剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
Miss Violet asked that the bill be on her account, Mr. Moore.
天啊
Goodness.
约翰 我们得快走了
John, we must hurry.
那好吧
Sure, fine.
那 谢谢了 莫里斯
Okay, well, uh, thank you, Maurice.
女士们
Ladies.
这里比较挤 约翰
It's somewhat of a tight squeeze in here, John.
嗯
Yeah.
辛辛监狱 快点
Sing Sing Prison! And hurry, please!
释放玛莎·奈普
Free Martha Napp! Free Martha Napp!
释放玛莎·奈普
Free Martha Napp!
释放玛莎·奈普
Free Martha Napp! Free Martha Napp!
释放玛莎·奈普
Free Martha Napp!
真是美妙的早上 先生们
It's a glorious morning, gentlemen.
伯恩先生
Mr. Byrnes!
您是以什么身份来的 伯恩先生
In what capacity are you here, Mr. Byrnes?
典狱长请我来观察
The warden has asked me to observe
以确保流程公正公平
to be sure that these proceedings are just and fair.
我们在展示新时代的奇迹之一
We're demonstrating one of the new wonders of the age.
电椅要比绞刑
The electric chair is considerably more humane
-人道得多 -伯恩先生
- than death by hanging. - Mr. Byrnes!
[男]人在电椅上不会失禁
A fellow won't shit his pantaloons in the chair--
女人也不会
a woman, neither.
勇敢的男人不会为杀一个女人而聚集起来
Brave men do not gather to murder a woman.
那伊丽莎白·卡迪·斯坦顿的抗♥议♥呢
And what of Elizabeth Cady Stanton's protests?
这不是勇气 这是懦夫行为
This is not courage. It's cowardice.
她已在法庭上受审
She was tried in a court of law.
公平审判
Fairly tried.
尸体在哪 这太过分了
Where is the body? This is an outrage!
为玛莎寻求正义
Justice for Martha!
我们谴责谋杀
We condemn murder!
小心 姑娘们
Be careful, girls!
为玛莎寻求正义 为女性寻求正义
Justice for Martha! Justice for women!
我们谴责谋杀 阻止酷刑
莎拉
Sara!
尽力而为
Do what you can.
我们会的 伊丽莎白
We will, Elizabeth! We will!
拯救玛莎·奈普
Save Martha Napp! Save Martha Napp!
借过
Excuse me. Excuse me.
-媒体 -让他过来
- Press! - Let him through.
-约翰·摩尔 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 -好
- John Moore, "New York Times." - Yeah, that's fine.
莎拉·霍华德 纽约警局
Sara Howard, New York Police Department.
那过期了 霍华德小姐
This is out of date, Miss Howard.
好兄弟 我们刚看着托马斯·伯恩
My good man, we just observed Thomas Byrnes,
前纽约警局局长
the former commissioner of the New York Police Department,
走进去
enter through here.
你可没问他要证件
You did not peruse his papers.
那可是伯恩先生
Well, that's Mr. Byrnes,
一位前局长有权...
and I think a former commissioner deserves--
我是遵照
I am here from Washington
西奥多·罗斯福的指示从华盛顿赶过来的
under the express orders of Theodore Roosevelt,
也就是海军部副部长
the Assistant Secretary of the Navy,
他可是直接
and he reports directly,
向美国总统做报告
directly to the President of the United States.
警官 或许你该想想这个 滚远点
So, officer, maybe you want to think about that and hop to.
是 女士 霍华德小姐
Yes, ma'am-- Miss Howard.
你的狐假虎威从容不迫 霍华德小姐
You dissemble with admirable ease, Miss Howard.
我发现有能力偶尔撒个
I have found being able to tell a small,
无害谎言是宝贵技能 摩尔先生
white lie on occasion is a most useful skill, Mr. Moore.
我不介意死 克雷泽勒博士
I don't mind dying, Dr. Kreizler.
真的
I don't.
但我介意
But what I do mind
到死都不知道我的女儿怎么了
is dying and not knowing what happened to my baby girl.
我能拜托你件事吗
Can I ask you for something?
尽管说
Ask anything of me.
等我死后 你要找到她
When I'm gone, you find her.
找到我的女儿
You find my baby girl.
你能保证吗 博士
You promise me, Doctor?
我保证 玛莎
I promise you, Martha.
他们会想镇♥压♥我们 但我们绝不沉默
They will try to crush us, but we will not be silenced!
放开她
Get off of her!
如果你找到她 把这给她
If you find her, you can give it to her.
罗斯福没来电♥话♥ 是吗
Roosevelt never called, did he?
没有缓刑
There'll be no reprieve.
有遗言吗
Any last words?
停下
Stop!
我们得阻止行刑
We have to stop this!
看来也是个闹事的女人
One of the female agitators, I see.
这女人是无辜的
This woman is innocent!
这太过分了 天理不容
This is an outrage, an abomination!
真让人意外 霍华德小姐
I am surprised, Miss Howard,
你这样身份的女士
a lady of your bearing should be participatin'
也参与如此无法无天的胡闹
in such hooliganism and lawlessness.
"偶尔的反叛
"A little rebellion now and then
是好事" 伯恩先生
is a good thing," Mr. Byrnes.
无政♥府♥主义者和闹事者的言论
The words of anarchists and agitators.
那是托马斯·杰斐逊说的 伯恩先生
They're the words of Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Byrnes.
警官们 别这样
Officers, please.
霍华德小姐有宪法权利
Miss Howard is a lady with a constitutional right
表达想法
to speak her mind.
莎拉 我们已经输了
Sara, we have lost the battle.
-够了 -放开我
- Enough. - Let go of me!
我问你们 安静♥坐♥在这里围观的人
I ask you all, as you sit here silently spectating,
被杀孩子的尸体在哪
where is the body of the murdered child?
在哪
Where?
你们真可耻
Shame on you.
你们所有人都好可耻
Shame on you all.
加倍 两千伏
Double it! 2,000 volts!
克雷泽勒机构
史蒂文会送你去纽♥约♥时♥报♥社
Stevie will take you to "The New York Times."
拉兹洛 等等
Laszlo, wait.
我不需要同情 约翰
I have no need for pity, John.
你走吧
You should leave.
如果我这样
I would not be a friend
丢下你一人还算什么朋友
if I were to leave you alone like this.
你说什么都不会让这一天
But there is nothing you can say that will
不那么让人难过
make this day seem any less objectionable.
玛莎·奈普信任了我
Martha Napp put her faith in me.
我会写出她的故事
And I shall write about her
让全纽约知道这不公的事
and all of New York will know of this injustice.
她绝不会白死
She will not have died in vain.
我不能完全确定玛莎并不想死
I'm not at all certain that Martha did not want to die.
什么意思
What do you mean?
她进入行刑室前
She was already dead
就早已心死
before she entered that execution chamber.
她唯一的挂念是她的女婴
Her only thought was for her infant child,
而偷走孩子的人 杀死了玛莎
and whoever stole that child killed Martha
简直就像亲自拉下了电闸
as surely as if they had pulled the lever themselves.
举起手来面对我
Put your hands up and face me.
原地别动
Stay where you are!
我差点打着你
I could've shot you.
那你算帮我了
You would have been doing me a service.
我鼻子里烧肉的味儿
I can't seem to get rid of the smell of burning flesh
挥之不去 这很奇怪
out of my nostrils, which is curious,
因为那已不再是感官感觉
because it's no longer a physical sensation,
而是我对今天发生的事的回忆
but my memory of what happened today.
请进吧
Come in, please.
你要喝什么 拉兹洛
What would you drink, Laszlo?
来一杯勃艮第吧
Would have a glass of burgundy.
我有美国波本酒 加水还是不加
I have American bourbon. Straight up or watered down?
要那个好了
I will have that.
你勇敢的新冒险怎么样了 侦探
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表