剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
我跟您还没那么熟络呢
I'm quite sure I don't know you well enough,
吉尔德斯里弗先生
Mr. Gildersleeve.
那我们可以熟络一下
Well, we can, uh, remedy that.
摩尔先生是否已告诉你我有事要拜托您
Did Mr. Moore inform you that I may have a favor to ask?
你真是格外地直接 霍华德小姐
You are uncommonly direct, Miss Howard.
小心了 奥吉
Oh, be warned, Oggie.
这女人向来有话直说
This woman tends to speak her mind.
我恐怕耽搁不起
I'm afraid I cannot delay.
这事非常重要
The matter is rather important.
不管是什么事 霍华德小姐
Well, whatever it is, Miss Howard,
我愿为您效劳
I'm at your disposal.
她的房♥间准备好了
Her room is ready.
我这就送她过去 马科医生
I'm bringing her there now, Dr. Markoe.
我的宝宝呢
Where is my baby?
-我想见她 -嗯
- I want to see her. - Yes.
我的宝宝呢
Where is my baby?
你的孩子被天使带走了 亲爱的
Your child is with the angels now, my dear.
不
No.
不不不
No, no, no, no, no. No!
-拜托 -不
- Please. - No, no, no!
不要啊
Please, no, no, no, no!
-舍监 -不不
- Matron? - No, no, no, no!
-好了 -不不
- Oh, yes. - No, no, no, no!
不
No.
不要啊
No, please, please, no.
不
No...
带她回房♥
Take her to her room.
第二大道和18街
2nd and 18th.
大家下车
Everybody off...
纽约市妇产医院
我摔倒了
I fell.
需要我帮你叫人吗
Can I call someone for you?
格蕾丝
Grace!
你在这里
There you are.
回床上来 这就对了
Come back to bed. That's it.
真乖
That's a good girl...
你似乎迷路了
You seem to be lost.
我可能是拐错了弯
I seem to have taken a wrong turn.
来 给这些妈妈们点隐私吧
Come, let's give these mommies their privacy.
你好像没告诉我你为何而来
I don't believe you told me the nature of your visit.
我是莎拉·霍华德 我是来见马科医生的
I'm Sara Howard. I've come to see Dr. Markoe.
请
Please.
你是吉尔德斯里弗家的朋友
So you are a friend of the Gildersleeves?
但我们似乎曾见过 霍华德小姐
But I feel we've met a prior occasion, Miss Howard.
我相信你很清楚我们之前在哪见过
I believe you know quite well where we met previously.
是的
Yes, yes, I do.
你就是那位企图
You were the young lady, in fact,
阻止可怜的玛莎·奈普被处决的姑娘
who tried to impede the execution of poor Martha Napp.
你是来指责我的吧
I take it you're here to accuse me.
你似乎对玛莎·奈普的宝宝在她死后
You seem unconcerned that Martha Napp's baby
被发现一事毫不在意
was discovered after her death.
我不像你说的那样 毫不在意 霍华德小姐
I am not unconcerned, as you put it, Miss Howard.
恰恰相反 我不知该怎么办
On the contrary, I am at my wit's end.
我经常见到玛莎·奈普这样的姑娘
I see young girls like Martha Napp all the time.
穷困 没受过教育 很容易落入虎口
Poor, uneducated, easily preyed upon.
她们的孩子往往没人要 而受到伤害
Often, the child is not wanted, and harm is done to it.
很遗憾 这并非少有的事
It is regrettably not an uncommon experience.
如果您不介意 马科医生
If you don't mind, Dr. Markoe,
我更想说具体的事
I prefer to deal in specifics
而不是谈论大体情况
rather than generalities.
我直说吧 玛莎·奈普的宝宝被发现中了
To speak candidly, Martha Napp's baby was poisoned
只有你这样的医院里才有的毒药
with a drug found only in hospitals such as yours.
这的确是件可怕的事
It is a terrible business, I grant you.
但要说事实却少得可怜
But as to the facts, they are lamentably scarce.
有些事实是不容置疑的
Certainly some facts are unassailable.
你清楚宝宝被上报失踪那晚
Do you know exactly what happened
具体发生了什么吗
on the night the baby was reported missing,
准确的事件经过
the precise sequence of events,
是谁上报的 当时有谁在
who reported it, who was there?
如果可以 请直白回答
Speak to this plainly if you can.
霍华德小姐 本医院的工作
Miss Howard, the work we do at this hospital
能得以完成 是离不开诸多
could not be accomplished without the generosity
很富有的人的捐助的
of a great number of very wealthy people.
尽管如此 我们也得自给自足
That said, we need to be self-sustaining,
所以我们很多员工只是护工
so many of our staff are simply ward girls.
-护工 -穷困潦倒的年轻姑娘
- Ward girls? - Poor, destitute young women
很遗憾 她们的孩子往往在分娩时夭折
who, sadly, often lose their infants in childbirth.
她们别无去处
They have nowhere else to go.
但她们算不上可靠证人
But they are not reliable witnesses.
如果有证人 不管是否可靠
If there are witnesses, reliable or otherwise,
那就必然有关于
then surely there is also a report
那晚的事的报告
concerning what happened that night.
没有报告
There is no report.
我们这些医生和护士
We doctors and nurses
是不完美的公仆 霍华德小姐
are imperfect servants of the state, Miss Howard.
但是 告诉我你想看什么
However, tell me what it is you want to see.
我们的工作无可隐瞒
There is nothing about our work we want to hide.
那样的话
In that case,
我很想看看玛莎·奈普的病房♥
I would very much like to see Martha Napp's room.
玛莎和她的宝宝那晚就在这个病房♥
Martha and her baby were in this room on that night.
跟她同♥房♥♥的还有谁
Who was she in a room with?
她是一个人 她感染了
She was alone. She had an infection.
只能单独住
Had to be kept separate.
-什么样的感染 -肠道感染
- What kind of infection? - Bowel.
这有书面记录吗
Would this be written down somewhere?
肯定留有档案吧
There must be a file kept, surely.
病例
Medical records.
肯定有的
I'm sure there would,
但我们总不能随便拿给
but we can't be giving them out
张三李四的看
to every rag, tag, and bobtail.
-她怎么睡了 -她失血了
- Why is this one asleep? - Um, she lost some blood.
你都没注意查看她吗
Were you not checking on her?
她如果失血了就不该睡觉
She shouldn't sleep if she's bleeding.
你该知道的 真傻 傻 傻
You should know this. So stupid, stupid, stupid.
要我去叫医生吗 舍监
Do you want me to fetch a doctor, Matron?
不 待在这里 我去
No. Stay here, I'll go.
-她会... -她会没事的
- Will she be-- - She'll be fine.
醒醒
Wake up.
可以问你件事吗 护士
May I ask you something, nurse?
你喊我莉比就行
You can just call me Libby.
你认识玛莎·奈普吗
Did you know Martha Napp?
这曾是她的病房♥吗
Was this her room?
-她入院时是住这里 -后来呢
- It was when she came in. - But?
你说的那晚上她没睡这里
But not the night you're talking about.
如果她血都流到了床上
If she's bleeding through to the bed,
肯定是没包扎好
she's not been properly packed.
舍监 可以吗
Matron, if you don't mind.
莉比 请带霍华德小姐去等候室
Libby, please show Miss Howard to the waiting room.
我马上就去
I will follow shortly.
你可以跟我说说
Do you think you can tell me about
母性研究病房♥吗
the maternal research wing?
玛莎那晚就在那里吗
Is that where Martha was kept that night?
不是
No, no,
她在恢复和产后病房♥旁边的房♥间
she was in a room near the recovery and postpartum,
但你在那病房♥里看不出什么的
but the room, it won't tell you anything, though.
但你能告诉我些事吧
But you will, won't you?
不 我不能
No. No, I can't, I--
我不知道玛莎的宝宝怎么了
I don't know what happened to Martha's baby.
我们都不知道
None of us do.
-不 -停下
- No! - Stop!
安静
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表