福尔摩斯探案集 第1季第2集
跳舞的小人
艾尔西 出什么事了?
Elsie, what's the matter?
艾尔西
Elsie!
看来 华生
So, Watson.
你不打算投资南非证券了?
You do not propose to invest in South African securities?
你怎么什么都知道?
How on earth do you know that?
好了 承认吧 你是大吃了一惊吧
Now, confess, you are utterly taken aback.
当然
I am!
我就该让你立字为据
I should make you sign a paper to that effect.
为什么?
Why?
因为要不了几分钟 你就会说 这也太简单了点
In a few minutes you will say it is all so absurdly simple.
我可说不出这样的话来
I should say nothing of the kind!
你要知道 我亲爱的华生 作出一连串的推理来
You see, my dear Watson, it is not really difficult
其实算不上什么难题
to construct a series of inferences,
这些推理环环相扣
each dependent upon its predecessor
每一步又都清晰明了
and each simple in itself.
然后 只要把中间的环节一笔抹去
If after doing so one simply knocks out the central inferences
只交代给观众
and presents one's audience
他的出发点和结论
with the starting point and the conclusion,
就能看到别人瞠目结舌的样子了
one may produce a startling,
不过 这也许不过是哗众取宠而已
though possibly a meretricious, effect.
我是通过观察你
I can tell by an inspection of the groove
左手虎口处
between your left forefinger and thumb,
得知你不打算把你那一小笔资金
that you have decided not to invest your small capital
投到金矿中去
in the gold fields.
我可看不出这有什么关系
I can see no connection.
貌似是没有
Very likely not;
不过我这就给你看密切的联♥系♥
but I can quickly give you a close connection.
简单的线索 串起缺失的环节
Here are the missing links in the very simple chain:
你昨晚从俱乐部回来
You had chalk between your forefinger and thumb
左手虎口处粘有白色粉末
when you returned from the club last night.
你只有打台球时 为了减少球杆阻力 才会抹白粉
You put chalk there when you play billiards, to ease the cue.
而没有瑟斯顿作伴 你不会打台球
You never play billiards except with Thurston.
四周之前 你告诉过我 瑟斯顿
Now, Thurston, you told me, four weeks ago,
有买♥♥卖♥♥某南非证券的特权
had an option on some South African security
下个月就作废
which expired in a month,
而他很想和你一同经营
and which he desired you to share with him.
你把支票簿锁在我抽屉里
Your checkbook is locked in my drawer,
也没问我要钥匙
and you have not asked for the key.
所以说 你不打算对此投资
So, you do not propose to invest your money in that manner.
这也太简单了点
How absurdly simple!
一点不假
Quite so.
只要跟你解释过 什么问题都变简单了
Every problem is absurdly simple when it is explained to you.
福尔摩斯 你干吗这么高兴?
Holmes, why are you so cheerful?
你正在待业 没案子可破
You're unemployed, you have no case to solve.
换在平时 你肯定心情低落
Now, normally that produces black moods
凄凄惨惨 以可♥卡♥因♥消愁
and the infernal lethargy of the cocaine bottle.
你就是不懂什么是逻辑思维
You have not used the logical principles
亏我整天跟你耳提面命
which I constantly expound.
福尔摩斯展目舒眉
Sherlock Holmes is cheerful,
那就是说 夏洛克福尔摩斯大案在手
so, Sherlock Holmes must have a case.
对了
Pa!
看看你能看出什么门道来 华生老友
See what you can make of that, friend Watson.
福尔摩斯 这不就是小孩的涂鸦吗?
Why, Holmes, it's a child's drawing.
你就是这么想的?
Ah, is that your idea?
那还能是什么?
Well, what else should it be?
这位达比郡瑞都岭镇庄园的
Well, that is what a Mr. Hilton Cubitt,
希尔顿丘比特先生也很想知道
of Ridling Thorpe Manor, Darbyshire, is anxious to know.
这个谜是早班邮件送到的
That conundrum came by the first post,
他本人坐随后的火车赶来
and he is to follow by the next train.
希尔顿丘比特
Hilton Cubitt.
别费事了 我都查过了 华生
No, no, I have already looked him up, Watson.
他的家族在达比郡拥有领地已经有500年了
His family has owned land in Darbyshire for over 500 years,
所以我想 丘比特先生一定有财有势
so I presume that Mr. Cubitt is as respectable as he is worthy.
容光焕发 神朗气清
With a fresh face, an open countenance,
还戴着棕色圆顶礼帽
and wearing a brown bowler hat.
别开玩笑了 你怎么可能知道这么详细
Oh, no, you cannot possibly know that.
不相信 福尔摩斯?
Really, Holmes?
你会留在这儿记录案子吧?
Uh, you will stay and keep a record of the case?
赴汤蹈火
My dear fellow.
多谢 哈德逊太太
Thank you, Mrs. Hudson.
这边请 丘比特先生
This way, Mr. Cubitt.
我就是夏洛克福尔摩斯
Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
希尔顿丘比特
Hilton Cubitt.
这是我的好友兼同事华生大夫
And this is my friend and colleague, Dr. Watson.
华生大夫 你好
Dr. Watson, sir.
荣幸之至 请坐吧 丘比特先生
How do you do? Do sit down, Mr. Cubitt.
谢谢
Thank you.
什么结果 先生们 你们觉得这东西是什么?
So, what do you make of it, gentlemen? This thing.
您研究过了吗?
Have you had time to study it?
可笑的小人排着队跳舞
Absurd little figures dancing in a line,
孩子信笔涂抹的结果
it's a childish prank.
这点小事 你为什么觉得重要?
Why do you attach importance to something so trivial?
不是我 福尔摩斯
I don't, Mr. Holmes.
我肯定不会
I... I never should.
其实… 是我的妻子
No, it's... it'sit's my wife, you see.
她…
She...
尽管说 丘比特先生 都不是外人
Go on, Mr. Cubitt, you're with friends.
这东西吓得她要命
But it's... it's frightened her almost to death.
她什么都不说 装作若无其事
She says nothing, tries to appear normal,
但我从没见过谁会这么慌张
but I've never seen anyone so upset.
这和原先用白粉笔画在院子长椅上的一模一样?
In white chalk on a garden seat, it is a precise copy?
我尽可能画得一模一样了
Oh, it's as exact as I could make it.
我的确以为是马童画的
I did think it might be the stable boy,
但那孩子说没画过
but the lad denied it.
要是我妻子有危险 福尔摩斯先生
If there's any danger threatening my wife, Mr. Holmes,
我倾家荡产也要保护她
I'd spend my last penny to protect her.
丘比特先生 您请坐吧
Do sit down, Mr. Cubitt.
抽烟吗 丘比特先生?
Do you smoke, Mr. Cubitt?
好的
Uh, yes.
哦 不 不 我不抽 谢谢
Uh, no, no, no, I won't, thank you.
说说您夫人吧 丘比特先生
Tell us about your wife, Mr. Cubitt.
好吧 我一直都住在达比郡
Well, uh, I've always lived in Darbyshire,
靠近马特洛克的瑞都岭镇庄园里
Ridling Thorpe Manor, near Matlock.
我一直是个单身汉 要不是三年前
I was a bachelor and thought I'd remain one
去了趟伦敦 还以为会一辈子孤家寡人了
until three years ago I came down to London on a visit.
真是做梦也没想到
It's a rare thing for me, but...
我是打算去看看女王即位五十周年大典
well, I had a mind to see the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
我在罗素广场有寄宿处
I put up at a boardinghouse in Russell Square,
因为帕克 我们的教区牧师
because Parker, he's the vicar of our parish,
他待在那儿
he was staying there.
当时在那儿的还有一位年轻的美国姑娘
There was also a young American lady staying there,
她姓帕特里克 艾尔西帕特里克
Patrick was her name, Elsie Patrick.
我们都没个伴儿 就交上了朋友
We were both alone, and we became friends,
一起结伴同游之类
did the sites and that.
你出的钱?
At your expense?
当然不是
Certainly not.
你难不成以为…
Are you suggesting...
没有 丘比特先生 绝无此意
No, he's not, Mr. Cubitt, not at all.
这位帕特里克小姐来伦敦 就为看女王大典?
Was this Miss Elsie Patrick in London merely for the Jubilee?
不 不 不是 她到伦敦有一阵子了
No, no, no, she'd been here some time.
她厌倦了美国 四处游历
She'd tired of America, traveled about,
最后在英国落了脚
and finally settled in England.
不用多说了 等到假期结束
Well, not to make a labor of it, before my holiday was over,
我就成了个恋爱中的男人
I was as much in love as any man ever has been.
让我喜出望外的是 她…
To my surprise and joy, she...
她和我两情相悦 我们就结了婚
she reciprocated my feelings, and we were married.
善莫大焉
Excellent.
没张扬 就去登了个记
Quietly, in ain a Register Office.
你准是当我疯了 福尔摩斯先生 没认识两天
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表