I dared not think...
华生会告诉你
Watson will tell you
我在学校是个胆怯敏感的男孩
I was a nervous, sensitive boy at school.
这是我的性格
It's my nature.
我想起叔叔 想起他的内阁同僚
I thought of my uncle, his cabinet colleagues,
想到我给他们和自己带来的耻辱
the shame I'd brought upon them, myself,
也给我的亲友带来耻辱
everyone connected with me.
虽然我是意外事件的受害者
Although I was the victim of an accident,
但外交界是不允许有失误的
there are no allowance for accidents in diplomatic circles.
毁灭
Ruined,
耻辱 绝望的毁灭
shamefully, hopelessly ruined!
稳住 老朋友
Steady on, old chap.
退后 福尔摩斯
Stand back, will you, Holmes.
调查结束了吗?
Is the investigation concluded?
再等等
Adjourned.
可怜的老珀西 对一切紧张过度
Poor old Percy, terrible strain, all this,
事业危在旦夕
career in the balance.
这似乎没有影响令妹的爱
It seems not to have affected your sister's devotion.
她认识费普先生多久了?
How long has she known Mr. Phelps?
他们冬天在诺森伯兰郡认识的
Well, they met in Northumberland in the winter.
珀西当时外出忙政♥府♥事务
Percy was traveling on government business
在那个地方
in that part of the world.
他俩一见钟情
It was love at first sight.
你家人认为他俩般配吗?
Do your people approve of the match?
当然 福尔摩斯先生
Indeed, Mr. Holmes,
尤其当他们知道珀西
especially when they learned of Percy's connection
与霍德赫斯勋爵的关系后
with Lord Holdhurst.
我父亲是名铁器制♥造♥商
My father is an iron-master,
是保守党的坚定支持者
and a staunch supporter of the Conservative Party.
她来这里是为了见珀西的家人
She came down here to meet Percy's people,
而你陪她一同来?正确
and you came as escort? That's right.
在他们离开美国前
just before they left for America.
嗯 婚礼安排在九月举♥行♥
The, um, the wedding is planned for September,
只要可怜的小伙子恢复健康
if the poor chap recovers.
我想你本打算作个短暂的拜访
I suppose you only intended a short visit,
结果却发生了这种事?
and then came the smash?
嗯
Mm.
请问你的职业是什么?
May I ask you what your occupation is
为何可以整个夏天都呆在沃金?
that allows you to while away the summer in Woking?
福尔摩斯先生 作为长子
As the eldest son, Mr. Holmes,
我的梦想是继承我父亲生意
I have expectations of inheriting my father's business.
我也涉足于股票
I also dabble in stocks and shares,
因此我有一定的经济独♥立♥
which grants me a certain independence.
恕我无礼 如果我的问题得罪了你
My apologies if my question offended you.
5月23日晚上
On the night of May the 23rd,
你约了费普先生在滑铁卢车站见面
had you arranged to meet Mr. Phelps at Waterloo
并一同赶11点的火车吗?
to take the 11:00 o'clock train together?
没有
No.
那是他的打算
That may have been his intention,
他知道我在伦敦跟股票经纪人吃饭
he knew I was in London dining with my stockbroker.
但是我没预计跟他见面
But I wasn't expecting to meet him.
那么谢谢你宝贵的时间 哈里森先生
Then thank you for your time, Mr. Harrison.
我该… 嗯 你能否… 那是病房♥
Shall I, um, and would you, the sick room.
福尔摩斯先生 真不好意思
Mr. Holmes, I do apologize.
我现在平静多了 多亏了华生的护理
I feel calmer now, thanks to Watson's ministration.
对他温和些 福尔摩斯
Gently with him, Holmes.
啊
Ah.
费普先生
Mr. Phelps,
还有值班员老婆的事
there is just the matter of the Commissioner's wife.
是 当然
Yes, of course.
我记得 我们回办公室后不久
As I remember, shortly after our return to my office,
苏格兰场探员福布斯抵达
Inspector Forbes of the Yard arrived
精神抖擞地接过案子
to take up the case with considerable energy.
我们租了马车 在半个小时内
We hired a hansom, and within half an hour
到了坦盖夫妇位于布莱顿的家
we were at the Tangeys' home in Brixton.
他的大女儿开的门
The door was opened by his eldest daughter.
嘿 你想干嘛?
Hey, what do you want?
你妈妈在家吗?
Is your mother at home?
还没回来
Not yet.
她做晚班的清理活儿
She does a night job -cleaning.
你不介意的话我们在这儿
We'll wait for her, if you don't mind.
等她回来
In here.
你回房♥ 快点 把门关上
And you get back in here, now go on, and shut the door.
大约十分钟后 我们听到前门有动静
After about ten minutes, we heard the front door,
这时我们犯了个严重的错误
and here we made one serious mistake
都怪我不好
for which I blame myself.
妈妈 有两个人在客厅想跟你说话
Mum, there's two men in the parlor wants to talk to ya'.
天啊
Oh, my God!
这不是办公楼里的费普先生吗?
If it isn't Mr. Phelps of the office.
过来 过来 你以为我们会是谁
Come, come, who did you think we were
让你想逃跑?
when you ran away from us?
我以为你们是执行官
I thought you was the bailiffs.
我们跟个零售商有纠葛
We've had some trouble with a tradesman.
放手 放手 放…
Here, let go, let go, let...
我们有理由相信
We've reason to believe that you've taken
你从外♥交♥部♥拿了份很重要的文件
a paper of importance from the Foreign Office,
你跑到这想销毁文件
and you ran in here to dispose of it.
你最好跟我们去一趟
Now, you better come back with us
苏格兰场接受搜身 把手放开
to Scotland Yard to be searched. Get your hands off me!
我没有拿文件 够了…
I didn't take no paper! That will be enough...
安静下来
There will be peace and quiet.
费普先生… 不要 别
Mr. Phelps... no, stop it!
你把厨房♥搜遍了?
You made a full examination of the kitchen?
是的
Yes.
一点文件的踪迹都没有
There was no sign of the documents.
一架四轮马车来了
A four-wheeler was brought
我们三个一起到了苏格兰场
and we all three drove back in it to Scotland Yard.
我在万分焦急中等待
I waited in an agony of suspense
直到女警♥察♥出来报告
until the female searcher came back with her report.
她们什么也没搜到
They found nothing.
之后的事我不太记得了
After that, I have no clear recollection.
我想是位警官送我到滑铁卢
I believe a police officer drove me to Waterloo
稍微走运的是
where by the merest good fortune,
我在那遇到住我附近的费里尔医生
I met Dr. Ferrier, who lives near us
准备乘下一趟火车
and was traveling down by the next train.
你赶上的火车是?
The train you caught now would have been?
11点40分那趟 我想
The 11:40, I think.
费里尔医生我对照顾周到
Dr. Ferrier most kindly took charge of me.
多亏他照顾得好
Just as well he did,
因为我在车站里昏厥过一次
for I had a fit in the station.
在到家之前我几乎成了个语无伦次的疯子
and before we reached home I was practically a raving lunatic.
令兄那时已经回来了吗?
Your brother had already returned?
是的
Yes.
我虽感奇怪 但没有为他独自回来而担忧
I was surprised, but not unduly worried that he was alone.
珀西经常加班 我知道还有另一趟火车
Percy often worked late, and I knew there was another train.
所以我先睡了
So I went to bed.
然后午夜某时?
And sometime after midnight?
我被大厅内可怕的骚动惊醒
I was woken by the most fearful commotion in the hall.
把他带到这 把他带到这
Bring him in here, bring him in here!
天啊…
Oh, God...
你哥哥当时是在楼下这间房♥睡觉的?
Your brother was sleeping down here in this room?
是的
Yes.
我家人趁正在美国旅行
My family were taking advantage of their trip to America
让人翻修楼上几间卧室
to have several of the upstairs bedrooms redecorated.
很明显 可怜的珀西病了很久
It was evident that poor Percy was in for a long illness.
所以约瑟搬进我的房♥间
So, Joseph was bundled up to my room,
这儿变成了我的病房♥
and this was turned into a sick room for me.
这是个令人愉快的房♥间
Why, it's a very cheery room.
我在这里已经神志不清地躺了九周
I have lain here for nine weeks, delirious.
如果不是哈里森小姐和医生的照顾
If it had not been for Miss Harrison and the doctor's care,
我现在不可能跟你们说话
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表