剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表
What, Sunny? What?
我做错什么了?
What, what am I doing wrong?
抱歉
Sorry about that.
希望我没有打扰你
Hope I'm not interrupting.
丹尼尔·杨给我果汁
Daniel Young just gave me this juice, so, uh...
你已经有了
Oh, you already have one.
我只是想告诉你
So I just want to let you know
伊恩·吉本斯今天没来上班
that, um, Ian Gibbons didn't show up for work today,
我也联♥系♥不上他
and I'm having a really hard time getting in touch with him.
现在 我们还能推后作证日
Now we can stall this deposition for a while,
但是我认为不让他
but I don't think having him testify
出庭作证才是最好的
would really be in our best interest.
伊丽莎白 嘿
Elizabeth, um... Oh hey.
罗恩叔叔死了
Um, Uncle Ron died.
妈妈刚告诉我
Mom just told me.
谁是罗恩叔叔?
Who is Uncle Ron?
我们的叔叔啊
Our uncle?
妈妈说你可以
Mom says that you could just, like,
打个电♥话♥或送花什么的
call or send flowers or...
不 我会去的
No. I'll go.
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
-我去参加葬礼 -是的
- Uh, I'll go to the funeral. - Yeah.
-现在吗?-是的 我去参加罗恩叔叔的葬礼
- Now? - Yes, I'm going to Uncle Ron's funeral.
我们重新开始就伊丽莎白·霍姆斯
We are back on the record in the matter of Elizabeth Holmes
及其血液检测公♥司♥和菲斯医疗
and Theranos Inc. Versus Fuisz Pharmaceuticals
以及理查德·菲斯之间的事宜
and Richard Fuisz.
你确认86号♥是你的维♥基♥百♥科♥条目吗?
Do you recognize exhibit 86 as being your Wikipedia entry?
请看第一段
Look at that first paragraph, the one that starts off,
“理查德·卡尔·菲斯出生在宾夕法尼亚州 伯利恒”
"Richard Carl Fuisz was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania,
“是斯洛文尼亚移♥民♥”
to Slovenian immigrants."
-这一信息正确吗?-是的
- Is that accurate? - I would say yes.
你是在农场长大的?
You, um, you grew up on a farm.
是的 我卖♥♥掉公♥司♥后
Yes. After I sold my company,
回到了宾夕法尼亚 建了一个小办公室
I went back to Pennsylvania and built a small office.
我的门前 就是一片玉米地
If I stepped out my front door, I was in a cornfield.
我没有员工 都是我自己来
I didn't have a staff. I did it myself.
不像伊丽莎白·霍姆斯
Not like Elizabeth Holmes.
克里斯也在那里工作 是家族生意
And Christian works there, too. It's a family affair.
你不敢相信她的董事会都有谁
You won't believe the people on her board.
乔治·舒尔茨 山姆·纳恩
George Shultz, Sam Nunn.
亨利·基辛格刚刚加入
Henry Kissinger just joined.
你没告诉我们
You didn't tell us that.
亨利·基辛格吗?
Henry Kissinger!
你们很快就能打入沃尔格林
You're going to be able to go into Walgreens pretty soon
应用那台机器
and use the machine.
很快就能进入商店了 就九月份是吧?
It's going to be in stores in, what, September now?
嘿 你还记得有一年夏天 我们去弗罗里达
Hey, do you remember that one summer we were here in Florida
我们当时在玩大富翁
and we were, like, playing Monopoly
你因为输了大发雷霆
and you freaked out because you lost
冲出门外去?
and, like, ran through the screen door?
-不记得了 -你太想赢了
- No. - You wanted to win so bad.
我都害怕了
I got kind of scared.
你真的是做私人飞机来的吗?
Did you really come on a private plane?
是公♥司♥的飞机
It's a company plane.
我的东西都是公♥司♥的
Everything I own is through the company.
大家都很害怕你 也很嫉妒你
Well, they're all so intimidated by you. And jealous.
妈妈 我有什么爱好吗?
Mom, did I ever have any hobbies?
你是指什么?
What do you mean?
我做过什么有趣的事情吗?
Did I ever... do anything for fun?
你参加过田径 你是舞蹈队的
You ran track. You were on the dance team.
有一年夏天 你还爬山了
Uh, you climbed a mountain that one summer.
这些你不喜欢吗?
Weren't you having fun?
怎么了?
What's going on?
如果我停下来会怎么样?
What would happen if I stopped?
你是说不在公♥司♥工作了吗?
Working at your own company?
但是那公♥司♥怎么办?你怎么办?
But then what would happen to the company? What would you do?
只是一个公♥司♥而已 也不能代表我
Oh, it's just a company. It's not who I am.
当然能了 你什么意思?
Of course, it's who you are. What do you mean?
你不能停下来 你为什么这么说?
You can't stop? Why would you stop?
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth.
我对现在的你感到很骄傲
I am so proud of who you've become.
哇!
Wow.
你可是血液检测公♥司♥的首席执行官!
You are the CEO of Theranos.
是的
Yeah.
我就是
That's what I am.
你会帮助很多人
You are going to help so many people.
我想如果伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 没有从斯坦福辍学
I just think if Elizabeth Holmes had stayed at Stanford,
上帝保佑她
God bless her,
也没有那么多人让她失望
and so many people had not let her down
据我所知 利用了她
and, in my view, used that poor girl.
在我看来 这是不对的
In my view, that is not an acceptable thing.
我想父母对这个是要负责的
And I think the parents are responsible for that.
我想这些花哨的风险投资公♥司♥
And I think these fancy VCs are...
我已经73岁了 我见过这些人
I'm 73 years old. I've seen what these VCs can...
他们利用完人 马上就会抛弃她的
They'll chew her up and throw her out in two minutes.
莱瑞·埃里森 如果事情进展的不顺利
And Larry Ellison, something goes the other direction,
他就会狠狠痛扁你
he'll give you a good kick in the ass
你就再也没有机会了
and you'll be out the door.
到时候你还有什么?
And then what will you have?
一无所有
Nothing.
你对伊丽莎白很有微词啊
You have a lot to say about Elizabeth.
大家都看到的金钱
Everyone's seeing dollar signs instead of a human being.
但是她是个人!
She's a human being.
好了 今天结束了
Okay, we are done for today.
等一下 我想说
No, wait. I just want to say...
好的 请说
Oh yeah. Anything, please.
如果那个女孩来找我 告诉我
If that girl had come to me and she had said,
菲斯博士 很抱歉 我们已经很多年没说话了
"Dr. Fuisz, look, I'm sorry we haven't spoken for years.
我们需要这个专利
"We need this patent.
大家都认为我们很有钱
"And you know what? Everyone thinks we have a lot of money
可能是因为莱瑞·埃里森
"because of Larry Ellison,
但是我们并没有
"but we actually don't have that much
我不能给你太多的钱
and I can't afford to pay you much,"
那我愿意一美元就给她
she would have gotten it for a dollar.
但是你却让一个传票递送员来敲门!
But you don't have a process server knock on my door.
这些本来都不用发生的!
My god, none of this would have happened.
谢谢你的证词
Well... thank you for your testimony.
伊恩·吉本斯在哪里?
Where is Ian Gibbons?
我为什么不能和他说话?
Why aren't you letting me speak with him?
吉本斯博士身体不是很好
I believe Dr. Gibbons hasn't been well.
说谎 如果他身体不好 那也是医生来说
Bullshit. If he's not well, have a doctor say he's not well.
她不想让我和他说话 你们知道为什么吗?
She just doesn't want me to talk to him. Do you know why?
因为吉本斯知道她在说谎
Because he knows she's lying.
我要和他讲话
I'm going to talk to him.
我不会放弃的
I'm not giving up.
伊恩 你要睡觉了吗?
Ian, are you coming to bed?
你明天不是还有工作吗?
Don't you have work tomorrow?
女士们先生们 我们即将
Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing
30分钟后在 旧金山降落
in San Francisco in about 30 minutes.
你不在办公室
You weren't in your office.
我正在找你
I was looking for you.
葬礼还顺利吗?
How was the funeral?
-伊丽莎白 -我们不能停止
- Elizabeth? - We're not going to stop.
我们必须在九月推出
We're going to launch in September,
但是我们可以阶段性的推出
but we're going to launch in phases.
第一阶段就是我们要用西门子的机器
Phase one, we're going to use the Siemens machines
来进行测试
to run the tests.
我们只需要重新进行组装
But we're just going to have to reconfigure them
可以用更少的血进行检测
to run with less blood.
也就是我们必须打开这个机器
So we'd have to open them up.
是的
剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表