霍夫斯塔德博士
Dr. Hofstadter.
我只是想下来
Just thought I'd come down
为穿泳装而锻炼身材
and start getting ready for swimsuit season.
那很好啊
Good for you.
你显然不需要
Not that you need it.
我猜你穿泳装一定很迷人
I bet you look great in a swimsuit.
谢谢
Thank you.
我得了一种病 我爸称其为"家具疾病"
I've got what my father used to call "furniture disease."
我的胸部都下垂得要掉进我的抽屉里了
My chest is falling into my drawers.
我不是很熟悉这个机器
I'm not, uh, familiar with this model.
我要怎么开始
How do I make it start?
按"开始"
You push start.
好的
Right.
这台可能坏了
This one might be broken.
-你得动起来 -懂了
- You have to move. - Got it.
好了
There.
太棒了
Oh, yeah!
我感觉到我在运动了
Yeah, now I'm feeling it.
这真是来劲儿啊
Oh, this is great.
我愿意一辈子都做这个
I could do this for the rest of my life.
说到
Hey, speaking...
一辈子都可以做的事情
speaking of things you do for the rest of your life...
听说你在终身教职选举委员会 是吗
uh, did I read that you're on that-that tenure committee?
是的
Yep.
我得弄个家庭健身房♥了
I got to get a home gym.
我知道有很多
Well, I'm sure you have a lot of
优秀的申请者 我只是
good applicants, I just
想来跟你打声招呼
wanted to say hi and...
告诉你我会
let you know that I'll be...
参加这次...
throwing my hat in the...
竞选
...ring.
-好的 我会留意你的 -好
- All right, I'll keep an eye out for that. - Yeah.
霍夫斯塔德
Hey, Hofstadter.
真有意思 这么久我还是第一次在这里
Funny seeing you here for the first time in...
见到你
ever.
走开啦
Go... away.
珍妮 我们一起锻炼吧
Janine the Machine, let's do this!
巴里
Hey, Barry.
快瞧瞧
Well, look at that.
我消耗了整整一卡路里
Burned a whole calorie.
你早早来这里锻炼是想消耗掉
I guess you got here early
那个我给你做的香焦面包的热量吧
to burn off that banana bread I baked you.
对啊 真的很好吃 谢谢
Yeah, it was delicious. Thank you.
不客气 我很乐意
No, my pleasure.
如果你喜欢香蕉面包
Oh, if you... if you like banana bread...
我有个很棒的做法
I've got a-a great recipe.
秘诀在...
The trick is in... in fresh ground...
我发电邮告诉你好了
I'll e-mail it to you.
好了 我热好身了
All right, I'm warm.
准备好加快速度吗
Ready to kick it up a notch?
开始吧
Let's go.
我的有氧运动做够了
That's enough cardio for me.
在我去练举重前
I'm just... gonna stretch out
我先拉拉筋
before I hit the weights.
你没事吧
You okay?
快叫人来
Call someone!
早上好 戴维斯夫人
Good day, Mrs. Davis.
我是拉杰什·库萨帕里博士
This is Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali
来自天体物理学部门
from the astrophysics department.
别紧张
Don't be alarmed,
我不是真的在外太空
I'm not really in space.
总之
Anyhoo...
我想借此机会
I'd like to take this opportunity
向您介绍下我自己
to tell you about myself,
所以坐好 放松 好好看
so sit back, relax and enjoy
接来下这90分钟的影片
the following 90-minute video.
不是吧
Oh, come on.
我出生于新德里
Born in New Delhi,
是一名妇科医生的第三个儿子
the third son of an itinerant gynecologist,
我自幼聪颖 有"神童"之称
I showed early signs of genius.
在五岁的时候 我发现一个天体
At the age of five, I discovered a celestial object
后来发现原来是"月亮"
which later turned out to be the moon.
戴维斯夫人 戴维斯夫人
Mrs. Davis? Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人
Mrs. Davis?
天啊 他们真是无所不在
God, they're everywhere.
进来吧
Come in.
库珀博士 你有何事
Dr. Cooper, how can I help you?
你也好 我挺好的
Yes, hello. I'm fine. Um...
我认为你对我的印象不怎么好
I understand you may have a bad impression of me,
所以我给你买♥♥了个礼物
so I bought you a gift.
库珀博士 这就多余了
Uh, Dr. Cooper, that's not necessary.
太晚了
It's too late.
准备好爱上我吧
Get ready to like me.
《根》
Roots?
讲述美国黑奴的悲惨历史
The tragic history of slavery in America.
可供你全家细细品味
Fun for the whole family.
你为何会觉得这种"礼物"会很合适
Why would you think this is an appropriate gift?
你是黑人 不是吗
You are black, right?
此次会面到此为止
This meeting has come to an end.
因为你想马上开始看这部剧
Because you want to start watching it right now.
明白明白
Copy that.
我看看
Let's see.
下一个要拜访的教职委员会委员是
Up next on the tenure committee is...
吴教授
Professor Wu.
准备好收我的"成龙全集大礼包"吧
Well, get ready for the complete works of Jackie Chan.
先生们
Gentlemen.
-你去哪了 -医务室
- Where have you been? - Nurse's office.
哮喘犯了吗
Asthma attack?
哮喘 心脏病 反正来了一发
Asthma, heart-- some kind of attack.
我没事
I'm fine, though.
你们要去塔伯曼教授的追悼会吗
You guys going to Professor Tupperman's memorial?
-不知道 -可能不会去
- I don't know. - Probably not.
和他不熟
Barely knew him.
是啊 你们可不想让其他人发现
Yeah, you wouldn't want to look like
你们在拍教职委员会委员们的马屁
you guys are brown-nosing the tenure committee,
他们可都会在场哦
who will all be there.
我正等着你们这反应呢 "丁满"姿态
Oh, yeah, that's what I was hoping for-- meerkats.
很不幸地告诉你 这周四的约会要泡汤了
I won't be able to make our date night this Thursday, so...
真是不好意思
bad news for you.
你这次的理由最好合理点
You better have a good excuse this time,
因为"要修整棉花棒 让掏耳朵更舒适"
because "trimming Q-tips to fit your ears right"
明显是胡扯
is obvious nonsense.
首先 你说这种话出来
First of all, when you say things like that,
大家会以为你是疯子
people think you're crazy.
第二 我取消这次约会是因为
Second, the reason I'm cancelling is because
我要参加塔伯曼教授的追悼会
I have to attend a memorial service for Professor Tupperman.
听起来就很浪费时间又无趣
It sounds like a long and tedious evening.
的确是
Eh, it will be.
说实在的 要是我想度过一个漫长无趣的夜晚
Honestly, if I must endure a long and tedious evening,
我宁愿选择和你约会
I'd rather it be with you on date night.
但我别无选择
But I have no choice.
教职选举委员会的人会出席
The tenure committee's going to be there.
这样的话 或许我也该去
Well, in that case, perhaps I should come along.
想想看的话
Well, now that I think about it,
你倒是可以帮上忙
that would be most helpful.
当然了
Of course it would.
我对学术界的人际关系非常精通
I'm well-versed in academic politics,
而且作为德高望重的科学家
and as a respected scientist,
我可以给你加分 让你成为候选人
I can only raise your stock as a candidate.
我的意思是你可以当我的司机
Actually, I meant you could drive me.
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表