Like a fool, I volunteered.
那是个危险重重的任务
It was a dangerous mission all right,
千百条生命处于危险之中
there were a 1,000 lives in peril.
但我只牵挂其中的一个…
But I was thinking of only one of them...
南希·迪威艾
Nancy Devoy,
我深爱的女人 世上最美丽
the woman I loved, and the finest girl
最生机勃勃的女人
that ever had the breath of life between her lips.
和她道别是最难的一环
Saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing.
我们交换了定情信物 没想到
As we exchanged mementos, I never thought that
这一别就是30年
I was saying goodbye to her for 30 years.
是我追求南希的情敌
It was my rival for Nancy's hand
送我上的路
who saw me off on my journey
深夜穿越敌军封锁线
through the enemy lines that night,
巴克利中士
Sergeant Barclay.
他说他对驻地
He said he knew the lie of the land
周边地形再清楚不过
around the garrison better than any other.
当我志愿寻找救援的时候
While I volunteered to make the journey,
吉姆·巴克利自愿指引我
Jim Barclay volunteered to advise me
最佳行动路径
on the best route to take.
那之后
So, just after then,
在战友的炮火掩护下
while my comrades gave me covering fire,
我出发了
I set off.
巴克利告诉我沿着溪流
Barclay had told me to follow a stream
向一个小峡谷走
which would lead to a gully.
他说 这是最安全的下山途径
This, he said, was the safest way downhill.
他的指引很有用
His directions were perfect
我很快就涉过刺骨的河水
and soon I was wading through icy water
那里昨天还是喜马拉雅山脉的积雪
that only the day before had been snow in the Himalayas.
我能看到叛军的营帐和灯火
I could see the lights and fires in the rebels' camp
但我隐藏得很好
but I kept well down,
躲过了哨兵的视线
out of sight of their sentry posts.
我到了小峡谷后 自认为安全了
I came to the gully and thought I was safe.
紧接着 我被袭击了
Then it happened, I was attacked.
重物击中了我的头部
Something hard cracked down on my head
之后就不省人事了
and everything spun around.
当我醒来之后 我被绑得像只鸡一样
When I came to, I was trussed up like a chicken
还被挂在树上
and hanging from a tree.
我的手臂像是生生从
My arms felt as though they were being wrenched
关节处扯了开来
out of their sockets.
我不在乎疼痛 我最痛心的
I didn't mind the pain, but I was sick at heart
是没能完成任务
for having failed in my mission.
那些等待救助的人
What would be the fate of those
他们的命运会如何呢?
I had been trying to save?
但最大的震惊是 从我能听懂的
But the biggest blow came as I listened
叛军口中说出的一些字眼
to what I could understand of a rebels' talk.
我发现自己被出♥卖♥♥♥了
I heard enough to realize that I had been betrayed.
指引我方向的那个人
The very man who had shown me the way to take
居然把我出♥卖♥♥♥给敌人
had betrayed me to the enemy.
巴克利不惜除掉我
Barclay had got rid of me
只为得到我的女孩
to make sure he could have my girl.
现在 你们知道了詹姆斯·巴克利的心狠手辣
Now, you know what James Barclay was capable of.
原来尼尔将军的纵队
Well, it turned out that General Neill's column
已经在救援伯第的路上了
was already on its way to relieve Bhurtee.
叛军撤退了
The rebels retreated,
他们带走了我
they dragged me away with them.
百般折磨我
I was tortured.
我试图逃跑 又被抓住折磨
I tried to escape, I was tortured again.
又隔了多少年啊
It was to be many a long year
我才再次看到一张白人的脸
before I saw another white face.
俘虏我的人逃向北方 进入了深山
My captors fled north, further into the hills,
把我当做奴隶
and used me as a sort of slave.
我过着猪狗不如的生活
I was treated worse than a dog
这些混♥蛋♥几乎折断了我每一根骨头
and they damn near broke every bone in my body.
有时我更希望他们杀了我
Sometimes I'd wish they'd just killed me,
但我对那个毁我一生的人的厌恶
but my thoughts of hatred and loathing for the man
和仇恨支撑着我
who destroyed my life kept me going.
我每天都想着报复巴克利
I dreamed of revenge on Barclay.
一天 阿富汗部落的人
One day some Afghan tribesmen
杀死了看守我的叛军
murdered the rebels that held me prisoner.
把我留在那儿自生自灭
They left me for dead, too.
但奇迹发生了 我依旧活着
But by a miracle, I still lived.
于是 我像对向那些对我施暴的人复仇
So, I had my revenge on my torturers,
但巴克利早就不知去向
but Barclay was beyond my grasp.
至于南希
And what of Nancy,
我不知她是生是死
I had no means of knowing whether she was alive or dead.
我流浪回到旁遮普(印度)
I wandered back to the Punjab,
住在土人中间
and lived among the natives,
靠耍些把戏为生
picking up a living by the conjuring tricks
我跟随街头魔术师学了不少
I'd learned from the street magicians.
何必奢望呢 我一个瘸子
What use was it for me, a wretched cripple,
就算乘船回到英格兰
to get passage back by ship to England
和团里的老战友重聚 又有什么用?
and make myself known to my old comrades in the regiment?
向吉姆·巴克利复仇的怒焰也没能让我这么做
Even revenge on Jim Barclay didn't make me go.
不 我… 直说吧
No, I I'll tell you straight,
我更希望我的南希和麦洛斯团的
I preferred my Nancy and my old pals
老战友们继续相信
in the Royal Mallows to go on believing
亨利·伍德已经英勇牺牲
that Harry Wood died a hero's death
直着腰杆而死
with a straight back,
不愿让他们看我屈膝弓背
than see him crawling about the world
像猩猩一样爬行 不成人形
more like a chimpanzee than a human being.
但你还是回来了
But you did return,
回到你团部驻扎的奥尔德肖特 为什么?
and to Aldershot where your old regiment was stationed, why?
我只想在死前再看看故乡
I just wanted to see the old country once more before I died.
我省吃俭用 终于坐船出发了
I saved what I could and eventually I got a ship.
我不知道团部仍驻扎在奥尔德肖特
I didn't know the regiment was stationed here in Aldershot,
我只想回到战士们的驻地
I just wanted to be where there were soldiers.
我可以到各处的餐厅讨生活
I could earn my keep going around the canteens
变戏法逗他们乐
doing my tricks to entertain them.
我不再想杀了巴克利
I no longer wanted to kill Barclay,
复仇之火
the fires of revenge
在时间的历练下已所剩无几
had burned low over the years...
直到我见到她
until I saw her.
我觉得我应该更英国化些
I thought I'd better get some English tongs,
我已经很滑稽了
I looked comical enough without wearing
不能再穿这些异国的衣服
these foreign clothes the whole time.
起先 我专心致志挑一件
At first, I was more interested in finding
厚点的外套 不大在乎
a thick overcoat than looking at the charity
分发物品的慈善女士们
ladies who were doling them out.
之后她们中的一个走过来
Then one of them came over,
我立刻认出了她
I recognized her at once,
她几乎没变 还是那么漂亮
she'd hardly changed, still beautiful.
更令我惊奇的是她…
What's more amazing is she...
她好像认识我
she seemed to know me.
晚上好 我能帮助你吗?
Good evening, can I help you?
你找到需要的…
Have you been able to find anything that...
很抱歉 我以为…
I'm sorry, I thought I...
南希 是我啊 亨利
Nancy, it is me, Harry.
别被我吓到
Don't be afraid.
我以为你死了30年了
I thought you had been dead these 30 years.
我的确死过了…
I have been...
我以为我再也见不到你了
I thought I would never see you again.
我们聊了一会
We spoke for a moment or two together.
我告诉她一些我的事
I told her some of my story.
我不该告诉她
I should have spared telling her
她的丈夫是个叛徒
that her husband was a traitor
但我冲昏了头 脱口而出
but it all came pouring out of me,
30年入骨的恨啊
30 years of hate.
她被我的话震惊了
She was so effected by what I said,
我无法忍♥受下去
I couldn't stand it.
就逃了出去
I went outside,
之后我看到她走出工作厅
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表