剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表
How goes it with your brave new adventure, detective?
我的客户似乎大都是富有的老寡妇
Seems that most of my clients are rich, old dowagers
认为仆人在偷她们的东西
who think their servants are stealing from them.
钱的诅咒
The curse of the greenback.
白天挣的钱越多
The more money they make during the day,
夜里越怕失去它们
the more they worry at night over losing it.
这房♥间绝对属于你 莎拉
The room is unquestionably yours, Sara.
租金还算合理
Well, the rent's not unreasonable,
而且这里是百老汇
and we are on Broadway.
-我是说... -我明白
- What I meant was-- - I know what you meant.
你身边都是
You've surrounded yourself
你最宝贵的财物
with your most valued possessions.
如果我有心情
And if I were of a mind,
我能通过你选择展示的藏品
I would tell you much about who you are
来说出很多你的特点
by observing the ephemera you've chosen to display here.
很晚了 拉兹洛
It's late, Laszlo.
麻烦你还是
If you would kindly refrain
省去通过我办公室的陈设
from making a psychological profile of who I am
精神分♥析♥我的为人吧
based on the furnishings of my office.
你父亲会为你骄傲的
Your father would be proud of you,
如果他能看到你的成就
seeing what you have accomplished.
我也想这么想
I would like to think so.
但很奇怪吧
It is curious, is it not,
弗兰肯斯坦 雪莱
玛丽·雪莱写这本书时
at the time Mary Shelley was writing this book,
电疗法认为
there was a belief in Galvanism,
人可以通过电击
that man could reanimate the body
来让尸体复活
through the use of electrical impulses?
-但今天 -今天我们用这种强大的力量
- And today-- - Today we use the same potent force
夺取了一个无辜女人的生命
to take the life of an innocent woman.
在我们的皮肤 骨骼和肌腱下
Underneath our skin, bone, and sinew,
有谁不是怪物呢
which of us are not monsters?
今天发生的事的确很可怕
It was indeed monstrous what happened today.
我向她保证了会去找她失踪的孩子
I promised her I would look for her missing child.
我和我的侦探们愿听你调遣
I and my detective agency are at your disposal.
我会尽力帮你
I'll help you in any way I can.
我得先评估我与
I need to first assess my notes
玛莎的谈话的笔记
from my interviews with Martha,
然后我整理我所知的一切
and then I will marshal all that I know,
我所了解到的一切
all that I've learned,
来判断孩子的遭遇
to determine what befell the child.
我可以帮你 拉兹洛
I can help you, Laszlo.
谢谢你的波本酒 莎拉
Thank you for the bourbon, Sara.
让我恢复了精神
It was restorative.
放心吧
And rest assured,
如果我需要你协助 会找你的
I will call on you should I need your assistance.
纽约日报
今天的头版 玛莎·奈普
Today's headline, Martha Napp!
第一个死在电椅上的女人
First woman to suffer death in the electric chair!
先生们 来买♥♥报
Gentlemen, get your papers.
纽约日报
报纸 先生 买♥♥报吗
Papers here! Mister, your paper?
纽约日报
什么事
What do you want?
托马斯·伯恩来见你了 老板
Thomas Byrnes is here to see you, Chief.
让他进来 蒙克顿
Well, send him in, Monckton.
让他进来
Send him in.
赫斯特先生可以见你了 伯恩
Mr. Hearst will see you now, Byrnes.
别干站着 进来啊
Don't stand there, man. Come in!
有什么事吗 伯恩
Got something on your mind, Byrnes?
先生 首先 我给你带了礼物
Well, sir, first off, I brung you a present.
是什么
What's that?
头发
It's hair.
但更重要的是
But more to the point,
这是儿童杀手玛莎·奈普的头发
the child murderess Martha Napp's hair.
-她的头发 -是的 先生
- Her hair? - Yes, sir.
在她见上帝前 从她头上剪下来的
Cut from her scalp before she met her maker.
我觉得你可以在《日报》里透露出来
I figured you could give it away in the "Journal."
以我的经验
People have a morbid fascination
人们对可怕的纪念品有种病态的痴迷
with gruesome memorabilia, in my experience.
《日报》怎么打理还是让我来操心吧 伯恩
You leave the running of the "Journal" to me, Byrnes.
我们虽然不是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
We may not be "The New York Times,"
但也不是马戏团
but neither are we PT Barnum's circus.
再说 这故事快结束了
Besides, that story's almost over.
我们会提醒美国人♥民♥这个事实
We'll remind the American people of this fact:
她是罪有应得的女杀人犯
She was a murderess who got her just deserts.
-谢谢 伯恩 -谢谢 先生
- Thank you, Byrnes. - Thank you, sir.
蒙克顿 进来
Monckton, get in here!
让楼下的一个笔头
I need one of the brain monkeys downstairs
给今天写个专栏
to write a new column for today.
"西班牙间谍渗透纽约
"Spanish spies in New York
把他们的战争带上我们的海岸"
bringing their war to our shores."
-明白了吗 -当然 老板
- You get the picture? - Of course, Chief.
那才是普通人早上吃饭时
That's what the common man wants to read
想看到的东西
over his morning grits.
美国抵抗霸凌主义
The United States standing up to bullies.
你知道你什么时候回华盛顿吗
两天后 亲爱的
如果美国继续支持古巴叛军 恐怕会出现最糟的情况
照顾好我们的小天使
伊泽贝尔 我回来前别离开家
亲爱的
我们在纽约
今天这么明媚 别担心 我们会没事的
给您 女士
Here you are, ma'am.
您有十美分吗 女士
You got a dime, lady?
给个为国尽忠的生病士兵
For a sick soldier-- what served his country good.
抱歉
Sorry.
西班牙婊♥子♥
Spanish whore.
纽约日报
谢尔曼支持与西班牙开战 报复对美国人的杀戮
支持与西班牙开战
喂
Hello?
伊丽莎白 是我
Yes, Elizabeth, it's me.
我不知道还能怎么办
I didn't quite know what else to do,
还能找谁 因为此事的政♥治♥敏感性
who else to call, given the political sensitivities.
与西班牙开战似乎已不可避免
War with Spain seems certain.
利纳雷斯夫人不肯报♥警♥吗
Señora Linares won't call the police?
不行
No.
你觉得警方
Do you think the police
会愿意出一个人
will want to provide even one man
来找到敌人的女儿吗
to find the daughter of their enemy?
所以我们才找了你 莎拉
This is why we called upon you, Sara.
我很感激你们的信任
I'm grateful for that trust.
我保证 我会尽全力
I can assure you, I will do my utmost
帮你找到女儿
to help you find your daughter.
是的 莎拉
Well, yes, Sara.
伊莎贝尔和我希望 想问问
Isabel and I hoped, we wondered
能不能请你好心
if we could use your good graces
联♥系♥你的朋友克雷泽勒博士
to call your friend Dr. Kreizler?
克雷泽勒博士之前不是成功地
Dr. Kreizler had some success, did he not,
抓住了那个
with that dreadful monster
谋杀小男妓的禽兽吗
who was murdering young boy prostitutes?
是的
Indeed, he did.
你不觉得如果有他协助调查此案
And do you not think his assistance in this case
会大有裨益吗
would be invaluable?
如果我需要精神病学家
Should I have a need for an alienist,
自然会立刻向克雷泽勒博士
I would not hesitate to ask Dr. Kreizler
寻求帮助 向他咨♥询♥
for his help and insight.
但是 伊丽莎白 夫人现在需要的
But what the Señora requires now, Elizabeth,
是一位刑事调查过程方法专家
is an expert in the procedural method of criminal detection,
因为这种事总有迹可循
because there is always a trail,
不管罪犯多么狡猾聪明
no matter the criminal's stealth or genius.
如果你仍对我的专业性有所迟疑
And if you still hesitate to consider me professionally,
我想提醒你们 针对女性的偏见
I will remind you of the prejudice against our sex
可能会妨碍调查
that could impede this investigation.
难道不是只有女人
Does it not take a woman
才能知道一个失去了孩子的女人
to know that a woman who has lost a child
剧集 | 沉默的天使 | 导航列表