剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
She could administer that milk to an infant if she wanted to.
我们觉得我们不能对马科放松警惕
I'd like us to not lose sight of Markoe.
拉兹洛 精神侧写显示可能是女性
Laszlo, the psychology of the profile fits a woman,
证据指向她们两人之一
and the evidence points to one of these two.
但马科负责监督舍监
But Markoe oversees the Matron.
或许不是他抱走了孩子
He may not have taken the child,
但他肯定还有隐瞒
but undoubtedly he knows more.
他有这么多上流朋友
Well, as a cherished friend of The 400,
肯定会参加这一季的社交活动
he will be attending the social event of the season,
理查德·奥斯古也是
as will Richard Osgood.
你不会是想在摩尔先生的派对上堵他们吧
You can't mean to ambush them at Mr. Moore's party.
这是我们的机会
It's our opportunity.
虽然不太理想 但约翰会理解的
It's not ideal, but John will understand.
是吗
Will he?
现在不是讲礼节的时候 拉兹洛
We can't simply stand on ceremony, Laszlo.
这两个人对嫌犯的了解
What these two man reveal about these suspects
很有可能让我们找到安娜宝宝
could lead us to baby Ana.
不得不承认 在失踪婴儿还没找到的情况下
I must confess, it does feel strange to be attending a ball
来参加舞会 确实感觉很奇怪
while there is a child still missing.
在那里
Over there.
我应该去和主人打声招呼
I should say hello to our hosts.
-你要去哪里 -去观察我们的朋友
- Where are you going? - To observe our friend.
先生 如果把利纳雷斯的绑♥架♥案
Sir, if you link the Linares abduction
和西班牙和古巴联♥系♥起来
to Spain and Cuba,
就有可能让绑匪惊慌
there is a chance you may spook the kidnappers.
所以你认为有绑匪的存在
So you think there are kidnappers then?
不 先生 也不一定 但
No, sir, not necessarily, but it--
理查德 这个人马上就要娶我的教女了
Richard, the man is marrying my own goddaughter,
可他还在隐瞒着什么
and here he is hiding a story.
你知道我在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》工作
You know I work for the "New York Times."
敌方
The opposition.
利纳雷斯一家明显有罪
The Linares are clearly guilty.
-什么罪 -谁知道呢 摩尔
- Guilty of what? - Who knows, Moore?
疏忽 阴谋 欺骗
Guilty of neglect, conspiracy, fraud.
什么罪都有可能 甚至是谋杀
I wouldn't put anything past them, even murder.
或许孩子被送回了西班牙
And perhaps the child is back in Spain
而他们在利用这点
and they're using this as an opportunity
获取美国民众的同情
to gain sympathy from the American public.
但《日报》不会同情他们的 摩尔
Well, they won't get it from the "Journal," Moore.
这点我可以向你保证
That I can assure you.
赫斯特先生
Mr. Hearst,
我完全相信利纳雷斯一家是清白的
I honestly believe the Linares family are innocent.
我只希望不管《日报》事
I would only ask that whatever line
对这件是什么看法
the "Journal" takes on this story,
这个悲剧不该用来在古巴战争中
this tragedy is not used to drum up support
挑起民众对西班牙的反感
against the Spanish for the war in Cuba.
与西班牙肯定要在古巴作战
War with Spain over Cuba is going to happen.
我想今晚的政♥治♥话题就到此为止吧 奥斯古
I think that's enough for politics for tonight, Osgood.
好吧 摩尔
Okay, Moore.
维奥蕾特肯定在等你
I'm sure Violet is waiting for you.
伯恩来见您 老板
It's Byrnes here to see you, Chief.
伯恩 朋友 我没想到你今晚会来
Ah, Byrnes, my man. I wasn't expecting you tonight.
我来略表敬意 赫斯特先生
I've come to pay my respects, Mr. Hearst.
我带了点薄礼
I brung you a gift.
送给你的教女和她的未婚夫
It's for your goddaughter and her betrothed.
别这样 理查德
Stop it, Richard.
奥斯古先生
Mr. Osgood.
我好像不认识你
I don't believe I know you.
我认识你 先生 我认识你
Oh, I know you, sir. I know you.
伯恩先生是我处理敏感问题的得力助手
Mr. Byrnes is my go-to man for all sensitive matters.
他做事既有效率又很谨慎
He is very effective and very discreet.
谢谢你的礼物 伯恩 你真贴心
Thank you for the gift, Byrnes. Very considerate of you.
给蒙克顿就好
Just leave it with Monckton.
先生
Uh, sir, um...
这是上好的雪茄 先生
these are some very fine cigars, sir.
我敢保证 维奥蕾特肯定很喜欢
Well, Violet will find it a wheeze, I'm sure.
-蒙克顿 -老板
- Monckton! - Chief?
再见 先生
Sir.
出去的时候去厨房♥
You can help yourself to some hors d'oeuvres
吃点开胃菜再走
in the kitchen on your way out.
我来拿吧 伯恩
I'll take that, Byrnes.
你该叫我伯恩前局长 蒙克顿
That's former Chief Commissioner Byrnes to you, Monckton.
但我不会为此对你心生不满
But hey, I won't hold that against you.
把它放在那里吧
Put it there.
或许成长过程中 你母亲没教会你礼节 蒙克顿
Maybe your mother didn't teach you manners growing up, Monckton,
所以我会原谅你
so I'll forgive you for that.
我不指望你喜欢我
I don't expect you to like me,
我只要你给予我一些尊重
but what I do require is some respect.
和些许的礼貌
And a modicum of civility.
-听到什么闲言碎语了吗 -嗯
- Picking up any gossip? - Mm-hmm.
我不记得
Remind me again
你是装扮什么了 霍华德小姐
what your costume is, Miss Howard.
我是一个周日四处闲逛的女密探
I'm a lady undercover on a Sunday stroll.
没人能猜到
No one would ever guess.
我有很多事要告诉你
I have much to tell you.
我想你知道马科在这里
I suppose you know that Markoe is here.
是的 我知道
Yes, I'm very aware of that.
拉兹洛和我决定今晚找他谈谈
Laszlo and I have agreed to talk to him tonight.
莎拉 我们根本没有能质问他的证据
Sara, we have nothing to confront him with
只有一些没有根据的猜测
except unsubstantiated suppositions.
需要我提醒你有个孩子失踪了吗
Need I remind you that there is a child missing?
那需要我提醒你这是我的订婚派对吗
And need I remind you that this is my engagement party?
你这样只会让维奥蕾特难堪
The only thing you are succeeding doing is embarrassing Violet.
霍华德小姐
Ah, Miss Howard.
真高兴见到你
How lovely to see you.
你收到我的卡片了吗
Has my card made its way to you yet?
抱歉 吉尔德斯里弗先生
My apologies, Mr. Gildersleeve.
我的老板 这位摩尔先生 让我太忙了
My boss, Mr. Moore here, has kept me so terribly busy
所以我没机会回复你
that I haven't had a chance to reply.
朋友们 大家好
Hello, friends!
在此良辰之际 非常感谢大家的到来
Thank you so much for joining us on this auspicious evening.
我非常荣幸为大家介绍我的教女维奥蕾特
I am so pleased to be able to honor my goddaughter, Violet,
和即将成为我教女婿的约翰·摩尔
and soon-to-be godson-in-law, John Moore,
尽管他选择了一条错误的职业道路
even though he has chosen a very wrongheaded career path.
约翰在哪里
Where is John?
上这儿来 装扮成...
Down here and dressed as--
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的一名见习记者
a cub reporter for the "New York Times."
所有适合出版的新闻
All the news that's fit to print?
你的彼得森先生
Your Mr. Peterson
每天都会错过这个城市头条新闻
misses the biggest stories in this city on the daily.
我以为嘲讽要留在婚宴上说的 先生
I thought the roast was saved for the wedding dinner, sir.
这是我的演讲台 我想说什么就说什么
Oh, this is my soap box, boy. I'll say what pleases me.
但或许当你看到我向你展示的这样东西
But perhaps you'll forgive my gentle ribbing
你会原谅我的揶揄
when I present you this.
第一辆运来我国的德国设计豪华汽车
The very first German-designed luxury motorcar to hit our shore.
我不用向你吹嘘它的优点了 约翰
I have no need to extol its many virtues to you, John.
约翰之前一直在倡导公共交通的好处
John's been extolling the virtues of public transit.
那是因为他买♥♥不起汽车
Because he can't afford an automobile.
好了 伙计们
Now, boys.
我要让他辞旧换新
I am dusting him off and spiffing him up.
这辆车只是装扮的一部分
The car is just one part of the costume.
不用再麻烦霍华德小姐
No more need to bother Miss Howard
驾车送他去各处
for jaunts here and there.
为赫斯特的慷慨三呼万岁
Three cheers for the Hearst largesse!
-万岁 -万岁
- Hip, hip-- - Hurrah!
-万岁 -万岁
- Hip, hip-- - Hurrah!
-万岁 -万岁
- Hip, hip-- - Hurrah!
人性的三大属性是
The three agencies of action within human nature
欲望 精神和理性
are appetite, spirit, and reason.
在我眼前
Before me,
我看到欲望战胜了精神和理性
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表