剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
是西班牙总督的女儿
The daughter of the Spanish consular general.
他们把这事压下去了
They're keeping it hushed up.
这些人 这些跟西班牙政♥府♥有关联的
Now, these folks, these muckety-mucks
有权有势的人
with the Spanish government
没有把失踪孩子的事情
neglected to tell the police department
告诉警♥察♥部门
about the missing child.
公众很容易燃起疑心
Public suspicion could easily be flamed up
如果这件事情泄漏给了当局
if word of this got out to the authorities.
同意
Agreed.
这样的话 我们必须做点什么
Something must be done about it, in that case.
干得好 拜尔斯
Nice work, Byrnes.
我不会离开很久的 亲爱的
I won't be long, my dear.
我很在乎海伦 马科医生
I care for Helen greatly, Dr. Markoe,
但是我受不起丑闻
but I can't afford the scandal.
我知道你在乎她 理查德
I know you do, Richard,
你来对地方了
and you've come to the right place.
毕竟我们都是人
We are men, after all.
我们向往美丽的事物是很正常的
It is normal for us to desire beautiful things.
她能 她会
Will she be able to-- will she...
痊愈吗
have her full health again?
如果你是说你们能再像以前那样
If you mean will you be able to love her
如胶似漆的话 没错
as ardently as you have, then yes.
在控制之下好好休息一段时间
With some rest and confinement,
她很快就会回到你身边
she should soon be restored to you.
还有孩子呢
And the child?
你就不用担心这个了 理查德
That will not concern you, Richard.
放心吧 不会有丑闻的
Rest assured, there will be no scandal.
奈普之子
我给你拿了点吃的
I got you something.
谢谢 比茜 我一会儿再吃
Thank you, Bitsy. I'll eat it later.
萨拉小姐
Miss Sara,
你最近都没好好吃饭睡觉
you ain't been eating or sleeping properly.
这不好
It's not good.
我忍♥不住去想可怜的利纳雷斯夫人
I can't stop thinking about poor Señora Linares.
我不知道身为人母是什么样子 但是
I don't know what it's like to be a mother, but...
我知道
I know.
意第绪语中有句古话
There's a saying in Yiddish:
“母亲虽然只会牵着她的孩子一小段时间
"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while,
但是他们是她心头永远的牵挂”
but their hearts forever."
她现在一定伤心欲绝
Her heart must be breaking.
就是傲慢而已
It's just arrogance.
这才是本质的问题
That's the ultimate problem.
这些该死的西班牙人身上的傲慢
The arrogance of these damn Spanish.
这种老欧洲做派 就像古巴那边的野蛮人一样
This is Old Europe acting like savages down there in Cuba,
我们要允许了这种行为 就会显得软弱
and we simply look weak if we allow it.
他们忘记了自己是我们的领国
They don't remember that they're in our neighborhood.
没有任何一个大国会允许自己门前出现这事
No other great power would allow this on their doorstep.
所以凭什么我们要允许
So why on Earth do we?
但那些自行车
Oh, but these bicycles!
人怎么才能在上面呆着
How does one stay on?
你坐在车座上
You sit on the saddle,
脚踩在踏板上 然后蹬出去 我是这么想的
place your feet on the pedal, and push off, I believe.
对吗 约翰
Is that right, John?
-约翰了解这些事 -它有两个轮子
- John knows about these things. - It's two wheels.
如果你骑得够快
And if you go fast enough,
就能保证车往前开的动力
the velocity sustains the momentum.
我觉得这就是个危险的东西 一点都不得体
I think it's altogether a hazard, and so unbecoming.
还是马更好骑一些
A horse is easier to mount.
我知道 亲爱的 你得走了
I know, my dearest, you must dash.
摩尔
Moore.
你要抛弃我们了
You're abandoning ship.
很抱歉 但职责所在
My apologies, but duty calls.
你的未婚妻自然才是你的职责所在
Surely your duty lies with your fiancée.
的确如此 赫斯特先生
Indeed it does, Mr. Hearst.
但不幸的是
But unfortunately,
一些报道
some newspaper stories
揭露了黑暗中隐藏的一角
are unearthed under the cover of darkness.
你和维奥蕾特小姐结婚以后
When you're married to Miss Violet,
我们就不能让你为敌方工作了
we cannot have you working for the opposition.
你得来为我工作
You must come work for me.
会有更多社交的时间
The hours are more social.
晚安
Goodnight.
你这是聚会的打扮
You're dressed for a party.
我让你离开了一个重要的社交场合呢
Have I taken you away from an important social event?
你呢
And you?
你的打扮像是去参加葬礼
You look as if you're dressed for a funeral.
我这是黑夜的打扮 约翰
I'm dressed for the night, John.
我们得去观察 而不是让别人观察
We must see and not be seen.
我们随时可以返回
We can always turn back.
那又有什么乐趣呢
Where would the fun be in that?
247.
这里早就废弃了
It's long abandoned.
圣伊格内修斯公♥寓♥
圣伊格内修斯公♥寓♥
St. Ignatius Boarding House.
无疑是暂住者的住处
For transient people, no doubt.
我们还是能查出谁住过这里
We can still find out who lived there.
房♥东可能会对一些房♥客有所怀疑
The landlord had suspicions about one of tenants, perhaps.
约翰
John...
好的 来这
Okay. Over here.
我们得离开了
We should leave.
回来
Hey, come back.
现在有点晚了
It's a bit late for that.
快走
Come on.
到这来
In here.
没事 就是个流浪汉
It's nothing. Only a bum.
达斯特斯
Dusters...
走吧 兄弟们 我们去塞拉斯那吧
Come on, fellas. Let's go to Cyrus's.
慢点
Slow down!
牡蛎酒馆
对 他要上来把他撕碎了
Yeah, he's gonna come and rip him apart!
这就是你在这工作
This is why it's not safe
不安全的原因 乔安娜
for you working down here, Joanna.
你觉得我在哪里都不安全
According to you, I'm not safe anywhere.
我们得给你找份好工作
We got to get you a good job,
给那些白人富裕家庭工作
working for one of those rich white families uptown.
我希望自己有的东西就和世界上其他人一样
I want what's mine just like anybody else on this world.
比如 你有这间酒馆
Just like you got this bar.
如果我必须为了自己平等的权利斗争
And if I have to fight for my equal rights,
我会这么做的
I will.
这就是斗争的坏处
That's the problem with fighting--
总有人会受伤
somebody always get hurt.
这些人马上就有人要挂彩了
These people are up next.
先生们 先生们
Gentlemen, gentlemen!
拜托
Please!
禁止斗狗
No dogfighting.
这些狗会吓到女士的
The dogs'll scare off the ladies.
塞叔叔
Uncle Cy?
放狗
Dogs out!
他们大概一周来一次
They come in here about once a week.
他们在市场和码头
They drink at all the establishments
所有能喝的地方喝酒
in the markets and the docks.
莎拉小姐 我觉得你该走了
Miss Sara, I think you ought to leave.
这些孩子没有教养的
These boys is not civilized.
塞拉斯 我能照顾好自己
Cyrus, I'm quite capable of handling myself.
你听说过他们绑♥架♥孩童索要赎金吗
You ever hear about them kidnapping children for ransom?
这事他们干得出来 莎拉小姐
I wouldn't put anything past them, Miss Sara.
这些孩子都是杀手 他们没有良心
These boys are killers. They ain't got no conscience.
他们当中 谁是老大
Which one of them is in charge?
咕咕不在这里
Well, Goo Goo's not here.
那个又高又瘦的人 他们叫他胖杰
That tall, skinny one, they call him Fat Jack.
他旁边那个
And the one next to him
戴圆顶礼帽 缺了牙齿的
with the bowler hat and missing teeth,
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表