我知道你们不想弄这事
Look, I know you guys don't want to do this,
但我们没得选好吗
but we have no choice.
你们大可以唧唧歪歪 浪费时间
So, you can either bitch and whine
也可以通力合作 早点搞定
or we can just get it over with.
我负责唧唧
I got "whine."
我负责歪歪
I got the "b word."
我们与学校的合约中
Yeah, well, it's in our contract
注明了得为大学委员会服务
to serve on a university committee.
老实说 我也认同这件事
And frankly, this is one I believe in.
主题就是
Okay, here we go.
鼓励更多女性加入科学领域
Encouraging more women to pursue a career in the sciences.
拜托 我要有本事说服女人
Come on, if I was any good
去做我想她们做的事
at convincing women to do stuff,
那我20多岁时 就不用常自己在浴室"自乐"了
I wouldn't have spent so much of my 20s in the shower.
要我说的话
If you ask me,
搞这事根本只是浪费时间
this whole thing is a waste of our time.
帮助女性浪费时间吗
Helping women?
帮人就是浪费时间
Yeah, helping anyone.
人们应该自己照顾自己
People should take care of themselves.
比如像昨天
Oh, like yesterday,
你叫我载你去干洗店
when you made me drive you to the dry cleaners,
药店跟邮局那样吗
the pharmacy and the post office?
我又没说人们不能使用工具
I'm not saying people can't use tools.
连水獭想吃蛤蜊时都知道用石头敲开了
Even an otter picks up a rock when he wants a clam.
你觉得花时间
You don't think it's worthwhile
让更多女性加入科学行业不好吗
to try to get more women working in science.
我觉得你太有性别歧视了
I think that's incredibly sexist of you.
我相信在性别平等的社会
I believe in a gender-blind society
比如《星际迷航》中 各个种族
like in Star Trek, where women and men
信仰各异的男女都平等地一起共事
of all races and creeds work side by side as equals.
你是说那个先进到能发明出
You mean where they were advanced enough
能进行恒星际旅行的曲速引擎
to invent an interstellar warp drive,
却还是让一个黑人女性接太空电♥话♥的世界吗
but a black lady still answered the space phone?
我的浴室"自乐"时间有不少是跟
Oh, I did spend a lot of my shower time
乌乎拉通讯官度过的
with Lieutenant Uhura.
先不管霍华德的下流回忆
Howard's disturbing recollections aside,
我不喜欢被逼去做这些
I don't appreciate being forced to do
平庸的委员会工作
banal committee work.
是是是 太大材小用了
Yes, I know, you're too smart for this.
没错
Exactly.
霹雳火是《神奇四侠》里的人物 能让全身变成火焰
就跟叫霹雳火
It's like asking the Human Torch
来热你的冷冻玉米煎饼一样
to heat up your frozen burrito.
明白
Got it.
我想到了一个
All right, I'm thinking one way
避免在同行评审阶段遭受歧视的方法
to counter bias in the peer-review process,
就是报告都用中性名字递交
is for papers to be submitted under gender-neutral names.
比如S·史密斯
Like S. Smith
而不是沙曼莎·史密斯
instead of Samantha Smith.
专业领域的某些女性使用缩写名
I suppose there is a history of professional women
来避免先入为主的批判 的确行之有年了
using their initials, so as not to be pre-judged.
《哈利波特》作者 J.K.罗琳
Harry Potter's J.K. Rowling,
《星际迷航》编剧 D.C.丰塔纳
uh, Star Trek's D.C. Fontana.
范奈斯市的钢管舞♥女♥ DD杯·麦伦[巨♥乳♥]
Van Nuys pole-dancer D.D. Melons.
好啦 我们今天有帮到女性了
All right, I think we've really helped women today.
来打电动吧
Let's fire up the old Xbox.
你们俩 拜托别让历史重演
Guys, please don't make this a school project
小时候做报告 聪明孩子做全部
where I'm the smart kid doing all the work
其他懒鬼就在旁边看着
while the slackers sit back and watch.
我们才不是呢
No, we're not.
这次是聪明孩子负责做全部工作
This time you're the smart kid doing all the work
而更聪明的孩子在旁边看着
while the even smarter kids sit back and watch.
你觉得我也是更聪明的孩子吗
So, you think I'm one of the smarter kids?
不是 你只是我用来证明论点的工具
No, you're a tool I was using to make my point.
我们的主题是"鼓励女性加入科学领域"
Guys, our topic is "Encouraging Women in Science."
你们俩不能玩少点性别歧视的游戏吗
Can you at least play a less sexist game?
这哪有歧视女性
How is it sexist?
我的角色能像男人一样把大战锤挥起来
My character wields a battle axe as well as any man.
更别说她有着超发达的乳腺
Not to mention she has mammary glands
足够喂养一家三十口
that could nurse a family of 30.
而且剩下来的量
And have enough milk left over
都够开冰激凌店用了
to open a Baskin Robbins.
母亲 战士公主 冰激凌加盟店老板
Mother, warrior-princess, franchise owner--
女性职场障碍全被打爆啊
I hear glass ceilings shattering all over town.
谢尔顿 你老说
Sheldon, you're always saying
你比我聪明无数倍
how much smarter you are than me.
那你能用五秒钟想出一个
Spend five seconds and come up with one idea
能让更多女性加入科学领域的方法吗
on how to get more women into science.
你的所有点子都仅限于学术界阶段的问题
All your ideas address the issue at a university level.
但那阶段已经太晚了
By then it's too late.
你应该设计一个扩展研究
You need to design an outreach program
把目标延伸到中学阶段的少女们
that targets girls at the middle school level
把她们导向追求学术
and sets them on an academic track
迈向硬科学的道路之上
towards the hard sciences.
还真是个好点子
That's actually good.
我怎么就没想到呢
Why didn't I think of that?
有些人是水獭 而有些人就只是石头
Some people are otters, some people are rocks.
有没有什么方法
I wonder if there's a way
可以先试验一下这点子呢
we could give the idea a trial run.
我可以试试打电♥话♥给我以前的中学
Maybe I could call my old middle school,
看我们能不能跟一些女学生聊聊
see if we can talk to some of the female students.
这不错啊 安排一下
That's great-- try to set up something
让我们三个去那里试试
for the three of us to go over there.
先等等吧
Oh, hold on.
虽然我对谈科学没有任何问题
While I'm comfortable speaking about science,
但我不确定能否勾起中学女孩的兴趣
I'm not sure I know how to spark the interest of schoolchildren.
我先上网搜搜吧
Better Google it.
你打算搜什么关键句
What exactly are you looking up?
"如何让12岁少女兴[性]奋"
"How do I get 12-year-old girls excited."
不要 快住手
No! No!
再次感谢你们让我参一脚"闺蜜之夜"
Thanks again for letting me crash "girls' night."
开什么玩笑
Are you kidding?
你带来上好的红酒 还给我们做芝士火锅
You brought fancy wine and made fondue.
比这小的好处我都"睡"过了
I've slept with guys for less.
开玩笑啦
It's a joke.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Based on real events.
总之 我希望可以
Anyway, I was hoping I could, uh,
向你们请教一下
pick your brains a little.
我周五要跟露西约会
I'm supposed to take Lucy out Friday
我需要一个超棒的初次约会
and I need a killer first date.
进化生物学说 女人容易被
Well, evolutionary biology says that women are attracted
临危不乱的男人所吸引
to a man who is steady in the face of danger,
所以我建议去危险的地方
so I recommend an unsafe environment.
去贫民区破旧的酒吧
Seedy bar on the wrong side of the tracks...
去疯人院附近野餐
picnic near a lunatic asylum...
去贫民窟品酒
a wine tasting on Skid Row.
露西有社交焦虑症
Eh, Lucy has some, uh, social anxiety issues.
或许我们可以从简单点的地方着手
Maybe we could start with something simpler.
你何不带她去迪士尼乐园
Why don't you take her to Disneyland?
你们可以玩室内过山车
You go on Space Mountain,
两人处于黑暗中 她紧紧抓住你
you're in the dark, she's holding onto you.
但千万要记住
Yeah, but you just have to remember,
那比你想象中还快结束
that ride is shorter than you think
终点前还会给你俩拍照
and they take a picture of you at the end,
所以记得在那之前就穿回衣服
so make sure you got your clothes back on.
开玩笑啦
It's a joke.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Based on real events.
迪士尼乐园 我不知道该不该去
Mm, Disneyland? I don't know.
人挤人 还有奇怪的角色玩偶人四处游走
With all the crowds and the weird characters walking around,
会让我有一种在印度的错觉
just reminds me too much of India.
我从来没去过迪士尼
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表