对吗
This will all end at some point, right?
米卡的回忆录《弃子》 非常详尽地描述了她的故事
Micah's memoir, Discard, shared her story in such excruciating detail.
她的痛苦令数百万人感同身受 也令他们深受鼓舞
Her pain reached millions, and it inspired just as many.
话不多说 有请今天的女主角米卡基思
And now without further delay, the woman of the hour, Micah Keith.
晚上好
Good evening.
那是一位被吓坏了的小女孩
That is a terrified young girl in there.
13岁 被人抛弃 只得独自生存
Thirteen years old. Left to survive on her own.
被人遗忘 是一个弃子
Forgotten. A discard.
她还是挺了过来
And still survived.
我第一次看到这件作品时 整整三天卧床不起
When I first saw this installation, I took to my bed for three days.
我无法直视她 直视自己
I just had such a hard time looking at her. At me.
即使过了这么多年
All these years later.
我曾盗窃 作弊 打架
I stole. I cheated. I fought.
我曾酗酒
I drank.
我曾吸毒
剧集 | 直言真相(2019) | 导航列表