剧集 | 良医 | 导航列表
妈妈不会有事的...
Mom will be okay.
一二三
One, two, three.
一二三
One, two, three.
法官大人 琼妮德格鲁特担任辩护人
Joni DeGroot for the defense, Your Honor.
我知道 你的辩护状上有你的名字
Yes. I see your name here on top of your brief.
太好了 我很荣幸能...
Excellent. May I say what a privilege it is--
不用不用 没什么可荣幸的
No. No, you may not.
你只是来申请驳回诉讼的
You're just here to argue this motion. Which...
你的论点很新颖啊
is a novel argument.
谢谢您 法官大人 -我不是在表扬你
Thank you, Your Honor. - It wasn't completely a compliment.
墨菲医生 不应被追究专业不当行为的责任
Dr. Murphy cannot be held liable for professional misconduct
因为他当时不是以专业身份行事
because Dr. Murphy was not acting in a professional capacity.
他只是个好心的撒玛利亚人 -你是说
He was a Good Samaritan. - You're taking the position
即使在救护车到达后 他也只是个好心的撒玛利亚人?
the Good Samaritan exception stayed in effect even after the ambulance arrived?
是 因为他没在救护车上做截肢手术
Yes. Because he didn't do the amputation in the ambulance.
而是在救护车外做的 -他故意不在救护车上做的
He was outside it. - He chose not to do it inside.
因为急着救你当事人的命
To save your client's life. He had not time.
救护车就在旁边 -“就在旁边”?
The ambulance was right there. -"Right there"?
请定义旁边 十英尺算旁边吗?
Would it have been "right there" if he was ten feet away?
一百英尺呢?半英里呢? -很有趣的问题 但是
A hundred feet? A half a mile? - Interesting questions. For another case.
救护车就在五英尺外 -外面就是外面
He was five feet away. - Outside is outside.
法规明确保护
The statute specifies protection
如果护理发生在紧急情况现场
if the care happens at the scene of an emergency.
被告律师依照的是技术区分...
Counsel is using a technical distinction that--
被告律师依照的是法律
Counsel is using the law.
法定解释规则要求 在可能的情况下
Statutory interpretation rules require, to give effect, if possible,
对法规的每一个条款和词句 都要给予效力
to every clause and word of a statute, avoiding,
以避免任何暗示立法机构的解释...
if it may be, any construction which implies that the legislature--
还有两声嘎吱
Two more squeaks.
还有两声嘎吱
Two more squeaks.
J基林法官
你就那么停下了? -我失去了思路
You just stopped? - I lost my train of thought.
反正你认为这个动议赢不了
You said you didn't think you could win.
但我会把话说完!
I would've finished it.
我...
I...
我听到一声嘎吱
I heard a squeak.
我还需要两声才能继续
I needed two more squeaks to complete the set.
他们取消了和解提议
They pulled the settlement offer.
合伙人开了个会 这案子不归你管了
And the partners met. You're off the case.
他们告诉你... -投票一致通过
They told you-- - The vote was unanimous.
你是个很好的研究员
You're a good researcher,
你是个会思考的数据库
you're a database that thinks.
但你需要接受这个事实
But you need to accept that you are not,
你永远无法成为一名优秀的律师
and are never going to be a good lawyer.
不不不 琼妮才是我的律师
No. No, no. Joni is my lawyer.
我的案子 由我决定
It's my case, my choice.
但你的职业生涯岌岌可危
And your career that's riding on this.
琼妮的问题远比你想象的要严重
Joni's deficits are more significant than you think they are.
每个人都这么说我 每个人都...
Everybody said that about me. Everybody was--
你知道她为什么在壁橱办公吗?
Do you know why her office is a closet?
琼妮来这后出了很多状况 经常迟到
Joni has had issues since she started here. She was late, a lot.
她错过了 她的第一个任务 第一个动议
Her first assignment, her first motion, she missed it.
她一定有充分的理由
She must have had a good reason.
她看到有人溺水
She saw someone drowning.
她在去法庭的路上
She was on her way to court,
开车经过海湾 看到了一些东西 于是停了下来
driving by the bay and saw something. She stopped,
报了警 他们封锁了道路
called the police. They shut down the road
搜索了水域 琼妮知道她看到了
searched the water. Joni knew she saw
一根木头 一个浪 无关紧要的东西
a log, a wave, nothing.
但她的大脑无法接受这是无关紧要的
But her mind wouldn't accept that it was nothing.
我们发现这种情况以前发生过两次
We found out this had happened twice before.
你为什么不解雇她?
Why didn't you fire her?
因为她威胁要起诉我们
Because she threatened to sue us,
争辩说解雇她违反了
arguing that firing her would be a violation
美国残疾人法案
of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
那会违反吗? -我不确定 我认为不会
Was it? - I'm not sure. I don't think so.
但她写的这篇辩护状...
But this brief that she wrote...
是我读过最令人印象深刻的东西
most impressive thing I've ever read.
所以她不需要办公室
So she doesn't need an office
因为她不用见客户 她只做研究
because she doesn't need to meet clients because she does research.
也只能做研究
Just research.
她不能当你的辩护律师
She cannot be your trial attorney.
我恨她 -我不恨
I hate her. - I don't.
她把你塞进壁橱里 故意让你失败...
She stuffed you in a closet, set you up to fail--
你知道她做的够多了 她雇了我...
You know she's done more. She hired me--
她让你独自出庭 她在期待什么?
She sent you to court on your own. Expecting what?
她期待我能完成工作 我也是
She expected me to do the job. So did I.
她完全可以和你一起...
She could have been there to--
那是我的想法 我的论点 我的案子
It was my idea, my argument, my case.
失败的也是我
My failure.
你为什么想成为一名律师?
Why do you want to be a lawyer?
你为什么威胁要起诉?
Why did you threaten to sue?
你为什么想在那工作?
Why do you want to be there?
那是家非常好的公♥司♥
They're a very good firm,
有趣的文件 重要的案子
interesting files, important cases,
而且我也没那么多选择...
and it's not like I have huge options--
不 我的意思是...
No. I meant...
你为什么想当律师?
why do you want to be a lawyer.
一位律师拯救了我们家
A lawyer saved our family.
我八岁时 父亲死于一场车祸
Our father died in a car accident when I was eight.
从此我的强迫症就开始了
That's when my OCD started.
我很担心我妈妈也会死
I was very worried my mother would die too.
所以你制定了防止这事发生的仪式?
You developed rituals meant to prevent it?
她并没有死
And she didn't die.
但她酗酒
But she did drink.
不好的事情还是发生了
Bad things happened.
后来不同的人犯了不同的错
And a lot of people made a lot of mistakes.
我们的母亲
Our mother.
一些过度劳累的社工
Some overworked social workers,
一些寄养父母
some foster parents,
一位法官...
a judge...
但又出现了一个人 力挽狂澜
But one person made it all right again.
一位律师
A lawyer.
琼妮
Joni.
我仍然希望你做我的律师 -墨菲医生 我犯了一个大错
I still want you as my lawyer. - Dr. Murphy, I made a huge mistake.
因为...我有问题
Because... I have a problem.
我们都有问题
We all have problems.
我会和珍妮特谈谈
I'll talk to Janet.
你是首席律师 因为墨菲医生希望你当首席律师
Dr. Murphy wants you as first chair. So you're first chair.
我是首席律师吗 -你不是
I'm first chair. - You are not.
那我不是首席律师吗 -你是傀儡
I'm not first chair. - You are a figurehead.
你坐在首席上就行 不要说话
You'll sit in your first chair, not a word.
不要站起来 不要提出异议
You will not stand up. You will not object.
如果一定要敲 就悄悄敲在腿上
If you have to tap, you will tap quietly. On your leg.
现在祝我好运 -祝你好运
Now wish me luck. - Good luck.
在你看来 当墨菲医生断定我客户的手
In your opinion, when Dr. Murphy concluded that my client's hand
受伤需要截肢时...
was damaged and needed to be amputated--
他错了
He was wrong.
血流不足是由于
The lack of blood flow was caused by
名为血管痉挛的短期症状
a temporary condition known as vasospasm,
可能发生在外伤后 比如车祸后
which can occur after a trauma, such as a car accident.
血管暂时收缩 切断血液流动
Vessels temporarily clamp down, cutting off the flow of blood.
此案中 巴顿先生的尺动脉痉挛了
In this case, Mr. Patton's ulnar artery spasmed.
这种症状可以治疗吗? -可以
And this condition is treatable? - Yes.
注射钙通道阻滞剂就行
With an injection of calcium channel blocker.
救护车里有
Which was available in the ambulance.
谢谢
Thank you.
该你问了
Your witness.
有新想法吗 任何可以在医学上质疑他的东西?
Any last minute ideas, anything we can challenge him on medically?
那不是血管痉挛
It wasn't vasospasm.
我们有什么证据吗?
剧集 | 良医 | 导航列表