剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
I have a proposal.
我代表科尼利厄斯·范德比尔特先生
On behalf of Mr. Cornelius Vanderbilt.
拉兹洛
Laszlo.
抱歉
I apologize.
我无意叨扰你
It was not my intention to intrude upon you.
我不想吵醒你
Didn't want to wake you.
睡眠如今对我们都很难得
Sleep is a rare commodity for us both these days.
我给约翰打了电♥话♥ 告诉他你在哪
I phoned John to let him know where you were.
希望你不介意
I hope you don't mind.
当然不
Of course not.
多谢你了
That was very courteous of you.
他说什么了吗
Did he say anything?
只是喃喃道
Only mumbled about extremes you're
你为了避免冲突还是对话真是不惜一切
willing to go to avoid either confrontation or conversation.
是哪个我忘了
I forget which.
都适用
Both apply.
如果你想谈谈
If you'd like to talk about it...
还是不了
I would not.
如果我已经知道是什么事 会更好些吗
Would it help if I already knew what it was concerning?
不会
No.
这些盒子里肯定有线索
There must be a clue in these boxes.
莉比的妈妈是个很有趣的女人
Libby's mother is a very interesting woman.
她缺乏共情 哪怕是对亲生女儿
She lacks empathy, even for her own daughter.
如果她不想要
Why choose to have a child
又何必生孩子
if that was not what she wanted?
或许她真心以为自己能做到
Perhaps she genuinely believed herself capable.
或是她被迫
Or she felt pressured.
那毕竟是女性的使命
It is a woman's purpose, after all.
你准备好了吗
You ready?
来吧
Come on ahead.
很好
Great.
别动
Hold it.
完美 就像你在带她看这里
Perfect. Like you're showing her around.
这边看 小姐
This way, Miss.
在她的新床边拍一张
Let's get one by her new bed.
莉比
Libby?
停下
Stop! Stop!
不
No!
不
No.
放手 该死
Let go, damn it!
对不起我带走了他 但我做不到
I'm sorry I took him, but I couldn't do it.
我恨你
I hate you.
我恨你
I hate you!
你跟他们一样
You're just like the rest of them.
不 我为你回来了
No! I came back for you.
莉比 我为你回来了
Libby, I came back for you.
还有我们的儿子
And our boy.
我为我们的儿子回来了
I came back for our boy.
我们是一家人
We're a family.
我们的儿子
Our boy.
好乖
Such a good boy.
好乖
Oh, such a good boy!
好乖
Oh, such a good boy.
好乖
Such a good boy.
这是什么
What is this?
这是什么
What is this?
是关于你女儿
It's about your daughter.
对不起
I'm sorry.
女杀人犯的孩子跟外婆团聚
不 这是什么
No. What is this?
你去哪了
Where have you been?
昨晚很累
It was a long night.
如果我是你 今晚也别打算睡了
If I were you, I'd expect another one.
为什么 发生什么了
Why? What's happened?
那混♥蛋♥
That bastard.
他背着我
He's gone behind my back
利用那孩子 想把莉比引出来
and used that child to lure Libby out of hiding,
你未婚妻的父亲也帮他做这个骗局
and your fiancée's father aids him in the deceit.
范德比尔特肯定支持了他们
Vanderbilt must've endorsed it.
希望你不是在为他们说话
I hope you're not defending them.
当然不是
Of course not.
我只是想推测出前因后果
I'm simply trying to deduce the sequence of events
这样我们都不必打无准备之仗
so neither of us goes off half-cocked.
-我有意... -莎拉 别急
- Oh, I intend to-- - Sara, take a breath.
你跟拉兹洛通话了吗
Have you spoken with Laszlo?
他正要来接我
He's on his way to pick me up.
我们要回布鲁克林
We're headed back to Brooklyn
看看能不能把那可怜孩子从他们手里抢出来
to see if we can wrestle the poor child from their clutches.
我去应付赫斯特
I shall deal with Hearst myself.
我反正也一直想
There's another conversation
跟他谈另一件事
I've been meaning to have with him anyway.
好吧
Fine.
等等
Wait...
我回头告诉你
I shall update you later.
再联♥系♥
I'll be in touch.
有悖常理
Perverse?
你最好别跟我谈这个 摩尔先生
I don't think you wanna go down this road with me, Mr. Moore.
你为了新闻自♥由♥之名
Is there no outrage you will not defend
真的毫无下限吗
in the name of free press?
莉比·哈奇比战争更能带动销量
Libby Hatch sells more papers than the war.
那孩子呢
And what of the child?
你就不关心她的安康吗
Have you no concern for her wellbeing?
在我看来
Well, as far as I can see,
她的生活质量大大提升了呢
her quality of life is elevated significantly.
可惜我们亲爱的维奥蕾特不是
I wish I could say the same for our beloved Violet,
但自从她...
but ever since she--
这跟维奥蕾特毫无关系
This has nothing to do with Violet.
那就是问题所在 是吧
That's the problem, isn't it?
你似乎毫不在意她
She seems to be of no concern to you at all.
你太过分了 赫斯特先生
You're out of line, Mr. Hearst.
是吗
Am I?
你的私事我不管 约翰
Your private affairs are of no concern to me, John,
只要它们不被公开
as long as they remain private.
很不幸 你和霍华德小姐的关系
Unfortunately, your relationship with Miss Howard
是有目共睹的
is out there for all to see.
我作为男人跟你说这个
Now, I say this man to man:
我想我们都清楚
I think we both understand
你的婚姻具有交易性质
there's a transactional nature to your marriage,
很多婚姻都是如此
as there is with many.
但维奥蕾特
But Violet...
是个好姑娘
is a lovely young woman,
我不希望她受伤
and I do not wish to see her hurt.
我也不希望
Nor do I.
那你清楚你该做什么
Then you know what you have to do.
我得赶去跟人见面了
I must run to a meeting.
全家人今晚要在戴尔莫尼科餐馆吃饭
The whole family is gathering at Delmonico's tonight
谈论在纽波特度夏的事
to argue out summer plans in Newport.
我们会为卧室抽签
We draw lots for the bedrooms.
很好玩的
It's good fun.
你务必要去
I'll expect to see you there.
-你住这里 -我们跟伯恩一起的
- You live here? - We're with Byrnes.
让开
Step aside.
开门
Open the door!
小点声吧 她随时可能会来
Shut your bone box. She could be here any minute.
范德比尔特让我负责此案
Vanderbilt put me in charge of this case,
我不能允许你或赫斯特先生
and I will now allow you or Mr. Hearst
以他的或我的名义利用那可怜的孩子
to exploit the poor child in his name or in mine.
亨特太太同意这个计划了
Mrs. Hunter consented to the plan.
你说这是帮范德比尔特先生个忙的
You said it was a personal favor to Mr. Vanderbilt.
你外孙女是无辜者
Your granddaughter is an innocent.
她不该被登报示众
She does not deserve to be paraded around for the papers,
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表