To eat it.
如果不这么做 那鹅就真的不堪食用了
It would have been of little use to anyone had we not done so.
但我们又买♥♥了一只鹅 就在餐柜上
But we have another goose upon the sideboard there,
我想它和你那只鹅应该差不多
which I presume will answer your purpose equally well.
重量不相上下
It is about the same weight,
而且十分鲜嫩
and perfectly fresh, as you can see.
噢 那当然了
Oh, yes, most certainly.
当然 我们还留着原来那只鹅的
Of course, we have kept the feathers, legs, crop,
羽毛 腿 嗉囊等等 如果你想要
and so on of your own bird, if you so wish.
作为我的历险纪念品也许有点用处
It might be useful to me as relics of my adventure,
除此之外
but beyond that I can hardly see
我看不出我那鹅的零星碎物
what use the disjectamembra of my old acquaintance
对我有何用处
could possibly be to me.
如果你不介意
Oh, no, sir, with your permission,
我… 我想我关心的是
I... I shall confine my attentions
我在你餐柜上看到的那只肥鹅
to the excellent bird which I perceive upon your sideboard.
我想知道
I would be interested to know
你那只鹅是在哪买♥♥的
where the other bird came from.
我对饲养家禽很有兴趣
You see, I am somewhat of a fowl fancier,
我很少见到如此好的肥鹅
and I have seldom seen a better grown bird.
所以我对你买♥♥下鹅
It would be of great interest to me to know
的细节极有兴趣
precisely how it came into your possession.
是俱乐部给我的 先生 一个鹅俱乐部
It was the club, sir, the goose club.
鹅俱乐部?说得再具体点
The goose club, the exact circumstances?
我… 我不是个富人
I... I am not a rich man,
正如你看到的 先生 我的生活窘迫
as you may see, sir, but I make a humble living,
但也不失尊严 这样说吧
and a respectable one, if I may say so,
我在大英博物馆工作
in the British Museum.
做研究?
Studying?
算是吧
Studying, you might say,
也帮助别人做研究
and helping others with their studies.
我看过很多书
I... I have a certain knowledge of books.
那天 我提早下班
That day, sir, I had finished work early
下午就离开了博物馆
and left the museum in the afternoon.
我办完私事
I had a little business to attend to
就去了阿尔法小酒店
before calling in at the Alpha Public House.
博物馆的好些同事
Several of us who work in the museum
经常去那儿
frequent that establishment,
今年 我们的好店主
and this year our good host,
温迪盖特先生 创办了一个鹅俱乐部
Mr. Windigate, had instigated a goose club,
考虑到每周向俱乐部交纳几便士
by which, on consideration of some few pence each week,
我们在圣诞节都收到一只鹅
we were to receive a bird at Christmas.
给你的 贝克先生
There we are, Mr. Baker,
说好的 一只上等肥鹅
a very fine bird, as promised.
真是难得一见的肥鹅 老板
Magnificent specimen, indeed, landlord, eh.
这下能和你妻子重修旧好了吧?
Put you back in the wife's good books, eh?
恐怕她对我还是有点不满
Well, she is still somewhat irked with me, I'm afraid.
等我又找到能赚钱的工作时
Things may doubtless improve when I am
一切肯定会有好转
once more in gainful employment.
噢 肯定是学术性的工作
Oh, an academic nature, of course.
我很有前途的
Yeah I have expectations.
这是上次欠你的8便士
Well, I owe you one last payment of eight pennies, eh.
"一夜暴富"了 贝克先生?
Struck it rich, have we, Mr. B?
我碰巧遇到一个
I chanced upon an acquaintance
富有同情心的熟人 其实呢
of sympathetic disposition, I, that is to say,
我卖♥♥给他几本我的书
I sold some of my books.
不是你的书吧 贝克先生
Oh, not your books, Mr. Baker.
这也是迫不得已 温迪盖特先生
Needs must, Mr. Windigate,
今年的冬天比以往更窘迫
and at this season of the year more than ever,
我们不能割舍所爱之物
we must not deprive those we love,
所娶之人更应好好珍惜
or even those to whom we are married.
先把这份示好礼物放一边
And so, if you will set aside this impressive peace offering,
我得缓解下压力
I shall fortify myself for the fray
所以给我来一大杯威士忌
with a large glass of whiskey,
再来一品脱你这最好的啤酒
and a pint of your most excellent beer.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas to you.
圣诞快乐 贝克先生
Same to you, Mr. Baker.
在我回家的路上
Well, sir, on my way home
我被一群流氓袭击
I was attacked by the gang of roughs,
我以为他们偷了我的鹅
who I believed had stolen the goose.
我的帽子也在扭打中丢了
My hat came off in the scuffle.
我… 我就记得
I... I remember little of it,
一个穿制♥服♥的警官出现在现场
save that a uniformed officer appeared on the scene
于是我们都逃走了
and we all made off.
这是当然 我们能理解
Yes, of course, we quite understand.
在那种情况下嘛
In the circumstances.
结果好 才是真的好
Well, all is well that ends well.
我对您的费心深表谢意 先生
I am most indebted to you, sir, for your trouble.
我想这顶苏格兰帽
A scottish bonnet, I fear,
既不符合我的年龄 也不符合我的身份
is fitted neither to my years nor to my dignity.
节日快乐 先生
My complements of the season to you, sir.
你也是啊 先生
And to you, too, sir.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you, sir.
噢 对了
Oh, uh, by the way,
你家有煤油灯吗?
do you have gas laid on in your house?
煤油灯 当然没有
Gas, alas, no.
很好
Jolly good.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
也祝您俩圣诞快乐
And to you both, gentlemen.
好了 亨利·贝克先生的事到此结束
Well then, so much for Mr. Henry Baker.
他显然对宝石的事一无所知
He obviously knows nothing of the matter.
哈德森太太
Ah, Mrs. Hudson.
华生 你饿吗?
Watson, do you need nourishment?
不是很饿
Not particularly.
太好了
Splendid.
哈德森太太 把我们的晚餐改成夜宵吧
Mrs. Hudson, we shall turn dinner into supper,
我们要顺藤摸瓜 趁热打铁
and we will follow up this clue while it is still hot.
能比夜宵还热么?
Which is more than the supper will be.
晚上好 先生们 今晚真是冷啊
Good evening, gentlemen, and a very cold one.
确实是啊 老板
It is, indeed, landlord, it is indeed.
你们想喝什么?
And what shall be your pleasure?
啤酒 华生?
Beer, Watson?
什么?噢 好的
What? Oh, yes, splendid.
来两杯你这最好的啤酒
Two of your very best glasses of beer.
稍等 先生
Right away, sir.
如果你的啤酒和你的鹅一样好
Your beer should be excellent
那就是最纯正的啤酒了
if it is as good as your geese.
我的鹅?
What geese?
半小时前 我们刚和
Yes. We were talking, um, half an hour ago
你鹅俱乐部的会员亨利·贝克先生聊过
to a Mr. Henry Baker, a member of your goose club.
这样啊 可那些鹅不是我们的
Yes, but you see, them's not our geese.
那是谁的?
Whose, then?
我从考文特园一个商贩那
Well, I got the whole two dozen
买♥♥了24只
from a salesman in Covent Garden.
他叫什么名字?
Who might that be?
布莱肯里奇
Name of Breckinridge,
一个供货商 他那总有好货
a purveyor of the finest quality.
提醒你 如果你想买♥♥只鹅
Mind you, if it's a bird you're after,
我可以立马去找他
I'd get to him as soon as poss.
你们也知道 现在正是
Oh, it's a very busy time of year,
一年中最忙的时候
as you'll appreciate.
谢谢你的建议
Well, thank you so much for your advice.
能再来杯啤酒吗?
Will you have a glass of beer with us, landlord?
上帝保佑你 先生
Well, God bless you for a gentleman.
现在就去找布莱肯里奇
Now, for Mr. Breckinridge.
非得现在去?
Can't it wait?
华生 我们正在追踪一条
Watson, we have been given a line of investigation
被警♥察♥忽略了的线索
which has been missed by the police,
这条线索机缘巧合落入了我们手中
and which a singular chance has placed in our hands.
我们得顺着线索不惜一切 追查到底
Now, let us follow it out to the bitter end.
真是不惜一切啊
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表