剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表
前情提要
伊丽莎白 这是艾丽卡·钟
Elizabeth, this is Erika Cheung.
她第一天报到
It's her first day.
欢迎加入血液检测公♥司♥
Welcome to Theranos.
拿去 贴在你计算机的摄像头上
Here, put it on the camera on your computer.
为什么?
Why?
这样他们才没办法监视你
So they can't watch you.
如果伊恩出来作证 血液检测公♥司♥的专利就会失效
If Ian had testified, it would have invalidated Theranos' patents.
像这样的报道 我需要有第一手资料的人
For a story like this, I really need someone with firsthand knowledge.
他们一定是用西门子的机器 运算所有数据
They must be running everything on the Siemens machines
才能规避监管
to get around the regulators.
你真的认为她会放任这种事发生?
Do you really think she'd let that happen?
她是首席执行官 她很清楚一切
Dude, she is the CEO. She knows what's going on.
你用西门子的机器
Are you running the Edison proficiency tests
做♥爱♥迪生的能力试验吗?
on Siemens machines?
你根本不知道自己在说什么
You have no idea what you're talking about.
你相信血液检测公♥司♥欺骗监管机构
You believe Theranos is lying to regulators?
对 所以我们才需要你来发问
Yeah, that's why we need you to start asking questions.
我不会问的
No, I won't.
我准备好要回答问题了
I'm ready for your questions now.
血液检测公♥司♥是如何欺骗沃尔格林?
How is Theranos defrauding Walgreens?
喂?
Yeah, hello.
约翰·卡雷鲁?
Uh, John Carreyrou?
我是泰勒·舒尔茨
This is Tyler Schultz.
你在12年前创立了这家公♥司♥对吧?
You founded this company 12 years ago, right?
告诉观众你当时几岁
Tell them how old you were.
那时我19岁
I was 19.
那么…
So...
不用担心未来 有人帮我们设想好了
Don't worry about the future, we're in good hands.
2015年
时代百大人物
我回顾这位才华横溢年轻女性的远见
I look back on this brilliant young woman's, uh, vision,
我心想 天知道要怎么在19岁
and I think to myself, how in God's name at 19
说服美国的顶尖教授们…
was she able to convince some of the leading professors in America,
更别说要父母把所有的学费给她
uh, let alone her parents, to give her all her tuition money
然后说 “我有个主意 我要开间公♥司♥”
to go and say, "I got an idea. I'm going to start a company."
新创大骗局
英雄
血液检测公♥司♥的报告显示病人
So the Theranos report for the patient came back
有异常高的TSH值
showing an abnormally high TSH value.
但患者已经服用 甲状腺药物
But the patient was already taking thyroid medication
-降低该值?-正是
- to lower that value? - Precisely.
而血液检测公♥司♥的结果 显示药物不起作用
And the Theranos results indicated the medication wasn't working.
那血液检测公♥司♥是正确的吗?
Was Theranos correct?
这个病人怀孕了好吗?
This patient was pregnant, okay.
增加她的剂量 会让
Increasing her dosage would have made
她的甲状腺激素高到
her thyroid hormone levels so high,
有流产危险的程度
it would have put her pregnancy at risk.
你愿意公开♥发♥表此事吗?
Would you go on the record with this?
他妈的肯定
Abso-fucking-lutely.
我找到了一个病人 她在急诊室度过了感恩节
I tracked down a patient who spent Thanksgiving in the ER
因为血液检测公♥司♥的测试 给了她错误的讯息
because a Theranos test told her incorrectly
说她中风了
she was having a stroke.
花了几千美元的医药费
Thousands of dollars in medical bills.
我和一位癌症幸存者聊过
I spoke with a cancer survivor,
她做过血液检测公♥司♥测试 以为自己的癌症复发了
took a Theranos test, thought her cancer had come back.
天啊
Jesus.
我找到三位医生愿意公开站出来
I have three doctors on the record.
我有马克·罗斯勒的电子邮件
I have the Mark Roessler emails.
他寄给你了吗?
He sent you those?
还没有 应该很快了
No, not yet, but he should shortly.
据他描述 这些信应该很证据确凿
From what he describes, they're pretty damning.
我有加德纳和吉本斯愿意公开♥发♥表
I've got Gardner and Gibbons on the record
还有泰勒·舒尔茨愿意匿名
and Tyler Schultz on background.
等一下 哪个泰勒?
Wait, wait, uh, back up. Tyler who?
他和艾丽卡·钟一起工作
This kid worked in the labs with Erika Cheung.
他是乔治·舒尔茨的孙子
He's George Schultz's grandson.
舒尔茨知道他孙子跟我们说吗?
Does Schultz know his grandson is talking to us?
不知道 而且我得确保他不会知道
Oh no. And I have to make sure he doesn't.
一定要
Yeah, no shit.
闻起来好香
It smells really good.
-饼干可以给我吃吗? -不行
- Can I have the crackers? - Nope.
我们应该感谢 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯
So we ought to be thankful that Elizabeth Holmes wasn't running
-没有在80年代领导苏联 -没错
- the USSR in the '80s. - Yeah.
所以你知道 接下来我要叫你做什么吧?
Okay, so you do know what I'm going to ask...
她不会和我说话的 茱迪丝
She's not going to talk to me, Judith.
我是全美唯一她不会接受采访的记者
I'm the only reporter in America she will not give an interview to.
不重要 我们必须能够
Doesn't matter. We have to be able to say
说我们竭尽全力让血液检测公♥司♥回应
we made every effort to allow Theranos to respond.
我寄了份问题清单给他们 我…
I sent them a list of questions.
-好 -有点担心
- Okay. - I am a little bit worried
他们会追查我的消息来源
they're going to come after my sources.
他们的律师是大卫·波依斯
They've got David Boies representing them.
去他的
Yeah, fuck that.
不管他们向我们扔什么 我们都能应付
Whatever they throw at us, we can handle it.
但你可以打给马克·罗斯勒
But maybe also call Mark Roessler
要他快点把电子邮件寄来
and have him hurry up with those e-mails.
将 762 个项目复♥制♥到 U 盘的文件传输中
未经授权的下载 安全警报!
《华尔街日报》正在写一篇关于血液检测公♥司♥的文章
Wall Street Journal is doing an article about Theranos,
我不认为会有什么好话
and it is, um... I don't think it's going to be positive.
这里有些他们传过来的问题
Uh, here are some questions they sent over
他们希望你能…
that they would like you to, uh,
回答 越快越好…
to an... to answer as soon as you possibly can...
我一直在找你
Yo, I've been trying to get ahold of you.
马克刚下载了几百封电邮
Mark just downloaded, like, hundreds of work e-mails
到他的个人硬盘 现在他要出大楼了
to his personal drive, and now he's headed out of the building.
-马克? -对
- Mark? - Yeah.
马克人呢?
Where is Mark?
马克
Mark!
他要对他做什么?
What's he going to do to him?
桑尼!
Sunny!
马克!
Mark!
马克 我会告死你
Mark, I will sue your ass!
把那些邮件删了 我们有保密协议的 马克
Delete those emails! We have an NDA, Mark.
-这些问题真可笑 -而且草率
- These questions are ridiculous. - And sloppy.
对 他不是一个好作家
Yeah, he's not a good writer.
有天晚上我试着读 他医疗保险那篇文章
I, I tried reading his Medicare thing the other night.
很烂…
It, like, sucked.
不 我是说 他应该要更小心
I mean, I mean, he should be more careful.
从这些问题很清楚 可以看出他的线人是谁
These questions make it obvious who his sources are.
你知道他的消息来源?
You know who his sources are?
-当然知道 -我们相信自己知道
- Yes, of course. - We believe we do.
我们已经缩小了范围 谢谢你 彼得
We've narrowed it down. Thank you, Peter.
他与罗谢尔·吉本斯聊过
He's spoken to Rochelle Gibbons.
我们应该告她诽谤
Who we should sue for defamation.
还有亚利桑那的那些医生和患者
And some doctors and patients in Arizona,
违反医疗保密
which violates doctor-patient confidentiality.
还有那些关于 诺曼底实验室的细节
And those questions regarding the particulars of the Normandy lab,
那些是…艾丽卡说的
those are, that's coming from Erika.
对 艾丽卡·钟 泰勒·舒尔茨 马克·罗斯勒
Yeah. Erika Cheung, Tyler Schultz, Mark Roessler.
他们都签了保密协议
Who all signed NDAs.
没错 他们年轻而心怀不满
That's right. And who are young and disgruntled.
-他妈的很不满 -三人在意见不合后都离职了
- Very fucking disgruntled. - All three left after disagreements.
但他们希望我们回答问题
But they expect us to answer these questions,
我觉得…
like, I, I...
这整件事 我们得回应这些骗子?
This, this whole thing that we have to respond to liars?
太荒谬了
That's ridiculous.
所有我们已经得到的这些法律要素…
And all these legal elements,
我们得先他们一步行动
we have to get, we have to get ahead of all of them now.
涉及极为严重的法律后果
Extremely serious legal implications.
泰勒违法分享我们的商业机密
Like, Tyler basically violated and shared our trade secrets.
真是如此
Literally.
泄露商业机密是不行的
剧集 | 辍学生(2022) | 导航列表