Saxon families in England.
斯托克摩兰的罗依罗德
The Roylotts of Stoke Moran,
这个名字似曾相识
the name is familiar to me.
他的职业是医生
He is a doctor by profession,
经验丰富
a skilled one.
他曾经行医多年 名誉卓著
For some years he had a large and flourishing practice
在印度 加尔各答
in India, in Calcutta.
华生医生也曾在印度行医
Dr. Watson has also practiced medicine in India.
对 跟随诺森伯兰第五火枪团
Yes, attached to the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers.
请继续 斯通小姐
Pray continue, Miss Stoner.
在加尔各答 他娶了我母亲
In Calcutta, he married my mother.
她是一名少校留下的年轻寡妇
She was the young widow of Major mother's remarriage,
当时我只有两岁 我姐姐朱丽亚五岁
and my sister, Julia, was five years older.
我母亲有一大笔钱
Our mother had a considerable sum of money...
一年进项不少于一千磅
not less than a thousand a year...
这些她全留给了罗依罗德医生
and this she bequeathed to Dr. Roylott entirely
让我们和他住
while we resided with him.
抱歉 你母亲过世了吗?
Forgive me, your mother has passed on?
我们回英国后不久
Shortly after our return to England,
她出了事
she was killed
一次铁路交通意外 靠近科尔的地方
in a railway accident near Crewe.
然后我的继父便放弃了
My stepfather then abandoned his attempts
在伦敦开始他事业的初衷
to establish himself in practice in London
带着我们搬回了他的祖屋
and took us to live in his ancestral house
就在斯托克摩兰
at Stoke Moran.
但你母亲留给你们的钱
But the money your mother left you
足以满足你们的需要
was enough for all your wants,
所以你们仍可以过富足的生活?
so that was no obstacle to your happiness?
我继父发生了可怕的转变
A terrible change came over my stepfather,
他不和人交朋友 也不去
instead of making friends and exchanging visits
拜访邻居
with our neighbors,
他们一开始十分高兴
who at first were overjoyed
看到罗依罗德家人回到故乡
to see a Roylott back in the family seat,
但他把自己关在房♥子里
he shut himself up in the house
沉湎于和人疯狂争斗
and indulged in ferocious quarrels.
从那时到现在 我们很难避免
At times it was and still is hard to keep him out
他进警♥察♥局
of the police courts.
他成了村中一霸
He's become the terror of the village.
他允许别人拜访吗
Does he permit any visitors?
不 除了我的未婚夫和一些流浪的吉普赛人
No, except my fianc?and some wandering gypsies.
吉普赛人?
Gypsies?
流浪者 他允许他们
Vagabonds, whom he has given leave
在他的土地上扎营
to encamp on his land.
有时 他和他们一出去就是好几天
Sometimes he goes away with them for days at a time.
你可以从我的描述中看出来
You can imagine from what I'm saying
我可怜的姐姐朱莉亚和我
that my poor sister Julia and I
生活中几乎没什么乐趣
had no great pleasure in our lives.
仆人都待不了多久
No servant would stay long
所有的家务都是我们俩做
so we did all the work of the house.
她年仅三十岁就去世了
She was but 30 when I lost her,
那时她的头发已经花白了
but already her hair had begun to whiten,
和我的一样
even as mine has.
你姐姐死了?
Your sister is dead?
就在两年前
Just two years ago.
这正是我想要和您讲的
It is of that I wish to talk to you.
在我们这样的生活中
Living the life we did,
几乎不可能见到
we were little likely to see anyone
跟我们地位年龄相仿的人
of our own age and position,
但偶尔我们也会允许有些拜访
but we were occasionally allowed short visits.
两年前
Two years ago,
朱丽亚遇到了一个半薪海军少校
Julia met a half-pay major of marines,
之后他们订婚了
to whom she became engaged.
征得你继父的同意了?
Your stepfather approved of the match?
他根本就没有一点反对
He raised no objection at all.
婚前两星期
A fortnight before the wedding,
发生了一件可怕的事
a terrible event occurred
夺走了我唯一的伙伴
which deprived me of my only companion.
请说的详细些
Praybe precise as to details.
这容易
It is easy,
那晚每一幕都烙在我脑海中
every event of that night is seared into my memory.
那天深夜 大约十一点
It was late, about 11:00,
朱丽亚跑到了我的屋里
Julia had come into my room.
他又在抽那些难闻的雪茄了
He's smoking those awful cigars again.
也许你婚礼前应该住这个房♥间里
Perhaps you should have this room until the wedding.
哦 海伦 我真幸福
Oh, Helen, oh, I feel so happy.
可我也担心把你一个人留在这里
And yet wretched that I'm leaving you here alone.
我迟早也会离开的
My turn will come.
我会想你的
I shall miss you.
不用 我会去看你
No, you won't, I'll come and stay.
另外 你的少校也答应给我
Besides, your major has promised to find me
介绍一个相同级别的军官
a brother officer of equal rank,
绝对比他英俊
and infinitely better looking.
亲爱的 怎么了?
My darling, what is the matter?
海伦 你听到过有人吹口哨吗
Helen, have you ever heard anyone whistle
在深夜里?
in the dead of night?
你睡觉时该不会吹口哨吧
I suppose you couldn't possibly whistle yourself, in your sleep?
当然不能 怎么了?
Certainly not, why?
这几天夜里
The last few nights,
大约凌晨三点
always about 3:00 in the morning,
我总会被微弱而清晰的口哨吵醒
I've been woken by a low, clear whistle.
我也说不出是哪儿传来的
I can't tell where it's coming from.
还以为你也听到了呢
I thought you might have heard it.
我睡得比你沉
I sleep more heavily than you.
可能是那些吉普赛人
It was probably those wretched gypsies.
算了 不管了
Well, never mind.
你们在晚上
Was it your custom always
总会锁好门窗吗?
to lock yourself in at night?
会的 我继父热爱
Always, my stepfather has a passion
饲养印度动物
for Indian animals.
有一只豹子 一只狒狒
A leopard and baboon
在我们庄园里活动
wander freely over the grounds.
朱莉亚和我总觉得不安全
Julia and I had no feelings of security
除非把门窗锁上
unless our doors and windows were locked.
我睡不着
I couldn't sleep,
有种很不好的预感
I had a vague feeling of misfortune.
朱丽亚
Julia!
救救我
Please help me.
哦 天哪 海伦 是带子
Oh, my God, Helen, It was the band...
一条斑点带子
the speckled band.
我去叫父亲
I'll get father.
不
No!
回房♥间去 孩子
Go into your room child,
这里我来处理
I'll deal with this.
很抱歉 先生们
I am sorry, gentlemen.
我姐姐和我很亲密
My sister and I were very close.
那是当然
Yes indeed.
多么悲伤的经历
What a mournful experience.
而你完全不知道是什么引起了
And you've no idea what might have caused...
这阵口哨和金属声
This whistle and metallic sound,
你肯定听到了?
you can swear to it?
我印象很深
It is my strong impression,
但也有可能是被误导了
I may possibly have been deceived.
你姐姐当时穿好衣服了?
Was your sister dressed?
没有 她穿着睡衣
No, she was in her night dress.
地板上有支蜡烛
Uh, on the floor there was a candle
还有截火柴头
and the charred stump of a match.
也就是说 她被什么东西吵醒了
Which means, something must have woken her up,
点起蜡烛想看看发生了什么
and she struck a light to see what the matter was.
验尸官的结论是什么?
What conclusions did the coroner come to?
他很仔细地做了调查
He investigated the case with great care,
但他没发现任何合理的死因
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表