剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
Yeah, I did, too.
你们当初是怎么决定的
How did you guys decide?
收养我
With me.
根本不用做决定 我们一看见你...
There was nothing to decide-- the moment we saw you...
就决定了
You knew.
这个故事很精彩 妈
That's a hell of a story, Ma.
我最爱听的之一
One of my favorites.
我知道你们的婚姻并不完美
I know you guys didn't have a perfect marriage.
当时你们刚失去一个孩子 就都想领养我吗
You'd just lost a child, and you both just wanted me?
就这么快吗 这么简单吗
Right away? Just like that?
一言难尽
It's complicated.
人们不想说实话的时候
That's something people say
就会说这句话
when they don't want to tell the truth.
那个小家伙
That little guy, right there.
他被送来了这里
He wound up here.
同一天 同一地点
Exact same place, exact same day.
你看看他 小贝
Just... look at him, Bec.
恰好躺在这里 在我们的孩子旁边
Placed right there, right next to ours.
你感受到了吗
Can't you just feel it?
感受到冥冥之中的天意了吗
You know, can't you just... see it?
我拒绝了
I said no.
但你♥爸♥爸是那么笃定
But your father was so sure.
我当时又累又伤心
I was tired and I was grieving,
可他在一直劝说我
and he just kept pushing me.
他坚信 你就是我们的命中注定
He was so determined that you were meant to be.
注定属于我们
Meant to be ours.
有些时候 在婚姻中
Sometimes, in marriage,
必须有人带头做出重大决定
someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves.
在我们的婚姻中 那个人通常是你父亲
And oftentimes in our marriage, yes, it was your father.
确实 我们的婚姻并非完美
Our marriage wasn't perfect, it's true.
可完美的婚姻不存在
But none are.
你父亲也不是完美的
And your father wasn't perfect, either.
但他绝对非常接近了
But he was pretty damn close.
可以说是最接近完美的
As close as they come.
他劝我接纳了...一个陌生人
He pushed... A stranger on me.
而那个陌生人成了我的孩子
And that stranger became my child.
后来那个孩子成了我的生命
And that child became my life.
那就是你
He became you.
学小年轻去孟斐斯旅行
Road tripping to Memphis like teenagers.
你这老头 早晚把我折腾死
You're gonna be the death of me, old man.
我特别想做一件事时就会很顽固
I can get a bit bullheaded when I want something bad.
你收留我 我好像一直没感谢过你
Don't think that I ever thanked you for taking me in.
你确实没有
Oh, you definitely did not.
你知道他带你回来甚至没问过我的意见吗
You know he brought you home without even asking me?
先是你
First you.
然后是他哥哥
Then his brother.
他如果想怎么样 就会...
He wanted something and then he just...
毫不犹豫直接去做
went ahead and did it.
顽固
Bullheaded.
有其父必有其子
Like father, like son.
我接受你的夸奖
Well, I'll take that compliment.
这句夸奖我永远甘之如饴
Take that compliment any day.
最后的结果也不赖 对吧
Didn't turn out so bad, though, huh?
他自作主张做的事
Things that he pushed on you?
对 你住到家里来挺好的
No, you're all right, old man.
奶爸在我家地下室住一年并不美好
Could have done without the Manny in my basement for a year,
但你还不错
but you're all right.
你喜欢我这个地方吗
So you like my spot, huh?
喜欢
Yeah, I do.
我喜欢来这里
I like to come here.
让我想起家乡
Reminds me of home.
让我想起自己
Reminds me of me.
没你家小区那么高档
A little less fancy than your neighborhood.
没那么"白人"
A little less white.
对 这也算是个原因
Yeah, there's that, too.
拜托 你总得跟我讲点细节吧
Come on, you've got to give me something.
有其他女生唱西尼德的歌♥吗
Did any of the other girls sing Sinead?
你唱完他们说什么了
What did they say when you were done?
拜托 我一整天
Come on, I have been
都一直坐立不安
on the edge of my seat all day.
不知道啊 就是普通的试唱
I don't know, it was just regular audition stuff.
好吧
Okay.
天啊 人都哪去了
Oh, my God. Where is everyone?
不好意思 你确定...
Excuse me. Is this the, uh...
这家是全城最火爆的餐厅吗
is this the hottest restaurant in town?
我包场了
I bought the whole place out.
生日晚宴嘛
It's a birthday dinner.
真好
Come on. This is nice.
-挺不错的吧 -是啊
- It's cool, right? - Yeah.
好 稍等 你想让你妹妹
Yeah. Okay, wait, do you want your sister
坐你的对面 还是你旁边
to sit across from you, next to you,
还是直接坐你腿上
or just straight in your lap?
坐对面就好
Across from me is fine.
不好意思 请坐
Sorry. Sit down.
里面那位先生 他叫艾托
That gentleman right there, that is Aito.
他是个天才
He is a genius.
上过《顶级厨师》《铁人♥大♥厨》《极速前进》
He's from Top Chef, or Iron Chef, or Amazing Race.
绝对的电视巨星啊 艾托
You are a TV star, Aito!
他超爱我的
The guy loves me.
-快看呐 -谢谢
- Oh, wow, look at that. - Thank you.
每条鱼都配一杯酒
Oh, there's a... a wine for every fish.
我想说点祝酒词
Okay, I'd like to make a toast.
敬我们的女寿星
To the birthday girl.
-还有男寿星 -谢谢
- And the birthday boy. - Thank you.
对
Yeah.
我想说
I would just like to say
我为你感到骄傲
that I am very proud of you.
干杯
So, cheers.
小托 其实我没去参加试唱
You know what, Tobe? I actually didn't go to the audition
我还没进屋就跑了
I bailed before I even got in the room.
为什么 你准备了这么久
What? Why, after all that hard work?
是吧 我也觉得
I know. Believe me,
她之前告诉我时 我也这么想
I felt the same way when she told me earlier.
-她告诉你... -但是我懂
- When she... - But... yeah.
你们根本不知道
But let me tell you, you don't know what it's like
那种屋子里的气氛有多可怕
being in those rooms, man, it's horrible.
你们知道我有多少次走进去
You know how many times I've walked into a room
就想临阵脱逃吗
and I wanted to bail when I saw
因为看到詹姆斯·麦斯登准备读台词
James Marsden ready to read?
真的吗
Really?
你居然...
You told...
好吧
Okay, wow.
托比 托比
Toby... Toby.
刚去见我妈了
Went to see my mom.
好
Okay.
你知道她一开始并不想收养我吗
You know she didn't want to adopt me at first?
是我爸说服了她
My father pushed.
我爱我的父母
I love my parents.
我爱他们在一起的样子
I loved them together.
但我不想像他们那样
But I don't want to be them.
我妈说世上根本不存在
My mother said there's no such thing
完美的婚姻
as a perfect marriage.
但这一点上 我不同意她的看法
But on that, I have to disagree with my mother.
你居然会不同意你♥妈♥的♥说法
I didn't think that was allowed.
我今天就不同意了
Today I'm allowing it.
因为我们是完美的 贝丝
Because we're perfect, Beth.
我很确定 因为我是个完美主义者
And I know this, you see, because I'm a perfectionist.
这也算是我的包袱
So that's kind of my bag, you know?
我一辈子都在追求它
Been chasing after it my entire life.
追求完美
Perfection.
我一次...又一次地失败...
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表