剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
下午我一直在跟校董会通话
I was on the phone all afternoon with the board,
争取保住我的工作
fighting to keep my job.
然后我来到这里想改善下同事间的关系
Then I come here to mend fences,
而大多数员工
and most of my staff
甚至都不让我请他们喝酒
won't even let me buy them a drink.
然后我 我一想到今天可能会发生什么
And then I... when I think about what could have happened today,
事情结果会有多糟...
how badly it could have gone...
告诉我 这一切怎么烟消云散
So, tell me, how is this all gonna blow over?
你和员工是这么回事
Here's the thing with your staff.
他们还小
They're young.
他们是孩子
They're children.
是
Right.
像孩子一样 他们想他们的想法被听到
And like children, they want to be listened to.
他们想让别人听到自己的想法
They want to feel heard.
有时候 在你的...
And sometimes, in your...
员工会议上 你似乎
staff meetings, you seem like
不是很重视他们的意见
you don't really value their opinions.
我的确不重视
I don't.
他们知道
Well, they know that.
所以他们恨你
That's why they hate you.
你真的不需要这份工作 是吗
You really don't need this job, do you?
在我以前的学校 马歇尔学校
You know, at my old school, Marshall,
我很受喜爱
I was beloved.
真的
Like, seriously.
学生们为了能在我办公室吃午饭打架
Students fighting to have lunch in my office,
女孩们来和我哭诉
girls coming in to cry over
是哪个傻瓜伤了她们的心
whatever fool was breaking their hearts.
我会在每年的返校活动上
I'd do this Beyoncé thing
做碧昂丝表演 轰动全场
every year at homecoming that slayed.
我相信
I'm sure.
但当这里招人时 我为这个职位挤得头破血流
But when this job opened up, I fought my ass off for it.
在像马歇尔这样的公立学校
At a public school like Marshall,
是不可能有真正的进展的
real progress is impossible.
但根据章程 你有特许学校
But at a charter, you have autonomy.
你制定议程
You set the agenda.
我想 这就是我的机会
I thought to myself, here's my chance
能真正与那些没人要的孩子们
to actually make a difference
做出点什么
with the kids nobody else wanted.
你知道在马歇尔这样的学校会发生什么吗
You know what happens at a school like Marshall?
他们接收这些孩子
They take in these kids,
他们一直留着他们直到调查人数的时候
they keep them till the fall census,
他们靠这个从国家拿钱
they collect money from the state,
然后把他们抛下
and then they dump their sorry asses.
不是停学 是开除
They don't suspend. They expel.
那些是我们今年从康普顿学院接收的孩子
Those are the kids we picked up at Compton Academy this year.
你知道吗
And you know what?
他们需要管教
They need some fucking discipline.
你还知道吗
And you know what else?
如果我是个白人...
If I were a white guy...
如果我是你 诺亚·索洛维
if I were you, Noah Solloway,
有你的... 有你的外表和资历
with your... with your looks and your credentials,
没人会在乎
nobody would give a shit
我的惩戒措施
about my disciplinary practices.
他们会祝贺我有勇气
They would congratulate me for having balls.
但是因为我是我
But because I'm me,
我被期望是合作的
I'm expected to be collaborative.
如果我不...
And if I'm not...
如果我敢说
if I dare to say
我有20年
I have 20 fucking years
干这行的经验
of experience in this business...
我在你们大多数人学驾照的时候
I was teaching when most of you
就已经在教书了
were in driver's ed,
所以也许... 也许我真的知道
so maybe... just maybe I actually know
我他妈在干什么
what the fuck I'm doing.
安东怎么样
How's Anton?
今天后他还好吗
Is he okay after today?
希望如此
I hope so.
他和他爸在一起
He's with his dad.
我的孩子们和他们妈在一起
Yeah, mine are with their mom.
你有孩子
You have kids?
两个儿子 两个女儿
Two boys, two girls.
你可真忙
Damn, you're busy.
大的现在已经离家上学了
Well, the older ones are away at school now,
小的两个和我前妻在一起
and the... the younger two, they live with my ex.
所以我才在洛杉矶
That's why I'm in L.A.
她和她男朋友过来的
She came out with her boyfriend.
我跟了过来
I followed.
我现在和他们
I don't have much of a relationship
没什么联♥系♥了 但我在努力
with them right now, but I'm trying.
离婚是件难事
Divorce is tough.
是啊
Yeah.
我能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you something?
你真的挂了你自己的孩子吗
Is it true you failed your own kid?
不是
No.
他抄袭了 是他自己造成的
He plagiarized. He failed himself.
我还能怎么办
What was I supposed to do?
放过他
Let it go?
我这么做的时候难过极了
It killed me to do it.
肯定
I bet it did.
今天的罢♥课♥ 是从你的教室开始的吗
The walkout today, did it start in your classroom?
-你怎么... -因为是我的学校 诺亚
- How'd you-- - 'Cause it's my school, Noah,
我对我的工作很在行
and I'm good at my job.
但是告诉我 是安东吗
But tell me, was it Anton?
是他鼓动的吗
Did he instigate it?
你为什么会这么想
Why would you think that?
这孩子越来越像他爸了
That boy is turning into his father,
我一点办法都没有
and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.
他爸以前是个活动家
His dad used to be an activist.
但现在他用他马♥克♥思♥和马尔科姆·艾克斯
But nowadays he uses his extensive knowledge
广博的知识作为前戏
of Marx and Malcolm X as foreplay
把更年轻的白人女性拐上♥床♥
to get much younger white women into bed.
-干杯 -干杯
- Cheers. - Cheers.
什么
What?
不 不
No, no.
不 不 不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no.
我... 我是你上司
I'm... I'm your boss.
我是你上司 我是你上司
I'm your boss. I'm your boss.
好
Okay.
第二话
海伦
好 所以不是胆结石
Okay, so it's not gallstones.
现在我们知道了
So now we know.
我觉得我们应该回纽约
I think we should go back to New York.
你一定认识纪念斯隆-凯特琳癌症中心的人
And you must know somebody at Sloan Kettering.
我们可以立刻预约
And we can get an appointment right away.
我我我觉得我们还是应该听听不同的意见
I-I-I think we should still get a second opinion.
你感觉怎么样
How are you feeling?
我不知道怎么办
I don't know how to do this, man.
我不知道
I don't have a fucking clue.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我会振作起来的
I will get my shit together.
你...
You...
我在 维克
I'm here, Vik.
好 我们能战胜的
Okay, and we can fight this thing.
你和我
You and me.
一起
Together.
海伦...
Helen...
你能开车吗
Can you just drive?
妈
Mom.
怎么了 宝贝
What's up, hon
你们去哪了
Where were you guys?
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表