I should not be speaking to you now.
她白天护理我
She nursed me by day,
雇佣的护士晚上看我
a hired nurse looked after me at night,
神经病发作时我什么都做不了
for in the mad fits I was capable of anything.
只是数天前
It's only in the last few days
我的神志才慢慢清醒
that my reason has slowly cleared.
我发电报跟福布斯探员联♥系♥过
I've wired Inspector Forbes,
但他告诉我 没发现任何线索
but he's told me no clue has been discovered.
所以我找了你 福尔摩斯先生 我最后的希望
So I turn to you, Mr. Holmes, as my last hope.
问一个很重要的问题 费普先生
Just one question of the utmost importance, Mr. Phelps.
你有告诉任何人这个特别任务吗?
Did you tell anyone that you had this special task to perform?
没有
No one.
比如说 哈里森小姐呢?
Not Miss Harrison, for example?
没有
No.
在接到命令和
I had not been back to Woking
执行任务的时间内 我没回过沃金
in between getting the order and executing the commission.
玫瑰是多么可爱的东西呀
What a lovely thing a rose is.
没有什么
There is nothing in which
比宗教更需要推理法
deduction is so necessary as in religion.
推理学者建立出一门精密的学科
It can be built up as an exact science by the reasoner.
我们对上帝仁慈的最高信仰
Our highest assurance of the goodness of Providence
在我看来 尽寄托于鲜花中
seems to me to rest in the flowers.
它额外给予的仁慈
It is only goodness which gives extras,
所以我再说一遍
and so I say again,
我们从花中可得到巨大的希望
we have much to hope for from the flowers.
那你看到解开
Do you see any prospect
这个疑团的希望了吗 福尔摩斯先生?
of solving this mystery, Mr. Holmes?
疑团?
Mystery?
啊 否认这案子难解
Ah, it would be absurd to deny
又复杂的话 那就是愚蠢了
that the case is abstruse and complicated.
你看出什么线索了吗?
Do you see any clue?
你们已经提供了7个线索
You have furnished me with seven,
但是我必须先检验一番
but I must put them to the test
才能判断线索的价值
before I can pronounce on their value.
你怀疑了某人?
You suspect someone?
我怀疑…
I suspect...
我自己
myself.
什么?
What?
是不是过快下结论
Of coming to conclusions too rapidly.
那回伦敦检验你的推论吧
Then go back to London and test your conclusions!
你的建议很好 哈里森小姐
Your advice is very excellent, Miss Harrison.
费普先生 不要期望太高
Mr. Phelps, do not indulge yourself in false hopes,
此事非常扑朔迷离
the affair is a very tangled one,
而我不是魔术师
and I am not a magician.
嘿 小淘气鬼
Hey, little varmint!
你怎么看哈里森小姐?
What do you think of Miss Harrison?
还不错 要么我看错了
A good sort, or I'm mistaken.
我觉得你对她直接了些
I thought you were rather terse with her.
是吗?
Was I?
她只是在保护爱人
She was only protecting her loved one.
也许保护过头了点
A little overprotective, perhaps.
当然 你不会以为
Surely, you don't believe
她与此事有关吧?
that she had anything to do with it?
华生 最难侦查的犯罪
The most difficult crime to track down, Watson,
就是毫无目的的犯罪
is the one which is purposeless.
而这个并非毫无目的
Now, this is not purposeless,
那么谁是此事的受益人?
but who is it that profits by it?
法国大使 俄♥国♥大使
Well, there's the French Ambassador, the Russian,
把协定卖♥♥给其中一位大使的人
and whoever might sell it to either of those.
还有霍德赫斯勋爵
And Lord Holdhurst.
这不是不可能
While it is not inconceivable
一个政♥治♥家处于如此地位
that a statesman might find himself in a position
就不会后悔
where he was not sorry
能趁机毁掉这么一份文件
to see such a document accidentally destroyed.
但拥有光荣记录
Not a statesman
的霍德赫斯勋爵不是这样的政♥治♥家
with the honorable record of Lord Holdhurst.
乔治 去外♥交♥部♥
George, the Foreign Office,
查尔斯街入口
Charles Street entrance.
乔治 我想你为我做点事
George, I want you to do something for me.
找一架曾在那儿下车的马车
Find the cab which dropped a fare there
时间是5月23日晚刚过9点半
just after half past 9:00 on the evening of May the 23rd.
戈罗 法国名字
Gorot, a French name.
实际是胡格诺教♥徒♥
Huguenot, actually.
但我跟你一样是英国人 福尔摩斯先生
But I'm as English in sympathy as you are, Mr. Holmes.
我是否因为姓名而遭怀疑?
Am I under some sort of cloud because of my name?
哦 不 不 福尔摩斯也有个法国奶奶
Oh, no, no, Holmes has a French grandmother.
我可以让你躲开
I'd make yourself scarce
福布斯探员的调查 如果你想的话
if you want to avoid Inspector Forbes.
我们安排了他5分钟后于此见面
We've arranged to meet him here in five minutes.
是的 我已经被他讯问过
Yes, I have been questioned by him already.
我会照你们说的做
I shall do as you say.
两位 晚安
Goodnight to you both.
晚安
Goodnight.
没有暗门
No secret doors,
窗户距地面30英尺
the windows quite 30 feet above the ground,
从里面插上插销
fastened on the inner side.
地毯使地板门的可能性为零
The carpet prevents any possibility of a trap door.
无论是谁拉铃绳
Now, whoever rang the bell rope
都必须来到这个桌子前面
must have come right over to the desk.
为什么拉铃呢?
Why ring it?
这个小偷想虚张声势?
I mean, was it the thief, out of bravado?
或是有谁跟小偷一块儿
Or was it someone with the thief
他想阻止这个罪行?
who tried to prevent the crime?
要么就…
Or was it...
是福布斯探员 对吗?
Inspector Forbes, I believe.
福尔摩斯先生 我是个大忙人
Mr. Holmes, I'm a very busy man.
除了这个我还有别的案件
I have other cases besides this one.
但我打赌没什么比国家利益更重要
But none so vital to the national interest, I'll wager.
我来介绍一下我的朋友兼同事 华生医生
May I introduce my friend and colleague, Dr. Watson?
你想从我这知道什么 福尔摩斯?
What do you want from me, Holmes?
我知道你的那一套
I know about your methods.
你准备用我们的情报
You're ready enough to use our information,
自己设法去结案
then you try and finish the case yourself
然后让我们丢人现眼
and bring discredit on us.
正相反 在我破获的53件案子里
On the contrary, in my last 53 cases,
只有4件提到我的名字
my name has appeared in only 4
其他49件功劳全归警方
and the police have the credit in 49.
我不责怪你不知道这个
I don't blame you for not knowing this,
你年轻 缺乏经验
you are young and inexperienced.
但如果你想在工作上出人头地
But if you wish to get on in your duties
你得跟我合作 而不是对着干
you will work with me and not against me!
那你采取过什么措施?
Now, then, what steps have you taken?
坦盖 那个值班员 我们查过了
Tangey, the commissioner, we've cleared.
他离开警卫队时名声很好
He left the Guards with a good character.
但他老婆不是好东西 酗酒
His wife is a bad lot, though, she drinks.
那个职员戈罗呢?
What about the clerk, Gorot?
我们已经跟踪他九周了
He's been shadowed all these nine weeks.
还是找不到任何线索
We can show nothing against him.
你对铃为什么会响有何看法?
Have you formed any theory about how this bell rang?
没有
No.
我得承认 我被难倒了
I must confess, that beats me.
不管是谁干的 那人都很厚颜无♥耻♥
It was a cool hand, whoever it was,
来了还发警报
to go and give the alarm like that.
对 是件很奇怪的事情
Yes, yes, it was a very queer thing to do.
好的 非常感谢 探员
Well, many thanks, Inspector,
如果我要你去抓那个贼
and if I can put this thief in your hands,
我会通知你的
you shall hear from me.
走吧 华生
Come along, Watson.
能问一下你们现在去哪里?
May I ask where you're going now?
跟内阁大臣霍德赫斯勋爵会面
To interview Lord Holdhurst, the Cabinet Minister
他很可能是下一届英格兰首相
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表