剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表
And this is one of those times.
这家公♥司♥将拯救生命
This company is going to save lives.
可以结束谈话了吗?
So, is this conversation over?
甜点吃什么?
What's for dessert?
我知道你有多想相信
I know how much you want to believe
她所说的一切都是真实的
that everything she's saying is real.
不好意思
I'm sorry?
我…也想相信 但如果你看看
I, I wanted to believe it, too, but if you look
数字和数据 那就变得很清…
at the numbers and data, it becomes...
你是在说
Are you saying
我看不懂资料?
that I don't understand the data?
不 我只是…
No, I just...
伊莉萨白为我做过展示
Elizabeth did a demo for me.
我看到了成果
And I saw the results.
你是说这不是真的?
Are you telling me that isn't true?
对 她在骗人
Yes, I am. She's lying.
我很高兴伊莉萨白
I'm so glad Elizabeth is promoting
提拔并支持其他女科学家
and supporting other female scientists.
我知道这对年轻女性来说 是一个非常困难的领域
I know it's a very difficult field for young women.
是的
It can be.
这就是你报答她的方式?
And this is the way you repay her?
谢谢你今天前来
I appreciate you coming here,
但我讨厌你暗示我老到失去
but I resent you implying that I'm so old that I have lost my ability
判断他人的性格的能力
to judge another person's character.
这不是你的错 我认为她是在利用你
It's not your fault. I think she's taking advantage of you.
他们想说服我说你很笨
They're trying to convince me you're stupid.
-乔治 -谁说的?桑尼?伊莉萨白?
- George! - Who is? Sunny? Elizabeth?
他们没办法说服我这点
They can't convince me of that.
但他们能说服我
They can convince me
你只不过是无法应付
that you simply don't have a good handle
锡若诺斯内部那些
on all the sophisticated chemistry and engineering
复杂的化学与工程
that's taking place inside Theranos.
我希望谈话到此结束
I would like this conversation to be over.
乔治告诉他 他不相信他
George told him he didn't believe him.
当然 没事的 乔治爱你
Of course, it's fine. George loves you.
埃洛莫里斯很喜欢那支广♥告♥
Errol Morris liked the commercial.
他们想用主题卷标
They want to do a hashtag.
钢铁姐妹
Hashtag Iron Sisters.
据《纽约客》报导 她是个圣人
According to The New Yorker, she's a saint.
前国防部长威廉佩里说
This is from William Perry, former Secretary of Defense.
“有时她被称为史蒂夫贾伯斯”
"She has sometimes been called another Steve Jobs,
“但我觉得这是不适当的比较”
"but I think that that's an inadequate comparison.
“他是个天才 而她是一个心胸宽广的人”
He was a genius. She's one with a big heart."
为什么呢?
I mean, why?
为何大家都这么想去相信这个女孩?
Why does everybody want to believe in this girl so badly?
因为她是金发美女
Because she's pretty and blonde.
她是女权主义进步的象征
She's a symbol of feminist progress.
在不挑战他们的情况下
She makes the men in tech and business
她让科技和商业领域的男人感觉良好
feel good without challenging them.
对
Yeah.
而且她是金发美女
And she's pretty and blonde.
理查德 你穿的那什么?
Richard, what are you wearing?
洛琳没帮你整理行李吗?
Didn't Lorraine pack your suitcase?
她走了
Uh, she's gone.
我们要离婚了 我不想谈这个
We're getting a divorce. I don't want to talk about it.
好吧
W-well, um,
也许你会想休息一下
maybe you want to take a little break for a while.
休息?为什么我要休息?
Break? Why would I take a break?
因为你看起来很累 听起来很累
Because you look tired, you sound tired.
-洛琳要离开你了 -可以闭嘴吗?
- Lorraine's leaving you. - Just shush, okay?
我在写领英的个人资料
I'm trying to write this LinkedIn profile.
为何要写?
Jesus. Why?
我在找锡若诺斯的员工…爆料
I'm looking for Theranos employees to be sources.
聪明
- Smart. - No!
拜托 锡若诺斯的员工是不可能
Come on, there's no way that Theranos employees
说他们在哪工作的
can say where they actually work.
她是暴君
She's goddamn El Chapo.
别打“锡若诺斯”
Don't type in Theranos!
打“生物医学”
Type in biomedical.
别对我指手划脚的
Don't tell me what to do.
你没有自己想的聪明
You're not as smart as you think you are.
我有
Yes, I am.
我不会当告密者
Um, I, uh, won't be a whistleblower.
但我可以为你指出正确的方向
I can point you in the right direction.
确认一些细节
Confirm a few details.
我只愿意做到这么多而已
That's, that's far as I'm willing to go.
明白吗?
Is that understood?
我可以请你喝水吗?
can offer you a water?
当然
Sure.
我车上没水
I don't have a water.
我不知道自己为什么要那么说
I don't know why I said that.
我很紧张
I'm nervous.
我很好奇是什么让你决定和我谈谈?
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to talk to me?
是我在领英上写的什么吗?
Was it something I wrote on my LinkedIn message?
是你的签名文件 菲斯医生
It was your signature. Dr. Fuisz.
我们都是医生
We're both physicians.
我们都念过医师誓词
We took the Hippocratic Oath.
不伤害
Do no harm.
好
Yeah.
我准备好要回答问题了
I'm ready for your questions now.
等一下
Oh yeah, one second. I...
我写下来了
I, uh... I wrote them down.
首先
Uh, number one:
锡若诺斯 是如何欺骗沃尔格林的?
How is Theranos defrauding Walgreens?
据马克罗斯勒所说 锡若诺斯健康中心
The Theranos Wellness Center, according to Mark Roessler,
把亚利桑那的样品 包装放入冷藏箱中
packs the Arizona samples into a cooler
运送到他们在帕洛阿尔托的实验室
to be shipped to their laboratories in Palo Alto.
而有时 冷藏箱会无人看管长达数小时
Now sometimes, the coolers are left unattended for hours,
而血液样本 真的就是受到日晒雨淋
and the blood samples literally bake in the sun.
等样本到达目的地时
And by the time the samples reach their final destination,
血液经常已凝结 完全无法使用 好吗?
the blood is often clotted and completely unusable, right?
然而 如果样本依然可用
If, however, the sample is still viable,
锡若诺斯会稀释血液
Theranos dilutes the blood
用改装的西门子机器分♥析♥它
and processes it on a modified Siemens machine.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
几个消息来源?
How many sources?
-现在只有一个 -不够
- I have one for now... - Not enough...
但我联♥系♥了20名员工
But I have contacted 20 employees.
他们都很害怕 都签了保密协议
They're scared. They've all signed NDA.
我不能刊登 只有一位匿名消息来源的报导
I can't run this story off of one anonymous source.
我知道 马克罗斯勒给了我 两个最近离职的
I know. Mark Roessler gave me the names of two lab associates
实验室助理的名字
who recently left the company.
我已经从领英联络了其中之一
I've reached out to one of them on LinkedIn.
希望他会响应
I'm hoping he's going to respond.
助理 年纪多大?
Associates. How young?
二十出头
- Early 20s. - Ugh.
他们会受到很多打击
They're going to get hit with a lot.
你认为他们准备好了吗?
Do you think they're ready?
你看过董事会名单吗?
Have you seen the names on that board?
詹姆士马提斯 亨利季辛吉 根本就是支军队啊
James Mattis, Henry Kissinger. It's like a... it's like an army.
(在锡若诺斯工作)
我感到充满力量
It's so empowering and powerful
(打破玻璃天花板)
能有幸加入
to be a part of a company
由一位才智过人又照顾下属的女人
created by a woman who's so incredibly intelligent
所创立的公♥司♥
and also nurturing.
我选择工程专业的原因
The reason I got into engineering
是因为我看着它 心想
was because I looked at it and I said,
“看起来好难”“很有挑战性”
"That looks hard, that's a challenge,
“所以我要做”
so I'm going to do it."
(泰勒·舒兹)
这是我们所需要的模范
That's a role model that we need.
剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表