剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表
You're absolutely right, Judith.
我不会要求你揭露消息来源
I'm not asking you to disclose your sources.
我尊重记者 而我正在努力保护你
I respect journalists, and I'm trying to protect you.
只不过…这没什么好报道的
There just isn't a story here.
那就回答我的问题
Then answer my questions.
约翰
John.
你叫约翰对吧?
It's John, right?
是的 大卫
It is, David.
你刊登这个 会让自己像个傻瓜
You will make a fool of yourself by printing this.
所以你在扮白脸 大卫
Mm-hmm, so you're the good cop, David?
不
No.
我只是想弄清楚
I'm just trying to figure out
为什么《华尔街日报》
how we could have arrived at a place
正在考虑发表一篇
where The Journal is considering publication of an article
我知道是错误 误导和不公平的文章
I know to be false, misleading, and unfair
然后威胁要揭露
and threatens to disclose information
血液检测公♥司♥严密保护的商业机密
that Theranos rigorously protects as trade secrets.
你真的相信所有
Do you really believe that all the recognition
那些学术 科学和医疗保健团体
by the academic, scientific, and healthcare communities
对血液检测公♥司♥成就的认可是错的?
of Theranos' achievements is wrong?
以前发表过 关于血液检测公♥司♥的每份报告
That every previous published report about Theranos,
包括在《华尔街日报》刊登的
including in The Journal itself,
都是公♥司♥误导 及操控的结果?
has been the result of misleading manipulation by the company?
哇
Wow.
如果是真的 那可是大新闻
If it were true, that's a powerful story.
怎么可能会放过这样的报道呢?
Why would you let a story like that go?
怎么可能不仔细调查呢?
Why would you check it thoroughly?
这可是职业生涯中决定性的报道
That would be a career-defining story.
只有一个问题
The only problem is
就是这些都不是真的
none of it is true.
那你为什么不回答我的问题?
Then why don't you answer my questions?
我只想知道...
I just want to know...
这些就是我知道的 约翰
Here's what I want to know, John.
你在亚利桑那的行为怎么说?
What about your conduct in Arizona?
你在那里与那些医生的作为
What you were doing down there with those doctors
根本就是黄色新闻
was nothing short of yellow journalism.
-天啊 大卫 白脸呢? -黄色新闻?
- Oh, David, where'd the good cop go? - Yellow journalism?
你问那些医生一些诱导性问题
You were asking those doctors loaded questions.
好 问你一个诱导性问题
Okay, here's a loaded question.
如果血液检测公♥司♥有新科技 会是什么?
If Theranos has new technology, what is it?
所以你想要我们给你可乐的配方…
Okay, so you want us to give you the formula for Coke
然后我们才能说服你
so that we can...
没有人要可乐的配方
Nobody's asking for the formula for Coke.
-对了 我喜欢百事可乐 -好了 回答就对了
- By the way, I like Pepsi. - Okay. Just answer.
血液检测公♥司♥的科技 有使用手指针剌样品吗?
Does Theranos use fingerstick samples in their technology or not?
-那是商业机密 -有还是没有?好
- That's a trade secret. - Yes or no. Okay.
那是商业机密
That is a trade secret.
那这个呢?这是另一个简单的问题
How about this? This is another easy one.
你们的实验室有用西门子的机器吗?
Are you using Siemens machines in your labs?
有 但仅用于比较目的
Yes, but for comparison purposes only.
所以 你承认你们有用?
So you acknowledge you have them?
仅用于比较目的
For comparison purposes.
这只是垂死挣扎
You're grasping at straws...
她说 用于比较目的 继续
She said, for comparison purposes. Move on.
让我了解一下最近在网站上
Just... walk me through some of the language
更改的一些文字
that's been changed recently on the website.
网站上的文字
Oh, language on the website?
有句话“我们的许多测试只需要几滴血”
The phrase, "Many of our tests only require a few drops of blood."
这句话最近被删除了
That phrase was recently deleted.
对 为了营销精确性
Yes, for marketing accuracy.
精确性?
Accuracy?
所以你是说之前写的不精确?
So you characterize the language before as inaccurate?
好了
Alright.
我们承认不是每次血液测试
We will acknowledge that not every blood test
都是用专利技术
is run on proprietary technology,
但这是…过渡时期
but they're transitioning.
这是过渡时期 算是…旅程
It's a transitional process. A journey.
旅程?
A journey.
旅程
A journey.
好了 会议结束
Alright. This meeting's over.
呃…才四个小时
W... well, it's only been four hours.
我是说…
I mean...
我的老天 爽
Oh my god, holy shit.
他们承认使用第三方分♥析♥仪了
They admitted to using third-party analyzers.
他们真的承认了
They sure did.
对 在经过几个月说 他们不使用第三方分♥析♥仪后
Yeah. After months of saying they don't use third-party analyzers.
-没错 好的 -所以 茱迪丝
- They sure did. - So, Judith...
-这算…? -砰
- is this... - Bam!
伊丽莎白 他们要登了
Elizabeth, they're running it.
什么时候会登?
So when will it come out?
不知道 很快
Uh, I don't know. Soon.
我和鲁伯特谈过 请他扼杀这篇报道 可是…
I spoke to Rupert and asked him to kill the story, but, uh...
你要求鲁伯特·默多克
You asked Rupert Murdoch
为你扼杀《华尔街日报》的报道?
to kill a story in The Wall Street Journal for you?
当然
Of course.
他告诉我他无能为力
He told me that his hands are tied.
我不懂他为什么不能打个电♥话♥就好
I don't understand why he can't just make a phone call.
情况有多糟?
How bad will it be?
没什么我们应付不来的
Nothing we can't handle.
乔治 我想知道你是支持我的
George... I want to know that I have your support.
我听说…
I hear
你要加入哈佛医学院研究员委员会
you're joining the Harvard Medical School Board of Fellows.
恭喜了 平步青云
Congratulations. You must be riding high.
对啊 一个大学辍学生
I know! A college dropout joining the board
加入哈佛医学院的委员会
of a Harvard Medical School.
很明显 哈佛支持我们公♥司♥
Obviously, Harvard's support of our company
比一个不理解的记者对我更有意义
means more to me than a reporter who doesn't understand.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth...
我为两任总统工作过
I've worked for two presidents,
尼克松和里根
Nixon and Reagan,
都做过不好的决定
who made bad decisions.
尼克松次数更多
Nixon, more so.
但里根
But Reagan
在伊朗门事件中弄错了
got mixed up in the Iran-Contra affair,
伤害了他的历史地位
and it hurt his legacy.
他是个伟人
He was a great man.
但他开始听信错误的人
But he started listening to the wrong people.
听信错的人 很容易会犯错
It's easy to make the mistake of listening to the wrong people.
如果错已铸成
If mistakes were made...
我认为可能是时候想想
I think it might be time to consider whether you have
你身边的人是否合适
the right people around you.
桑尼是不是对的人
If Sunny is the right person.
宝贝 乔治那边怎么样?
Baby, how did it go with George?
我说“乔治那边怎么样”?
I said, how did it go with George?
我得为晚上的哈佛委员会打包了
I have to pack for my Harvard Board dinner tonight and I don't...
-我没… -我帮你选好了
I laid out your clothes.
我不想穿你挑的
Yeah, I don't want to wear what you picked out.
穿吧 干嘛不♥穿♥?
Just wear it, why don't you?
我不知道我他妈的该怎么办
I don't know what I'm supposed to fucking do.
我连报道什么时候刊
I don't even know when it's going to come out.
内容写什么都不知道
I don't know what it's going to say.
你应该要保护我的
You should have protected me.
我懂了
Okay. I see.
乔治叫你怪我
George told you to blame me.
你就打算这么做 都怪我?
That's what you're going to do? You're going to blame me?
不 当然不是
No. Of course not.
我得赶飞机了
I have to meet the jet.
因为我知道你所知的一切
Because I know everything that you know.
什么?
What?
那些邮件上都有寄给你
You were on all of those e-mails.
我是公♥司♥首席执行官
剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表