剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
并不歇斯底里 或不理智
is neither hysterical nor irrational,
而她的行为都是有理由的
and that she has cause to be as she is?
她的声音必须被聆听
That she must be heard?
你需要的是侦探 夫人
You need a detective, Señora,
也需要有我这样资源和经验的女人
and a woman such as I with the resources and the experience.
我理解你的痛苦
I see your pain.
我理解你的折磨
I see your suffering.
我在乎
And I care.
我非常在乎
I care, deeply.
我希望你帮我
I want you to help me.
伊泽贝尔睡了
Isabella is sleeping now.
恐怕创伤让她无法回忆起今天的事
I'm afraid the trauma is blocking her memory of the day.
你进来时 那层床单就在吗
Was the sheet there when you came in?
我放上去的
I put it there...
因为这个
because of this.
这有种陈列感
There's something about this that feels curated,
像艺术品一样展示
staged like a work of art.
法庭保持秩序
Order in the court!
马科医生并非精神病学家
Dr. Markoe is not an alienist.
他并未能向法庭证明
He has told the court nothing about
玛莎·奈普所谓的抚养问题
how Martha Napp's professed issues in mothering
怎么可能会导致她谋杀亲子
could have conceivably led to her murdering her own child.
克雷泽勒博士
Dr. Kreizler--
我要求这名女子得到正义
I demand justice for this woman.
我要求玛莎·奈普得到正义
I demand justice for Martha Napp!
随你怎么要求
Well, you can demand all you like,
但这是我的法庭 我的判决不会改变
but this is my courtroom, and my ruling will stand.
电椅死刑
Execution by electric chair.
先生
Sir?
我今晚到此为止了
I believe I'm done for the night.
对女杀人犯玛莎·奈普的医疗观察
她的医生 马科医生著
拉兹洛
Laszlo.
约翰
Oh, John.
我读了马科医生的专著
I've been reading a monograph by Dr. Markoe,
他是玛莎·奈普在妇产医院的医生
Martha Napp's physician at the Lying-In Hospital.
-拉兹洛 容我... -他认为
- Laszlo, may I-- - He determined
她患上了产后精神病
she suffered from post-term psychosis,
但他在这里描述的症状
but any symptoms he describes here--
玛莎均为表现出来
none of them were displayed by Martha.
拉兹洛
Laszlo, I--
他的理论好荒谬
His theories are preposterous,
相互矛盾 根本是疯了
contradictory, and inane.
容我介绍我的未婚妻 维奥蕾特·黑沃德小姐
May I present my fiancée, Miss Violet Hayward?
黑沃德小姐
Miss Hayward.
V 这是克雷泽勒博士
V, this is Dr. Kreizler.
著名的克雷泽勒博士吗 那位精神病学家
The famous Dr. Kreizler? The alienist?
恐怕我更多是遭到嘲笑而非赞扬
I hazard that I'm more derided than acclaimed.
我担心如果我跟你深谈
I fear if I spoke with you at any great length,
你会探清我大脑最深的回路
you would know the deep recesses of my mind.
或是闪烁的浅滩
Or the shimmering shallows.
拉兹洛
Laszlo.
你有时就是不知收敛
Sometimes you go too far.
我本以为今晚会只有我们俩进餐 亲爱的
I thought we were dining à deux tonight, my darling,
但如果克雷泽勒博士也要加入我们
but perhaps if Dr. Kreizler is joining us,
那他拉把椅子来吧
he should pull up a pew.
-拉兹洛应该... -正打算走
- I think Laszlo was-- - Already leaving.
每个头脑就如海洋 黑沃德小姐
Every mind is like the ocean, Miss Hayward.
所有人都是有深有浅的
There's surface and depth in all of us.
-晚安 好朋友 -晚安
- Good night, my friend. - Good night.
不管歹徒是谁 很可能是
Whoever it is could've conceivably come through
翻这些窗进屋的
any of these windows.
员工们都发誓
The staff swear blind
他们晚上把窗关好了
they had the windows closed at night.
当然了
Of course they do.
他们担心自己摊上麻烦
They're afraid of getting into trouble.
你觉得这么热的天
You think in this heat
他们都不会开一扇吹吹风吗
they're not going to at least open them for air?
歹徒从这里进来 边框受损了
They entered here. The frame's been damaged.
抬我一下 比茜
Give me a boost, Bitsy.
通向哪里
Where does it go?
第五大道
Leads to 5th Avenue.
他们可能去了纽约任何地方
They could be anywhere in New York.
纽约市妇产医院
克雷泽勒博士 我们不是在浪费时间吗
Dr. Kreizler, ain't we wasting our time?
思考永远不是浪费时间
Time is never wasted when one is thinking.
那就是人类大脑神奇之处
That is what is wondrous about the human mind.
我们或许看似处于静态 但时时刻刻
We may appear still, yet all the time,
这里 我们在指挥交响乐
in here, we're conducting symphonies,
破解最难的数学问题
solving the most arduous mathematical problems,
思考宇宙的奥秘
and contemplating the mysteries of the universe.
你现在就在做那些事吗 博士
Doing all those things right now, Doctor?
不 史蒂文
No, Stevie.
马科医生
Dr. Markoe--
稍等一下 舍监
One moment, if you please, Matron.
数到十再说
Count to ten and then tell me.
克雷泽勒博士在外面
Dr. Kreizler is outside.
他把名片交给我让我给你
He gave me his card to give to you.
不必惊慌 舍监
Do not be alarmed, Matron.
我们管理严格
We run a tight ship here,
我们靠的是纪律 秩序和榜样
and we do that by discipline, order, and example.
玛莎·奈普就是这样的反面典型
An example needed to be set with Martha Napp.
我怎么跟他说
What will I tell him?
就说我抱恙
Simply tell him I'm indisposed.
算了
On second thoughts,
叫他下地狱去吧
tell him to go to hell.
我照你说的 去了医院
I went to the hospital and the morgue
和停尸房♥ 莎拉小姐 毫无发现
like you asked, Miss Sara, but we got nothing.
所有婴儿都在 除了一个 但是个男婴
All babies accounted for except for one, but it was a him.
小可怜
Poor little thing.
他脑袋肿得像香瓜般大
His head was swoll up the size of a cantaloupe.
第一次面对死亡
It's difficult the first time
的确很难 米莉
you're confronted with death, Milly,
尤其还是婴儿
especially when they're so young.
比茜 你可以给约翰·摩尔捎个信儿吗
Bitsy, will you take a message to John Moore?
问他玛莎·奈普的报道
Ask him if there's been any developments
是否有进展
in the Martha Napp story.
可能有联♥系♥
There may be a connection.
叫他听到什么打给我
Just tell them to call if he hears anything.
这是件真正的案子
This is a real case.
我们之前的努力并未能起到什么影响
None of our previous endeavors made a difference,
但这个能
but this one does.
这事关生死 姑娘们
It's life and death, girls.
如果你乖
If you're a good girl,
保密之后会在饮水器那里给你买♥♥五美分的苏打水
Nanny will get you a 5¢ soda cream from the fountain after.
你能做到吗
Can you do that?
日安 先生 早上好
Good day, sir. Good morning.
欢迎来西格-库珀百货
Welcome to Siegel-Cooper.
别走远 爱洛依丝
Not too far, Eloise.
纽约西格-库珀百货
早上好 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
Good morning, "New York Times."
这篇玛莎·奈普的报道还不算坏 约翰
This Martha Napp article's not bad at all, John.
虽然比不上霍桑 但不差了
It's not up there with Hawthorne, but it's not bad.
你确定你不想回归社会版吗
Are you sure you don't want to go back to the society pages
-那是你的... -阶级吗
- with your-- - My own kind?
我觉得我已经习惯了
I think I've got quite used to
每天看你这张丑脸 伯尼
looking at your ugly mug every day, Bernie.
但我还不知道会不会发
Mm, don't know if I'm gonna run with it yet.
你在这里说了不少重话 约翰
There's a lot of big statements here, John.
会惹怒很多要人的
It's gonna make a lot of important folks angry.
我提到我也愤怒了吗
Did I mention that I'm angry?
我们生活在怎样的世界里 允许这种事发生
What kind of world do we live in for this to happen?
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表