昨天晚上我跟露西视频
So, anyway, last night on video chat,
我盯着她的双眸足足有二十分钟
I spent, like, 20 minutes just staring into Lucy's eyes.
听起来很浪漫啊
Oh, that sounds romantic.
后来发现是画面卡了 就毫无浪漫可言了
It was until I realized the screen had frozen.
但这还是我这辈子最棒约会的前三名
Still one of my top three dates of all time.
她什么时候会来跟大伙聚聚啊
So, are we ever gonna hang out with this girl?
我也想啊
I'd love that,
但她实在不太善于与人交流
but she's not really comfortable around people.
我以前也跟她一样不善与人交流
Yeah, I used to be uncomfortable around people,
后来学到一个小诀窍
but then I learned a trick.
我把认识的每个人
I pretend everyone I meet
都看作是《星际迷航》里受欢迎的角色
is a beloved character from Star Trek.
那这招管用吗
How's that been working for you?
当然好用啊 你个无名红衣机组人员
Oh, like a charm, unnamed crewman in a red shirt.
莱纳德 我可能帮你弄到了份工作
Leonard, I may have gotten you a job.
-我有工作了 -他真的有哦
- I have a job. - Yes, he does.
工作就是服务我的一切要求
He caters to my every whim.
不 再过几周 史蒂芬·霍金要
No, in a couple of weeks, Stephen Hawking's team
送一对远征实验队伍去北海
is sending an expedition to the North Sea
做黑洞的流体动力学模拟
to test hydrodynamic simulations of black holes.
队伍中有一名实验物理学家退出了
One of their experimental physicists dropped out,
所以我就推荐了你
and I recommended you.
你觉得我真有机会雀屏中选吗
Well, do you really think I have a shot?
我跟霍金共事过 说了你不少好话呢
Yeah, I've worked with Hawking. I talked you up.
他知道你的研究
He knows your research.
我觉得希望非常大
I think this could happen.
他居然知道... 哇
He knows-- Wow!
你觉得这真是个好主意吗
Well, now, but do you think that's a good idea?
我觉得行 你也知道《星际迷航》
I do. Uh, you know Star Trek.
一个没有角色名字
Should a guy with no name
穿着普通制♥服♥的人适合去参加实验吗
and a red shirt really go on an expedition?
别这样打击他
Hey, don't discourage him.
这是他千载难逢的好机会呢
This is a fantastic opportunity.
没人问你 女通讯官乌乎拉
No one asked you, Uhura.
想听听谢尔顿招牌亦假亦真小讲堂吗
Would you like to hear a classic Sheldon Cooper factoid?
-你说呢 -很好
- What do you think? - Great.
我最近读了不少交通工具安全
I've been doing some reading about vehicular safety.
你知道溺水的最高几率的
Did you know that the highest number
发生地点是在船上或是船附近吗
of drowning accidents happen on or around boats?
在我很有可能去船上工作前
Interesting that you would bring that up
你提起这事 时机很巧妙啊
when I might go work on a boat.
亦假亦真就是这样的
Well, that's the thing about factoids--
听起来就很巧妙
they're interesting.
我知道你的小算盘
I know what you're doing.
你不想我去这个实验之旅
You don't want me going on this research trip
因为你害怕自己独处
because you're afraid to be alone.
我才不害怕自己独处
I'm not afraid to be alone.
在陆地就不怕
On land.
在海上呢 这就可怕了
On the sea, it would be terrifying.
太容易溺死了
Because of all the drowning.
谢尔顿
Sheldon.
行 我不提溺水了
Fine, no more drowning talk.
我换个话题
I'll change the subject.
你觉得这两者打架 谁能赢呢
Who do you think would win in a fight--
你或鲨鱼
you or a shark?
我感谢你这招牌的
Look, I appreciate your signature blend
"为我着想"与"超级自私"
of concern for me and incredible selfishness.
如果我能有机会入选
If I get the chance to do this,
你说什么都没办法阻止我去的
there is nothing you can say that's going to stop me.
非常好
Very well.
你与佩妮的感情现在好到不行
Things between you and Penny have never been better.
我只希望四个月的分离不会改变这一切
I hope four months apart doesn't change anything.
我应该先提这件事的对吧
I should have opened with that, huh?
如果你仔细看向金星
If you look carefully at Venus,
你应该能看见
you should be able to see
国际太空站从它面前经过
the International Space Station pass by.
你朋友真去过那上面吗
Your friend was actually up there?
他还带了一件T恤给我 上面写着
Yeah. He brought me back a T-shirt that said,
"我朋友上了国际太空站
"My Friend Went to the Space Station
而我只有拿到这件傻♥逼♥T恤"
and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt""
-他有带那件T恤上太空吗 -没有
- Did he take the T-shirt to space? - Nope.
但那衣服绝对够傻♥逼♥
It's exactly as lousy as advertised.
说到朋友
Speaking of friends,
我的朋友们想见见你呢
they have been asking to meet you.
我想着或许
I was thinking
有机会我们大家一起聚一聚吧
maybe we could all hang out sometime?
我不知道
I don't know.
你有多少朋友啊
How many are there?
我算算 六个
Let's see. Six.
哇 好酷 我有六个朋友呢
That's pretty cool; I have six friends!
有点像西纳特拉
Kind of like Sinatra.
西纳特拉 美国上世纪杰出男歌♥手
有过一档与7名好友歌♥唱的节目 名为"西纳特拉与好友们'
六个陌生人
Six strangers?
这压力好大啊
That's a lot of pressure.
盯着我看 问我一堆私人问题
Staring at me, asking me personal questions.
比如"你做什么工作的"
Like, "What do you do?"
"你从哪里来的"
"Where are you from?"
"你为什么要把自己锁在厕所里呢"
"Why did you lock yourself in the bathroom?"
要不你就先见其中一个
Okay, how about you just dip your toe in
看看情况如何
and meet one of them?
你会来吗
Will you be there?
当然啊
Of course.
那就是两个陌生人 算我自己就三个
Well, that's two. Three if you count me.
这事情越来越失控了
Oh, this is getting out of hand.
在我下午上班的时候
So, then, during my afternoon shift,
我不小心把整托盘的饮料全撒身上了
I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself.
好惨啊
Oh, that's awful.
也没有啦 靠着湿透的衣服
Not really. My shirt was soaking wet.
我拿到了我这辈子最多的小费呢
I got, like, the biggest tip of my life. Oh.
你还记得我跟你说过有关
So, listen, do you remember when I said
广义相对论与流体力学
the similarities of the equations
方程中的相似处表示了
of general relativity and hydrodynamics suggest
在有巨量水源的地方很可能能找到
you could find the equivalent of Unruh radiation
盎鲁射线的相似物
in a large body of water?
这不是我跟你说的吗
I thought I said that to you.
总而言之
Anyway,
史提芬·霍金的队伍在研究这个
Stephen Hawking's team is looking into that,
而他们要请我加入
and I've been invited to join them.
霍金呢 恭喜你
Wow, Hawking! Good for you!
是很好
Well, it is.
但是 这样我就得离开一阵子
Just-- you know, I'd be gone for a while.
多久呢
Well, how long?
三四个月吧
Three, four months.
-什么时候走 -再过几周吧
- When would you leave? - Couple weeks.
没事 那我去看你好啦
O-Okay, well, I'll just come visit you.
这就是问题所在 你不能来
That's the thing-- you can't.
因为我会在北海的一艘船上
I'll be on a ship in the North Sea.
在船上
On a ship?
不怕坐在轮椅上的霍金 会从甲板上滚下去吗
Aren't they afraid Hawking will just roll overboard?
他不会去
Uh, he's not gonna be there.
他只是派人去研究他的理论
He's just sending a team to research his theory.
当然
Oh, sure.
就像你派我去打死你浴缸的蜘蛛一样
Like when you send me to kill spiders in your bathtub.
好吧 整整四个月
Okay. Four months.
是的
Yeah.
我有点担心
And I'm a little worried
因为咱们俩现在感情这么好
because things between us have been so great,
我不想做任何会破坏感情的事情
and I'd hate to do anything that screws that up.
亲爱的 一般会破坏感情
Oh, sweetie, if you're gonna screw things up,
都是你在的时候 你不在时万事大吉
it's gonna be while you're here, not while you're away.
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表