剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
让她觉得是审问
like an interrogation to her.
我说的是另一种方式
I'm talking about something else entirely--
一种进入她潜意识的方式
a way to gain entry to her unconscious mind.
什么意思
What do you mean?
催眠领域取得了
There have been bold new advances
大胆的新进展 莎拉
in the field of hypnosis, Sara,
来自巴黎的萨尔佩特里埃学院
from the Salpêtrière School in Paris.
我认为提出这样一种
I hardly think it's appropriate to suggest
几乎未经检验的方法
a method so untried and untested
来寻找他们失踪的孩子不太合适
as a cure-all for finding their missing child.
我们先询问佣人
Let us first interview the staff,
然后从他们入手
and then we will proceed from there.
请坐
Please, sit.
你叫什么名字
And what is your name?
他们叫我弗兰西丝 或者弗兰妮
They call me Frances. Frannie.
弗兰妮 请告诉我
And tell me, Frannie,
房♥子里有毒药吗
are there any poisons kept in the house?
毒药
Poison?
用来对付害虫的 有时候还有老鼠
For the vermin-- rats, sometimes.
我们花♥园♥里之前有老鼠
We had rats in the garden,
所以夫人让我们在外面撒过毒药
so the señora asked us put down poison outside.
你在利纳雷斯家工作多久了
How long have you worked for the Linares family?
到现在两年了
For two years now.
他们都是好人
They're good people.
你负责什么工作
And what is it you do?
请看这边
Eyes over here, please.
-你负责什么工作 -我是厨师
- What is it you do? - I'm the cook.
你认为夫人是一位好母亲吗
Would you say the señora is a good mother?
我大多待在厨房♥里
I mainly stay in the kitchens.
还有多少人在厨房♥工作
And how many people work in the kitchens?
通常只有我和厨师
Usually it's only me and Cook,
除非大使在家举办招待会 有客人来
unless the Ambassador got a reception on and they got guests.
你有没有带孩子
Have you ever brought the child
去过西格尔-库珀百货公♥司♥
to the Siegel Cooper department store?
夫人 请不要哭
Please, ma'am. Don't cry.
你照顾孩子很用心
You minded the child.
大多数时候是的
Most of the time, yes.
先生和夫人看起来幸福吗
Do Señor and Señora seem happy to you?
拉兹洛
Laszlo.
谢谢
Gracias.
你和每个人都谈过了吗
You spoke to everybody?
应该是
I believe so.
我能和您妻子谈谈吗
Is it possible that I could speak with your wife,
利纳雷斯先生
Se?or Linares?
她在休息呢
She is resting.
这真是太痛苦了
It has been such an ordeal.
但这事很重要 也许...
But it's important. Perhaps--
今天不行
Not today.
我理解
I understand.
我本来以为我们能问出
I'd hoped our interviews would have yielded
更多结果
more fruitful results.
我们唯一的两个线索
The only two avenues open to us
是西格-库珀百货的娃娃
are the doll from Siegel-Cooper
还有奈普家孩子的尸体
and the body of the Napp child.
我们继续查下去的只有这两个
That's all we have to go on.
我不想提出催眠的想法
The reason I don't want to raise the idea of hypnosis
是我坚信
is that I'm of the firm conviction
利纳雷斯先生会强烈反对
that Se?ora Linares would strongly disapprove.
这毕竟是你的案子 莎拉
It is your case, Sara.
如果我们降生到这种悲惨境地
Who amongst us would not be similarly fallen from grace
谁不会同样甘于堕落
were we born into such misery?
当这些年轻女性本应恪守贞洁妇道
When these young women should be practicing chastity
公开课
讲授人 马科医生
谋杀 疯狂和母性
使自身脱离贫困生活...
to live themselves above destitution...
公开课
有太多的底层人士屈从于了诱惑
Too many of the lower classes give in to seduction.
但是
However,
我没有资格对这些可怜妇女的灵魂
it is not my place to render moral judgement
提出道德批判
on the souls of these poor women.
我唯一能做的是给予她们援助
All I can do is give them succor.
谢谢
Thank you.
您多高尚啊 不去对这些妇女的灵魂提出
How very good of you not to render moral judgment
道德批判 马科医生
on the souls of these women, Dr. Markoe.
您讽刺我 克雷泽勒博士
You mock me, Dr. Kreizler.
但仅仅是因为您在法庭上输了
But only because you lost in court.
您的虚荣心需要得到满足
Your vanity demands satisfaction.
发现了个婴儿
There's been a child found.
是被谋杀的
Murdered.
约翰·摩尔 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的
John Moore, "New York Times."
玛莎·奈普被行刑后 婴儿的尸体
The body of the child was found in the department store
才在百货公♥司♥里被发现
after Martha Napp was executed.
但谁能说那婴儿就是奈普的孩子
But who's to say that the child is in fact the Napp baby?
我亲自去旁观了解剖
I took it upon myself to observe the autopsy.
克雷泽勒博士可以确认孩子的身份
Dr. Kreizler was able to make a positive identification.
绝对就是那孩子
It was emphatically the child.
也许精神病学家弄错了吧
Perhaps the Alienist is wrong?
这事让您觉得好笑吗 马科医生
Does this amuse you, Dr. Markoe?
你把一个母亲送上了电刑椅
You had a mother executed,
而现在有了证据证明她不是凶手
and now there's proof she was not a murderer.
这指控太骇人听闻了 克雷泽勒博士
That is an outrageous claim to make, Dr. Kreizler.
骇人听闻
Outrageous.
您如何解释在您医疗监护之下的
How do you account for a woman
一位妇女
under your medical supervision
现在躺在穷♥人♥公墓里
now lying six feet under in Potter's Field?
现在发现玛莎的孩子死了 凶手显然不是她
How do you account for her child now being found dead,
您怎么看
manifestly not murdered by Martha?
您能解释一下吗
Would you now care to explain yourself?
还要有多少无辜的人要遭受苦难
How many more innocents must suffer?
总算来了
Finally.
你知道那该死的克雷泽勒今晚跑这来找我了吗
You know that damned Kreizler accosted me here tonight?
当着我所有同事的面责问我
Asking questions in front of all my colleagues
他们在一家百货公♥司♥
about this damned dead baby
还是天知道什么地方发现的一个该死的孩子
they found in a department store or God knows where.
这个人很讨厌
The man's a nuisance.
和他一起的《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的先生是谁
Who was that gentleman with him from "The New York Times"?
应该是约翰·摩尔
That would be John Moore.
谁都知道他们俩混在一起
They've been known to consort,
插手警♥察♥的事情
interfering with police business.
他和莎拉·霍华德
Him and, uh, Sara Howard.
这个精神病学家想要毁掉我和
The Alienist seeks to ruin me
妇产医院...
and the Lying-In Hospital--
想要毁掉我们大家
seeks to ruin all of us.
他就像见到骨头的狗
He's like a dog with a bone.
一条需要知道谁是它主人的狗
A dog just needs to know who his master is.
我来处理吧
I'll take care of it.
我们会搞定他和他那一伙
We'll fix him and the rest of his pack.
泰勒制帽
比茜 我们直接闯进她的办公室
Hey, Bitsy, is it all right if we go straight through
-可以吗 -当然
- to her office? - Of course.
她等着你们呢
She's expecting you.
-你好卢修斯 -你好
- Hello, Lucius. - Hello.
如果我没弄错的话
If I'm not very much mistaken,
计划可不是这样的 拉兹洛
this was not part of the plan, Laszlo.
先生们 解剖的结果有了吗
Gentlemen, do we have results from the autopsy?
我们还在对毒进行分♥析♥
We'll still analyzing the poisons.
但是 我们查明了其中一个成分
However, we have identified one component.
是颠茄
It's a nightshade.
推测的话应该是东莨菪碱
Hyoscine if we were to surmise,
是一种镇定剂 但是
a calming agent, but--
单次剂量过大会致死
Lethal in too big a dose.
哪里能弄到这种药
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表