剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
你觉得呢
Do you?
或许他让我做这事
Maybe he's asking me to do this
是因为他想让我让他失望
because he wants me to disappoint him.
为什么维克会希望你让他失望
Why would Vik want you to disappoint him?
因为比起他的预断病情
Because it's easier to be mad at me
他对我生气更容易
than at his prognosis.
有道理
That makes sense.
预断病情很糟糕
Well, the prognosis is pretty fucking shitty,
所以...
so, uh...
实际上他需要愤怒来反抗
Actually, he needs to get angry in order to fight this,
所以我要怎么做
so how do I do that?
我要如何帮他摆脱这种想法
How do I shake him out of this?
摆脱什么 说具体点
Out of what, exactly?
他拒绝治疗
This Denial.
说真的
Seriously.
这就像...
I mean, it's, like...
像是因病引发的
pathological.
你不觉得吗 我总以为也许...
Don't you think? I mean, I've always thought maybe
他有点自闭 所以或许这...
he's on the spectrum, so maybe that has something--
我不是来替维克诊断的
I'm not here to diagnose Vik.
我想谈谈你 海伦
I'd like to redirect us to talking about you, Helen.
今天早上你和维克都收到了了令人不安的消息
You and Vik both received scary news this morning.
我想知道此时此刻
I'd like to talk about what you're feeling
你有什么感觉
right now in this moment.
我感觉维克不听我劝
I'm feeling like Vik isn't listening to me.
我感觉我想要他接受治疗
I'm feeling like I want him to get treatment.
好的
Okay.
我们再深入想想
Let's try focusing inward.
你能闭上眼睛吗
Can you close your eyes?
深呼吸 建立一条基线
Let's take a deep breath, establish a baseline.
-海伦 -我现在真不想闭上眼睛
-Helen. -I really don't want to close my eyes right now.
-好吧 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
但我希望我们能尝试下继续谈话
But I want us to try to continue.
你能把注意力集中到别的东西上面吗
Can you find something in the room to focus on instead?
心理学博士
你在斯坦福念过书吗
You went to Stanford?
没错
I did.
现在可以集中注意在呼吸上吗
And now can we focus on your breath?
你认识肿瘤学的专家吗
Do you know anyone there in oncology?
海伦
Helen.
也许你可以帮我问问
I mean, maybe you could make a call
那里有没有人
and just find out if anything's happening there
可以帮帮维克
that might help Vik.
也许你能让他参加个诊治试验或者...
Maybe you could get him into a trial or--
海伦 如果我能帮上忙 我会很高兴
Helen, I'm delighted to help in whatever way I can.
我会去帮你问问
I will make a call if that's
如果你和维克都如此决定
the decision you and Vik come to,
但此时此刻
but right now in this moment,
能回到我们的谈话中来吗
can we return to our work?
你能集中注意在呼吸上吗
Can we focus on your breath?
不 我做不到
No, I can't do that.
我现在做不到
Right now.
好吧
Okay. Okay.
你想谈谈维克
You want to talk about Vik.
那我们就谈
Let's do that.
我有一个问题
So I have a question for you.
你很关心他
You're very concerned for him.
当然
Of course.
鉴于如此
Given that,
为什么你会觉得
why do you think it feels so hard
去满足他的要求会很难
to give him what he's asking for?
因为我他妈不想再要一个孩子了
Because I don't want to have another fucking baby.
我说的是
I'm talking about
给他一些空间
giving him the space
让他对自己的身体做出选择
to make his own choices about his care.
如果他需要建议和指导 他的医生会给他
If he wants advice, guidance, he has doctors for that.
他需要你做的 有一件东西
What he needs you for, the one thing
这世间只有你一个人能给他
you can give him that no one else in the world can,
那就是你的爱
is your love.
你爱他
You love him.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我怎么知道什么
How do I know what?
你怎么知道我爱他
That I love him.
多说些这个问题相关的事
Say more about that question.
别在意 我也不知道我为什么那么说
Never mind. I don't know why I said that.
我当然爱他
Of course I love him.
我只是在想或许
I'm just wondering if perhaps
爱着维克现在会让你感觉到恐惧
loving Vik feels frightening to you right now.
为什么
Why?
因为很可能这一切...
Is it possible that all this--
你坚持让维克接受治疗
the obsession with Vik's treatment,
你所认为的他的拒绝
what you see as his denial--
其实是你内心恐惧的投射
is actually a projection of your own terror?
你害怕失去这个与你共建生活的男人
The prospect of losing this man with whom you've built a life?
你少了谁会活不下去 埃泽拉
Who couldn't you live without, Ezra?
我的儿子们
My sons.
孩子不算
Children don't count.
那好吧
Hmm. Okay, then.
我妻子
My wife.
我兄弟
My brother.
你呢
What about you?
我的孩子
My children, of course.
还有吗
Anyone else?
我得走了
You know what, I have to go.
我得说服维克接受治疗
I have to get Vik into treatment,
我们要回纽约去
and we are going back to New York,
我会把他弄回去的
and I am gonna get him there.
我不知道怎么弄 但我会的
I don't know how, but I will,
因为你知道纽约那边怎么对待
because you know what people in New York do
将死之人的吗 埃泽拉 他们不会坐着
who are dying, Ezra? They don't sit around
深呼吸 他们会抗争到底
and take deep breaths. They fucking fight.
海伦
Helen.
海伦
Helen!
海伦
Helen.
能把音乐开小声点吗
Can you turn the music down a little?
你没事吧
You okay?
想聊聊吗
You want to talk?
我没事
No, no, I'm fine.
你能去把孩子带出来吗
Can you just get the fucking kids?
今晚我得参加维克授奖的晚宴
I have to go to this benefit for Vik tonight.
好的 两个孩子这就来
Sure. Two fucking kids coming straight up.
还有你在上演的
Hey, and you know this whole
这一场好好先生戏码
nice-guy routine you got going on?
能打住吗
Can you just knock it off?
我知道该结束了
I know I have to wrap this up,
在最后 我想说...
so in closing, I'd just like to say...
我很激动 我的新角色
I'm thrilled that my new role
你们的小儿外科医生主任
as your chief of pediatric surgery
让我回到了家 回到了洛杉矶
has brought me home, back to L.A.
这个奖
This award, and the...
你们对我工作表现的肯定
recognition of the work I've done,
对我来说意义重大
it means so much to me.
但更重要的是今后的工作
But what means even more is the work to come.
我们将共事的这份工作
The work that we'll do together.
我希望今晚是我们漫长旅程的起点
I hope tonight is the start of a long journey.
谢谢
Thank you.
看起来你的同事们很欣赏你的演讲
It seems your colleagues enjoyed the speech.
谢谢爸
Thanks, Dad.
干得好 儿子
Well done, son. Well done.
来跟你父亲一起合张影
Let's take a photograph with your father.
-好的 -嗯
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表