剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
-说真的 我不... -拜托 莎拉
- Really, I don't-- - Please, Sara.
如果你不去 我的好友
I know my good friend Oggie Gildersleeve
奥吉·吉尔德斯里弗会很失望的
would be sorely disappointed by your absence.
我拿到了妇产医院
I have the file on Martha Napp
玛莎·奈普的病历
from the Lying-In Hospital.
看来是有病历的
So there is a file?
上面说那晚最后去查看
Says that the last person to check on Martha Napp
玛莎·奈普和她宝宝的雇员
and her baby that night was an employee
叫柯琳·莱德威奇
named Colleen Ledwidge.
我觉得最好的办法是
I think the best plan is that
有人去妇产医院卧底
someone goes into the Lying-In Hospital undercover.
-你吗 -不 比茜
- You? - No, Bitsy.
我倒想自己去 但马科已经认识我了
I would go myself, but Markoe already knows me.
看来可怜的奥吉
It seems poor Oggie
今晚不会缺伴侣了
will have no shortage of company this evening.
你什么意思 约翰
Why, whatever do you mean, John?
我猜你在想
I imagine you are thinking
吉尔德斯里弗家为一位前雇员
a letter of recommendation from the Gildersleeves
写的推荐信 在她寻找新工作时
about a former member of staff would not go unheeded
肯定会相当有帮助
should she be seeking future employment.
我相信他会鼎力相助的
I'm sure he'll do his utmost to be of assistance.
我们去哪啊
Where are we going, anyway?
蒙特罗斯一级牡蛎沙龙
敬你的订婚 约翰
Here's to your engagement, John.
这一天可算来了
Long time coming.
干杯
Cheers.
希望她让你幸福
I hope she makes you happy.
谢谢 塞拉斯 她是让我幸福
Thank you, Cyrus. She does.
为你骄傲 老朋友
Proud of you, old friend.
我一直为你留着这个
I, uh, I've been saving this for you.
塞拉斯
Cyrus.
雷司令
Charta Riesling.
你什么时候来 它都在
You stop by, and it's here waiting for you.
我真对你感激不尽
I really can't thank you enough.
我很高兴能帮上忙
I'm pleased to have been of assistance,
但这请求真的很不寻常
although it does seem a highly unusual request.
听上去有点...神神秘秘的
It all sounds rather, uh, cloak-and-dagger.
我知道你不会告诉我你在调查什么
I know you won't tell me the nature of your inquiries,
但约翰提到要为他的一篇报道
but John did mention something about research for him
做什么调研
for an article he plans to write.
为他吗
For him?
我还为他工作咯
I'm working for him, am I?
别喝那么多
Easy.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - You're welcome.
-他还好吗 -卢修斯吗
- Is he feeling okay? - Lucious?
嗯 他没事 这是他第一次
Oh, yeah, he's fine. This is a first for him.
你想吃点什么吗
You want to get some food?
乔安娜还在学法律吗 塞拉斯
Is Joanna still studying the law, Cyrus?
每天她都随手带着书
Every minute of the day, she's got her books out.
但年轻姑娘
Yeah, but this isn't the best place
不该在这种地方工作
for a young woman to be working.
她不是给费城一家报社干吗
Did she not work for the newspaper in Philly?
《费城论♥坛♥报》
"Philadelphia Tribune."
她想做那个
That's what she wants to do.
她想写作 回到报界
She wants to write, get back in the newspaper business.
要我去《时报》问问吗
Should I maybe ask at the "Times"?
约翰 那就太感谢了
John. That would be much appreciated.
我失陪一下
Please excuse me for a moment.
我哪天可以去你家吃晚饭吗
May I call on you for dinner sometime?
当然
Yes, of course.
约翰·斯凯勒·摩尔要结婚了
John Schuyler Moore is getting married.
我本来准备了笔记
I had prepared notes,
关于爱情真谛的有趣想法
whimsical thoughts on the nature of love.
关于与另一个人
Practical counsel in what it means
灵肉结合的重大意义的建议
to be united in body and soul with another being.
我本想说很多
All that I had wanted to say,
但我现在意识到 我说不出来了
but now I realize I cannot offer you any of these thoughts
因为我有点醉了
as I'm somewhat tipsy.
而且我似乎把笔记
And it seems I have left my notes
落在之前的地方了
in our previous establishment.
约翰
John...
能与你做朋友是我莫大的荣幸
It is my great privilege to be your friend.
如伏尔泰所说
And as Voltaire said,
"唯有高尚的人才有朋友"
"Virtuous men alone possess friends."
你的确是个高尚的人
You are indeed a virtuous man,
精神自♥由♥ 灵魂不安分
a free spirit, restless soul,
拥有善良 勇敢和激♥情♥
blessed with kindness, bravery, and passion.
你有时鲁莽
You are sometimes reckless,
绝对很粗心
certainly careless,
有时不可救药
and occasionally hopeless.
但是
But...
我真诚地希望 祝愿
It is my sincerest hope, wish,
维奥蕾特像我们一样看待你
that Violet sees you as we do,
像我们一样在乎你
cares for you like we do,
也将像我们一样了解你
will know you as we have known you,
像我们一样
and will love you
爱你
like we do.
如果她敢的话
Should she dare.
敬约翰
To John.
敬约翰
To John.
高尚的人
Virtuous man!
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表