剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
让他去承认一些...
to try to get him to confess to some--
他几乎要说出来了
Look, it was on the tip of his tongue.
不骗你 他正打算说出来的
I swear to you, he was about to say it.
真的吗 真的是这样吗
Was he? Really, was he?
还是你在诱导他
Or were you leading him?
因为我看到的是你明显在诱导他
'Cause what I saw was you were definitely leading him.
真是荒唐
This is ridiculous.
难道比你在墨西哥餐馆
More ridiculous than trying to
设法逼你儿子出柜还要荒唐吗
out your son in a Mexican restaurant,
他可能根本就不是同性恋
when he might not even be gay?
他是同性恋 不如这样吧
He is gay. And hey, guess what.
我有个想法
I have an idea:
不如你干脆承认这件事让你不舒服
Why don't you just admit you have a problem with it?
就算他是同性恋 我也没问题
I don't have a problem with it, if he is.
-他就是同性恋 -好吧
- He is. - Okay, fine.
不过 何时何地出柜
But shouldn't it still be his choice
难道不该由他自己来决定吗
as to when and where he wants to come out?
我就是这个意思
That's what I'm saying.
他正要承认 可你打断了
He was about to, until you walked in.
你让他害怕
You intimidate him.
海伦 你为什么要这么做
Helen, why are you doing this?
做什么
Doing what?
我大老远搬过来
I move all the way out here--
是的 为了和孩子们在一起
Yeah, to be with the kids, right?
我没让他害怕 也没让史黛丝害怕
I don't intimidate him or Stacey.
我只是对他们不再了解了
I just don't know them anymore.
所以我才会来
That's why I'm here.
而你在想方设法
And you're doing everything in your power
把我挡在他们的生活之外
to box me out of their lives.
知道我以后不会再做什么吗
You know what I'm not doing anymore?
这个
This.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
艾莉森 我是诺亚
Alison, it's Noah.
很抱歉这么晚了还打给你
sorry to call so late.
只是想问候一下
Just checking in.
好的 再见
Okay, bye.
麦克斯
Max,
我是诺亚
it's Noah.
信不信由你
Believe it or not.
我...
I'm, uh...
就是想问候一下
just reaching out.
希望你一切都好
Hope you're well.
再见
Bye.
斯大林主义 资本主义
乔治·奥威尔《动物农场》中的权力腐化
作者 安东·盖特伍德
安东·盖特伍德
Anton Gatewood.
周三开始 准备讲《荒原》
Beginning Wednesday, get ready for The Waste Land.
安东
Anton.
请等一下
Hold back, please.
我得去搭便车
I gotta meet my ride.
你朋友可以等一等
Your ride can wait a minute.
我想和你聊聊你的论文
I want to talk about your essay.
论文怎么了
What about it?
论文...
It's, uh...
写得非常非常非常好
it's very, very, very well done.
是吗
Is that right?
是的 你对于小说思想的分♥析♥
Yeah. Your analysis of propaganda in the novel
以及论述如何通过操控语言来...
and showing how language can be manipulated to...
行使权力 不仅仅是好
wield power, it's-it's not just good.
而是...精彩绝伦
It's... it's brilliant.
好吧
Okay.
你想说的就这些吗
So, is that what you wanted to talk about?
是的
Yeah.
真的真的很好
It's really, really good.
所以 我想知道
So, what I want to know is
论文是谁写的
who wrote it?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
就那个意思
Just what I said.
这篇精彩的论文是谁写的
Who wrote this brilliant essay?
因为我觉得不是你写的
'Cause I don't think it was you.
为什么
Why not?
证据如下
Well, let's look at the evidence.
你拒绝参与课上的内容
You refuse to participate in class.
你就坐在那里
You just sit there
头趴在桌子上 还戴着兜帽
with your head on the desk and your hoodie up.
是啊 也许是因为你讲的课太烂了
Yeah, maybe 'cause your class fucking sucks.
你我都清楚你有过抄袭的历史
We both know your history of plagiarism.
你认为你要是再被发现会落得什么下场
What do you think would happen if you got caught again?
如果我现在就带着这个直接去找威尔逊校长
If I went straight to Principal Wilson with this right now...
你觉得很好笑吗
You think that's funny?
你觉得你的前途很好笑吗
You think your future is funny?
不是的
No, man.
我觉得你很好笑
You funny to me.
为什么呢
Why is that?
好吧
Okay.
那么这句引用呢
How about this quote?
"其他动物都说声响器可以把黑的说成白的"
"The others said that Squealer could turn black into white."
好的
Okay.
给我解释解释这句话
Explain to me what that means.
在小说当中 声响器代表
So, in the novel, Squealer represents
专♥制♥国家培养的宣传机器
the propaganda machinery that despotic states develop
用来控制底层动物
in order to control their populace.
斯大林统治时期
Under Stalin,
这人是德米特里·谢皮洛夫
it was Dmitri Shepilov.
而在希♥特♥勒♥手下
Under Hitler,
这个人是戈培尔
it was Goebbels.
那句引用
And the quote,
"黑的说成白的"
"Turning black into white,"
就是声响器简单地说自己
is just a simplistic way of Squealer saying
能把恶行说成善举
that he can make evil sound like it was good.
奥威尔在《1984》中通过大洋国真理部
Orwell expanded on this idea in Nineteen Eighty-Four
进一步阐述了这一观点
with Oceania's Ministry of the Truth,
讽刺这个部门所做的一切都是骗人的
the irony being that all Ministry does is lie.
还有别的问题吗
Anything else?
安东
Anton.
安东
Anton.
安东 别这样
Anton, come on.
我应该向你道歉
I owe you an apology.
去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck you.
第二话
海伦
他们是怎么上去的
How the fuck do they stay up there?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
没什么
Nothing.
你有什么困扰吗
Are you obsessing?
没有
No.
史黛丝 吃早餐了
Stacey, breakfast.
我要做完数学作业
I'm finishing my math homework.
你可以边吃边写
Well, you can finish it while you eat.
马上就好
Just a minute.
特雷弗 你音量能调小一点吗
Trevor, can you please turn that down?
好的 妈妈
Sure, Mom.
到底是谁在给你发短♥信♥
Who's texting you, anyway?
布鲁克林
Brooklyn.
布鲁克林 是我们之前住的那一区吗
Brooklyn, as in our former borough?
不是 妈妈
No, Mom.
布鲁克林是我的朋友
Brooklyn's my friend.
短♥信♥发个没停
Well, that's a lot of texts.
怎么 她暗恋你吗
What, does she have a crush on you?
性别错了
Wrong gender.
布鲁克林是男孩
Brooklyn's a boy.
好吧
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表